Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    Bench line up looks weaker this year subbing Serge in for Poeltl.

111.5/107.7 (+3.8) instead of 114.8/107.4 (+7.4).

And it's even worse with Monroe.

Assuming Fred/Delon/CJ/Pascal are the other 4.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    It likes this one:

Nice find, SR. Plug DeRozan into that lineup for Delon Wright and it gets worse. lol.

EDIT: Barolt beat me to it. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    Interestingly, if you slot in Kyle, Kawhi, OG, and Jonas, and then play around with the 5th slot, inserting Danny Green, Delon Wright, Fred VanVleet, or DeMar DeRozan, the worst of those four lineups is the one with DeMar.
    No surprise really, is there? The plus minus with DeMar from the playoffs were pretty clear. Too easy for other teams to target him when he was on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    It likes this one:

Interestingly, if you slot in Kyle, Kawhi, OG, and Jonas, and then play around with the 5th slot, inserting Danny Green, Delon Wright, Fred VanVleet, or DeMar DeRozan, the worst of those four lineups is the one with DeMar.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post

This is a fun tool for playing around with lineups, and it's really hard to make Raptors lineups that aren't awesome.
    It likes this one:

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    He reminds me of a young Serge: Good shot blocker/rim protector with a solid 3pt range, and maybe a bit of a hot temper. Roughly same height and weight (I think he's an inch taller but 15 pounds lighter). He's a lot faster though, and only 22.

I would cut Brown and sign this guy already. Salaries would stay about the same. Personality issues would have to be huge to offset the on-court benefit and upside this guy would have over Brown imo.
    Absolutely agree. In my opinion; he's a low risk/high reward player.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Just Is wrote: View Post
    Personality issues as far as I can tell are the only reason.
    He reminds me of a young Serge: Good shot blocker/rim protector with a solid 3pt range, and maybe a bit of a hot temper. Roughly same height and weight (I think he's an inch taller but 15 pounds lighter). He's a lot faster though, and only 22.

I would cut Brown and sign this guy already. Salaries would stay about the same. Personality issues would have to be huge to offset the on-court benefit and upside this guy would have over Brown imo.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    I've been doing some homework on Wood. How has he not cracked a rotation yet? Does the big stage get to him?

I like what I see though
    Personality issues as far as I can tell are the only reason.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I would guess:

JV-Serge
    Serge-Siakam
    JV-Siakam
    Monroe-Siakam

In that order. With a lot of OG at the 4 having more success than a lot or all of those.
    You know I gotta admit I'm pretty darn intrigued about the potential of Monroe with Siakam/Serge/OG. More so because it's an unknown, but Monroe has also shown through his career to be a better passer than Serge or JV.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    If Siakam can hit the corner 3 with any kind of consistency it will be Siakam-JV.
    Agree with this.

Honestly though, I think that it matters little as long as the pairings are all used smartly. There's a good amount of options with the quartet of bigs we have and OG looking like a solid 3/4 who they clearly want to start playing at PF more.

I'd like for it to be JV-Siakam, though, so that we can roll out "big" lineups of JV-Siakam-OG-Kawhi-Lowry.

I expect the Serge-Siakam pairing will be successful as well if Pascal improves his shot, but should still only be used if the opposing C is not a bruiser or excellent rebounder. So stretch bigs who aren't the best rebounders are ok (even if Serge gives up a bit of size).

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied

This is a fun tool for playing around with lineups, and it's really hard to make Raptors lineups that aren't awesome.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    If Siakam can hit the corner 3 with any kind of consistency it will be Siakam-JV.
    What I wouldn't give...

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I would guess:

JV-Serge
    Serge-Siakam
    JV-Siakam
    Monroe-Siakam

In that order. With a lot of OG at the 4 having more success than a lot or all of those.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Which combination of bigs is going to be most successful next season?

JV/Serge
    JV/Siakam
    Serge/Siakam
    Monroe/Serge
    Monroe/Siakam
    JV/Monroe - probably never going to see this combo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X