• Quirk
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post

where did you hear that. that's terrible
    https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/na...?pid=192938050

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    With the Warriors now standing atop the pile in the West and the Raps n Bucks going at for the East this thread may be nearing its end. Its now a best of 3 for the best two teams in the East the Raps and Bucks.

After watching these two teams go at it these past 4 games you know that the Sixers were a little something away (my two cents is that its maturity) and that the Celtics were simply overyhyped pretenders, their faux legitimacy based on nothing more than geography, history and a large number of national media types simply residing in Boston.

The Raps held serve at home. They gutted out a double OT win with their floor general fouled out and their star player leaking a bit of oil having to play 52 minutes. Still they won. And last night they kicked ass and took names and as best they could didn't put to many more hard minutes on Leonard. So back to Milwaukee they go and all the pressure is now on the Bucks who haven't had much in the way of must win games this year. So how does Milwaukee react to the pressure ?

For me I think Giannas will be Giannas.. He is going to give his team everything he has. He is formidable. Formidable as fuck but he is one guy. It means more in basketball but he like Leonard needs help To me the series is going to hinge on the Bucks guards Bledsoe, Hill and Brogdon stepping up as the Raps continue to keep the ball out the Alphabets hands at a pretty substantial rate.

Bledsoe has not played well vis a vis his performance in the regular season. Its not like we haven't seen this before as Rozier got the better of him last year. Malcom Brogdon is just off a foot injury. He has had a couple of good games this series and a couple of not so good ones. He is a second year guy and this is his first time in the really really bright lights.I like his game and what he is going to become but this is part of his matriculation process. George Hill is an old school vet but if your the Raps your not lying awake at night worried that George Hill in his 12th year and 6th team is the guy that is going to beat your brains in on a consistent basis.

In the Raps backcourt you have Kyle and Danny Green and Freddy VV. Danny has won it and knows what its like in these types of games. He is as mentally tough as a one dollar steak.Not much flummoxes this guy. Kyle sees a chance to win one. Not many get that chance. His play this series has put him in the top quartile of the second tier of NBA stars. He is giving it his all and the scoring and defense and assists and rebounding show it. Its been a struggle so far for Freddy but he is still playing better than Bledsoe has.

I like the Raps chances. Always do. .

Game 5 is going to be the next "the biggest game of the year" in a continuous series of biggest games of the year. Teams that win game 5 usually go on to win the series.

Think the Raps come home with a win and a chance to win it here.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed May 22, 2019, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Zainab wrote: View Post
    READ THIS ON THE INTERNET

"I think drakes lyrics to 0-100 tells me raptors and warriors are playing in the final. He mentions "comeback season", raptors coming back, "he said his actions speak louder than words" sounds a lot like kahwi, he said hes here "for the bucks and bilis" "we gonna win it on they Turf" sounds like the bucks and winning it in game 7 in Milwaukee over the bucks lol. He said he's only 27 in the song, kahwi is 27 years old and hes trying to "kill one of the goats" goat= Steph??

And then you get the report that bucks ban drakes music in Milwaukee lol"

COULD THIS BE IT?
    Also 2pac is alive in Cuba. It's all in the lyrics

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    READ THIS ON THE INTERNET

"I think drakes lyrics to 0-100 tells me raptors and warriors are playing in the final. He mentions "comeback season", raptors coming back, "he said his actions speak louder than words" sounds a lot like kahwi, he said hes here "for the bucks and bilis" "we gonna win it on they Turf" sounds like the bucks and winning it in game 7 in Milwaukee over the bucks lol. He said he's only 27 in the song, kahwi is 27 years old and hes trying to "kill one of the goats" goat= Steph??

And then you get the report that bucks ban drakes music in Milwaukee lol"

COULD THIS BE IT?

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

McCaw's brother died.
    Ouch. Prayers up for his entire family.

McCaw (personal) will not be available for Tuesday's Game 4 against Milwaukee, Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun reports.

McCaw hasn't played since Game 6 against Philadelphia, and at this point it's unclear if the Raptors expect to get him back at any point during the postseason.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post

reddit, so take it with grain of salt

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied

McCaw's brother died.

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied

McCaw's brother died.
    That is sad being so young.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

OG is still not determined but as we all saw, is travelling with the team and was reported as perticipating on on-court no contact conditioning. McCaw has the ubitquitous "personal reasons" flu which can mean anything from having a baby, health, to legal or substance abuse issues. He's been gone too long for it not to be semi-serious.
    McCaw's brother died.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

It's T-Rex..... your last line is the most important one. Both OG and McCaw would have seen the floor, especially OG, in the last two series but both are unavailable. Any word on whether either guy will be available at all in the playoffs?
    OG is still not determined but as we all saw, is travelling with the team and was reported as perticipating on on-court no contact conditioning. McCaw has the ubitquitous "personal reasons" flu which can mean anything from having a baby, health, to legal or substance abuse issues. He's been gone too long for it not to be semi-serious.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Based on an entire season, who said depth was supposed to be the Raptors strength before the playoffs started???
    I want names and addresses!

The bench was destroyed (for good reason) when we promoted Siakam and traded Poeltl. We further stripped it when we shipped out Wright, JV and to a lesser extent, Miles.

We knew MONTHS ago that the latest greatest idea was to untimately sacrifice depth and the bench that carried our starters for long periods last season, for a superstar and less bench ceiling and no depth.

That's BEFORE you lose OG and McCaw....
    It's T-Rex..... your last line is the most important one. Both OG and McCaw would have seen the floor, especially OG, in the last two series but both are unavailable. Any word on whether either guy will be available at all in the playoffs?

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Down goes Portland.
    They were up big in this game (up 17) but couldn’t close it out.
    Third game in a row, Blazers up by double digits at half then lost it in the 3rd / 4th quarter. What happened? Lilliard tried to take over scoring and GSW ganged up on him.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

But players did make the equivalent of 35-45M, relative to the cap. If you think 35-45M hamstrings a team in a 100+M cap era, then the 21-27M contracts of the 2005-2015 era (with salary caps in the 50-60M range) were equally a handicap to their team.

If you want to go back to before the luxury tax era, are you advocating for the bygone days of Michael Jordan earning literally the entire cap for the Bulls? He made 30M and 33M in 1996-97 and 97-98. The salary cap in those years was 24M and 27M. And I doubt you'll find a strong argument for how that prevented the Bulls from having success in those two seasons.

The reality is, star players are currently dramatically underpaid in the NBA relative to their peers.
    Every dime .. every nickle .. every penny anyone can get out of the NBA is just fine with me....

The players earned it... they busted ass to get to this point....all the US guys get outright shafted along the way .. most notably by the NCAA where everyone makes out like bandits but them......then they get the rookie scale contracts for 4 years....finally they get one or two shots at serious serious money....

Good on them.. as much as you can carry...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X