Raptors starting line up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    I mean I wouldn't feel pressed to offload Norm until there is a reason to, which currently there isn't. Plus Norm still has potential to salvage his value and be a decent piece, honestly think its best to wait a bit before making any deals.

Wings are so much more important than bigs right now, Raps have never had enough really good wings, lets see how this goes.

EDIT: Plus if a main reason for this move is getting rid of Norm, the cost will be lower next offseason when most teams have cap space.
    I just don't see Norm getting any minutes at all this year.. unless there is an injury and that means he's rotting on the bench until something like that happens. Which is hard for him to get into a rhythm (and we saw the outcome of that last year).

Even if we go full on bench mob like we did last year (and I don't think Nurse wants to do that).. the bench 5 are the same as last year except we have to find someone to take Poeltl's minutes.

Powell's main competition last year was OG.. this year it's Kwahi, OG and Green.

Comment

Norm for John Henson straight up. Who says no?

Comment

How about Cristiano Felicio for Powell? Scrub for scrub. Felicio has 3 years instead of 4 and makes less per year as well.

Comment

92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
          I think the Bucks do, but there's a chance they don't, with Middleton's raise coming up and them clearly not wanting to pay him, so I definitely make the call if I'm Masai.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
            I do. Henson is soft as fuck. We need a big who can play bigger guys in case of injuries/foul trouble. Henson will just get bullied.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              I do. Henson is soft as fuck. We need a big who can play bigger guys in case of injuries/foul trouble. Henson will just get bullied.

I think Henson can play the Poeltl role pretty well. Poeltl was really soft as well.. but he was effective for the most part. Pretty slim pickings though if the only option is to use Powell's contract in a trade.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                I think Henson can play the Poeltl role pretty well. Poeltl was really soft as well.. but he was effective for the most part. Pretty slim pickings though if the only option is to use Powell's contract in a trade.
                Henson is softer than Poeltl...he's like 40 lbs skinnier than Poeltl.

We don't need to replace Poeltl in terms of skill set necessarily. It would be good to get a guy who is physically able to bang.

Comment

Please no more talk of serge at center. We give up tons of obards to teams when hes there

Comment

I wonder if Charlotte makes sense as a trade partner for a C. They've got Biyombo, Zeller, and Hernangomez on the roster, all of whom could fill the role adequately.

Biyombo's salary is hardest to match, probably requires Powell+Miles, but with two years on his contract he lines up perfectly with our other expirings. Powell+Richardson would match Zeller. Not as ideal as Zeller's under contract for 3 years.

Comment

Powell and a second to the kings for deyonta davis, they need a SF and are dumb

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                        I wonder if Charlotte makes sense as a trade partner for a C. They've got Biyombo, Zeller, and Hernangomez on the roster, all of whom could fill the role adequately.

Biyombo's salary is hardest to match, probably requires Powell+Miles, but with two years on his contract he lines up perfectly with our other expirings. Powell+Richardson would match Zeller. Not as ideal as Zeller's under contract for 3 years.
                        LOL, Powell and Miles for Biyombo would be hilarious. Requires Charlotte to take on 700k, but they are a little clear of the tax so they may be open to that.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Fuck I'd love to have Biyombo back.

His deal has 2 years left but it fits our timeline. Giving up Miles would kind of suck but we'd still have as many wings as we did last year and Danny Green could maybe take Miles' role from last year.

Comment

I love Biz as the Bench 5, but giving up Miles is too much and too costly for this team. In general I’m fine with moving on from Norm, because he has no role and is prob 2 major injuries away from having one. SI can disappear too, but what we get back as a match contract prob will be less impactful the SI, so we might as well keep him for now.

Comment

I am down for that

Comment

Alex91 wrote: View Post
                                I love Biz as the Bench 5, but giving up Miles is too much and too costly for this team. In general I’m fine with moving on from Norm, because he has no role and is prob 2 major injuries away from having one. SI can disappear too, but what we get back as a match contract prob will be less impactful the SI, so we might as well keep him for now.
                                Yup. Green had an off year last year so I’d be very wary on giving up miles despite his shortcomings

Comment

Working...
                                X