No announcement yet.

Raptors starting line up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our team is stacked and deep given the fact Kawhi Leonard will dress up and play for us.

Lowry
    DGreen
    KL
    Ibaka
    Valanciunas

FVV
    Delon
    CJ Miles
    OG
    Siakam

Norman Powell - will be our darkhorse this year, he will either shine or will be in Nurses' Nursing Home
    Rawle Alkins - 905 will play a few games
    Lorenzo Brown - 905 will play a few games
    Jared Lloyd - 905
    Chris Boucher - 905 will play a few games
    Malachi Richardson - 905 will play a few games
    Last edited by tenforthewin; Fri Jul 20, 2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      Our team is stacked and deep given the fact Kawhi Leonard will dress up and play for us.

Lowry
      DGreen
      KL
      Ibaka
      Valanciunas

FVV
      Delon
      CJ Miles
      OG
      Siakam

Norman Powell - will be our darkhorse this year, he will either shine or will be in Nurses' Nursing Home
      Rawle Alkins - 905 will play a few games
      Lorenzo Brown - 905 will play a few games
      Jared Lloyd - 905
      Chris Boucher - 905 will play a few games
      Malachi Richardson - 905 will play a few games
      Wait a second... I dont think I've ever seen tenforthewin post anything other than a trade proposal...

HAVE WE FINALLY ARRIVED AT A ROSTER!?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        Wait a second... I dont think I've ever seen tenforthewin post anything other than a trade proposal...

Ten is content. Championship confirmed.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Lmaooooooo

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Ten is content. Championship confirmed.
            Perfect 10

Comment

I see no reason whatsoever why green should start. What i think the starting unit will be:
              JV/serge/OG/kawhi/lowry
              What i'd like to see:
              Jv/pascal/OG/kawhi/lowry
              But that sort of hinges on pascal having an improved 3pt shot.
              2ND UNIT: FVV/Delon/miles/green/serge
              So like everyone has pointed out, we have logjam at the 2/3, and a starting PF that may be best suited as a backup C, and no real backup PF to speak of, or backup C for that matter unless that really is the best place for serge. I'm not sure how that 2nd unit would make out as listed above, but shoukd be very good offensively. If serge is a good starter then it woukd be great to get a backup C, as pascal would filk the bqckup PF spot.

Intersting dilemna to have, even moreso if powell is able to regain even some of his previous form. Personally, i have my fingers crossed that pascal can start, but seems unlikely given serge's salary. I think he could become a malcontent as a backup.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                I see no reason whatsoever why green should start. What i think the starting unit will be:
                JV/serge/OG/kawhi/lowry
                What i'd like to see:
                Jv/pascal/OG/kawhi/lowry
                But that sort of hinges on pascal having an improved 3pt shot.
                2ND UNIT: FVV/Delon/miles/green/serge
                So like everyone has pointed out, we have logjam at the 2/3, and a starting PF that may be best suited as a backup C, and no real backup PF to speak of, or backup C for that matter unless that really is the best place for serge. I'm not sure how that 2nd unit would make out as listed above, but shoukd be very good offensively. If serge is a good starter then it woukd be great to get a backup C, as pascal would filk the bqckup PF spot.

Intersting dilemna to have, even moreso if powell is able to regain even some of his previous form. Personally, i have my fingers crossed that pascal can start, but seems unlikely given serge's salary. I think he could become a malcontent as a backup.
                One thing I could see, to try to a) keep Ibaka's minutes down, b) keep Ibaka happy as a starter, c) get minutes for both Green and Miles in the rotation and d) still get that awesome pairing of OG and Kawhi a lot of minutes together, would be to:

Start Lowry-KL-OG-SI-JV
                Early sub Green for Ibaka like 4 minutes in
                Bring Ibaka in for JV as the bench C
                And use small ball around JV to close halves.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

1st unit- Lowry, Green, Kawhi, OG and JV

2nd unit- FVV, Delon, CJ, Pascal and Ibaka.

Bench mob in tact minus Jakob. D on 1st unit would be insane (sans JV).

Raps should smoke the East...I think they are a better team than Philly and Boston even.

Raps should have a 50+ win season again easily.

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
                    1st unit- Lowry, Green, Kawhi, OG and JV

2nd unit- FVV, Delon, CJ, Pascal and Ibaka.

Bench mob in tact minus Jakob. D on 1st unit would be insane (sans JV).

Raps should smoke the East...I think they are a better team than Philly and Boston even.

Raps should have a 60+ win season again easily.

Fixed it for you.

Comment

I don't think Nurse is going to settle on a starting unit all season long. He seems to be flexible.. at least based on his interviews. So I think it will mostly depend on matchup.

So going to use Boston as the team. They are the team to beat to get to the finals (and I feel like Philly is way too overrated).

So let's assume they start Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Horford.

Best lineup to combat that group will be:

Lowry,
                      Green
                      Kawhi,
                      OG
                      JV

Comment

1st unit - Lowry, Green, Leonard, OG, JV
                        2nd unit - FVV, Wright, Miles, Siakam, Ibaka

Could swap Green for Ibaka there too. All-in-all, we're a solid 10-man deep.

Just for fun, I'm curious to see how we build the back end of the roster though, the depth pieces that play out during injuries and rest days. How many spots should we fill there? (I think with the cap constraints we should keep that to a minimum. The way I see it:

--Norm: It will be tough for him to find playing time. I would try to do it when we're playing the Orlandos and Atlantas of the world though. Give him lots of burn there, and chances for him to recoup some of his value.

--'Zo Brown: Not pick on the guy, but I don't get why we signed him again. He's a 16% 3Pt shooter, not a playmaker at the nba level, and will likely not see any time on this stacked team, even with dual point-guard lineups. The only way I can rationalize his presence here is as a bad omen that we might be moving Lowry or Wright, which I sure hope we're not.

--Richardson: Again, not to pick on the guy, but it doesn't seem like he will contribute to the present or the future rebuild of this team. Imo, we should have people with more upside at the back end of the roster, like Alkins for example (meaning that even if they're not rotation-ready, there's enough growth potential, and Richardson doesn't strike me as that player)

--Boucher: That's a keeper. Hungry, athletic, with good instincts for the game, and positionally a good fit this year (a centre). I would also try to give him NBA minutes against weaker teams to give him confidence/experience and rest old man Serge.

My roster back-end would be Norm-Boucher-Alkins-Vet with friendly locker room presence

Comment

I'm looking forward to the lineup of Delon - OG - Green - Kawhi - Siakam

That length on defense is nuts. Everyone can also switch on screens.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                            I'm looking forward to the lineup of Delon - OG - Green - Kawhi - Siakam

That length on defense is nuts. Everyone can also switch on screens.
                            Yeah that would be insane.. but the crazy thing is it works on offense too. 4 of those guys are proven shooters. And Siakam has sick handles now.. so you can almost use him as a second PG.

Comment

I'd prefer Kyle-Kawhi-OG-Pascal-JV

I want to accelerate OG and Pascal's development as much as possible.

But if I had to guess it'll be something like
                              Kyle-Danny-Kawhi-Serge-JV

FVV-Delon-OG-Pascal off the bench. The question is whether OG starts over Danny. Danny may make Kawhi feel more comfortable, but OG earned his stripes as a starter last year.

Comment

I know pascal is undersize but id like to see
                                Lowry
                                Wright
                                Kawhi
                                OG
                                Siakam

Comment

Working...
                                X