Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91
    replied
    Depends how Delon improves but he could be a good starter. His three point shooting has improved, he is a good slasher, distributor, and defender.

So JV/Serg/Siakam
    OG/Siakam/Serg
    Kawhi/OG/Miles/Norm
    Delon/Danny/FVV/Norm
    Kyle/FVV/Delon

That's if Delon comes back shooting slightly better. I agree we need another big for insurance purposes, but that should be our rotation. Basically a tight 9 man rotation with Serg predominately playing the 5. or we can try to showcase him at the beginning.

Leave a comment:

replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    How much cap room do we have Clint’s Capela is still on the market. We win the east hands down if we get him
    We do not have anything close to cap room lol

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    How much cap room do we have Clint’s Capela is still on the market. We win the east hands down if we get him

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Norm has to move...even more of a logjam now. We're probably gonna get another serviceable big, and hes an 11 million dollar 12th man

Leave a comment:

replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Sacramento is the one team left with cap space, and if ever there was a team dumb enough to trade for Serge Ibaka and Norm...
    I think we're stuck with Ibaka (and I still think it would be good to keep him for next year). Norm I think could be moved.

I saw Mason Plumlee's name floated earlier today, Denver might be looking to move him as they are also dealing with the luxury tax. He makes more money per year than Norm (13-14 million compared to 9-10), but only has two years left, so he'd come off the books at the same time as our other big contracts. Could be a useful backup big for us.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    They have like 40 PF’s already
    And they got there by acquiring a PF when they had like 39 PFs already.

Plus Ibaka is definitely totally a centre now, for sure.

Ibaka plus Norm for Zach Randolph works, barely (based on some quick late night math). Throw in our 2019 2nd to make the deal sound better.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Sacramento is the one team left with cap space, and if ever there was a team dumb enough to trade for Serge Ibaka and Norm...
    They have like 40 PF’s already

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Attach Norm and some team will definitely bite. Might be able to fetch a backup C and rotation guard
    Attach Norm and you need roughly $30M in money coming back.

Like let's say you can do that for Dedmon and Bazemore... Atlanta only does that if you still add a pick or something. And then you're stuck with Bazemore.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Wild card of course is Nurse. Still don't really know what he wants, or how he coachs. Casey was a guy who would prefer to have the same startinf 5 for a whole season, not everyone is like that.

Also if masai doesnt get a decent backup 5 Nurse may be forces to put Serge in off the bench.
    I see Nurse as a guy who will experiment with different lineups during the regular season to find a good fit for the playoffs. The team will lose some games in February because of unorthodox lineups with bad lineup stats with small sample sizes. But it will be a journey to find the right lineup combo’s.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I think these are the two most likely lineups.

Siakam may be able to outplay Serge for a spot, but I doubt it to start the year.

We'll see if any more minor moves happen though. Masai could trade a wing for a big. Or maybe miraculously unload Ibaka's contract and actually get a useful player or two in return.
    Wild card of course is Nurse. Still don't really know what he wants, or how he coachs. Casey was a guy who would prefer to have the same startinf 5 for a whole season, not everyone is like that.

Also if masai doesnt get a decent backup 5 Nurse may be forces to put Serge in off the bench.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    I don’t care if they all start but I want to see some Kawhi-OG-Siakam lineups.

After Xmas OG and Siakam barely played together at all

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Lowry-Green-Kawhi-Serge-JV to start the season I think.

Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-Siakam is going to be so sick on defence. And if OG and Siakam have improved their shooting over the summer...

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Ibaka should definitely be moved even if its for scraps, do not like his offensive game at all and his defense is spotty at best
    can only move him if it matches contracts... and we will almost certainly have to give up a pick.. it's better if he can come off the bench at the 5... or even if he starts, give siakam most of the minutes, it seems like siakam is ready to play 30-35 mins a game now.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The problem is you may not even get scraps without attaching something. I'm ok attaching something if we can actually get a useful player or two back, but not ok attaching something just to dump him.

Not sure he has a good enough attitude for coming off the bench, but we can try and find out.
    Attach Norm and some team will definitely bite. Might be able to fetch a backup C and rotation guard

Leave a comment:

Working...
X