X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    ...As it stands CJ is really the only below average defender in my view. And he can opt out in a year. Maybe he gets moved before the deadline.
    Yeah, but imagine the open looks he gets when there are four other players on the floor that no one can cheat off of.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I think it will likely be Lowry-OG-Kawhi-Serge-JV, but I could see Green in for Serge.

As the roster currently stands, Serge playing backup C kind of makes sense, but I expect a move or two that will make that unnecessary.

The rotation question for me that is hardest to solve is how to get both Miles and Green minutes, assuming they don't slide Serge to a full time backup role.
    Yea I agree with all of this.

I think if you view JV and Ibaka as being center’s only that don’t play together it helps balance out the roster. View OG and Siakam as your 4’s and it’s easier to make it work.

But yea, there’s still not enough minutes to go around. As it stands CJ is really the only below average defender in my view. And he can opt out in a year. Maybe he gets moved before the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I'd be surprised if they used Pascal as a full time bench C, though we could see that for spurts. It's certainly one way to fit all the rotation pieces in. But I expect they go a different direction.

Leave a comment:

• Alex91
    replied
    Game 1

Starting
    Lowry
    Green
    Kawhi
    Ibaka
    JV

Bench Mob 2.0
    FVF
    Delon
    CJ
    OG
    Siakam

Closing
    Lowry
    Green
    Kawhi
    OG
    Siakam

As much as I dislike SI, I think it’s a given they give him one last chance to start the year.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I think it will likely be Lowry-OG-Kawhi-Serge-JV, but I could see Green in for Serge.

As the roster currently stands, Serge playing backup C kind of makes sense, but I expect a move or two that will make that unnecessary.

The rotation question for me that is hardest to solve is how to get both Miles and Green minutes, assuming they don't slide Serge to a full time backup role.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Ibaka should definitely be moved even if its for scraps, do not like his offensive game at all and his defense is spotty at best
    The problem is you may not even get scraps without attaching something. I'm ok attaching something if we can actually get a useful player or two back, but not ok attaching something just to dump him.

Not sure he has a good enough attitude for coming off the bench, but we can try and find out.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    IMO it should be:

JV
    OG/Siakam
    Kawhi
    Green
    Lowry

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Ibaka should definitely be moved even if its for scraps, do not like his offensive game at all and his defense is spotty at best

Leave a comment:

replied
    I'm all in on Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-JV, backed up by the revamped Bench Mob (with Ibaka in Poeltl's place)

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    I’d be surprised if we didn’t just insert Kawhi into Demar’s spot.
    So Lowry-Kawhi-OG-Ibaka-JV

I wouldn’t mind seeing us move OG to the 4 and starting Green though.
    Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-JV
    Yeah, I think these are the two most likely lineups.

Siakam may be able to outplay Serge for a spot, but I doubt it to start the year.

We'll see if any more minor moves happen though. Masai could trade a wing for a big. Or maybe miraculously unload Ibaka's contract and actually get a useful player or two in return.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    I’d be surprised if we didn’t just insert Kawhi into Demar’s spot.
    So Lowry-Kawhi-OG-Ibaka-JV

I wouldn’t mind seeing us move OG to the 4 and starting Green though.
    Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG-JV

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Green or OG in place o siakam

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    started a topic Raptors starting line up

Raptors starting line up

What is the raptors starting line up going into the season now that we have Kawhi.?

We have the potential to be the best defence in the league.
    Do we play Kawhi at 3 or 2?
    How do we hide JV against permittee bigs ?

We could probably play man to man

Lowry
    Kawhi
    Pascal
    Ibaka
    JV

Delon
    Kawhi
    Pascal
    Og
    Ibaka

Thoughts ppl