No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck Boston, for sure. But I would MUCH rather face them than the Bucks.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      We are cheering for Boston vs. Bucks? Don't wanna look too far ahead though.
      Can NEVER cheer for the Celtics....and if we had to lose a series, 100% sooner it was Giannis than Irving and the ghost of Paul f'ing Pierce

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Fuck Boston, for sure. But I would MUCH rather face them than the Bucks.
        You're going to get your wish....

Comment

• So tonight sees two teams with their hands on the brooms.. Both can get the sweep on the road...

The Bucks in Motown... Blake Grffin is playing at 80%. Maybe less. The Pistons just eked into the playoffs on fumes and they don't have anything left. The Bucks win this one to complete the sweep.

The Rockets visit those not so friendly Mormons. Harden had a crappy game the other night and they still won... or may be more accurately the Jazz lost it. This is a bad matchup for the Jazz.. but I see them extended this one and not getting taken out at home in a sweep.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            So tonight sees two teams with their hands on the brooms.. Both can get the sweep on the road...

The Bucks in Motown... Blake Grffin is playing at 80%. Maybe less. The Pistons just eked into the playoffs on fumes and they don't have anything left. The Bucks win this one to complete the sweep.

The Rockets visit those not so friendly Mormons. Harden had a crappy game the other night and they still won... or may be more accurately the Jazz lost it. This is a bad matchup for the Jazz.. but I see them extended this one and not getting taken out at home in a sweep.

Looks like there may be only one first round series with any drama: denver and san antonio. Kind of rare to have that few, and kind of a shame too.

NBA playoffs are just so vastly different than the NHL playoffs. NBA gets closer and more interesting each round, whereas the first round is the best and most thrilling part of the NHL
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Looks like there may be only one first round series with any drama: denver and san antonio. Kind of rare to have that few, and kind of a shame too.

NBA playoffs are just so vastly different than the NHL playoffs. NBA gets closer and more interesting each round, whereas the first round is the best and most thrilling part of the NHL
              Huh?

The NBA finals have too often been a foregone conclusion (and I hated the GSW/lebron narrative as I didn't want either to win lol) while last year, the NHL had an EXPANSION team vs Ovie for his first ever Cup.
              2017 was Preds (never won) against Crosby
              2016 was Sharks (never won) against Crosby
              2015 was Chicago (original 6) vs Tampa Bay (never won)
              2014 was the LA Kings vs Rangers (original 6)
              2013 was Chicago/Boston (both original 6 teams)

Lots of variety in teams, lots of good story lines, lots of relative parity in the NHL. NBA can have some good matchups as they move the post season along but the finals can be a snore fest. Houston vs the Raptors would be a breath of fresh air....

Comment

• Man, tonight might be a depressing doubleheader. I wonder if either of Utah or Detroit will put up a fight
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Utah's my biggest disappointment of the season. I really thought that if they were able to stay mostly healthy, they'd be able to contend for a top 3 spot in the West and maybe even a run to the conference finals.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                    Utah's my biggest disappointment of the season. I really thought that if they were able to stay mostly healthy, they'd be able to contend for a top 3 spot in the West and maybe even a run to the conference finals.
                    It's been proven time and time again you need a proven top 10 player to advance..the "sum of their parts" teams always flame out
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

It's been proven time and time again you need a proven top 10 player to advance..the "sum of their parts" teams always flame out
                      Give Mitchell and Gobert a few more years and I think they'll do something.

In terms of Big/Small duo's, they're right up there in the league.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Give Mitchell and Gobert a few more years and I think they'll do something.

In terms of Big/Small duo's, they're right up there in the league.
                        ya good combination. but the case of the Jazz they almost became to good to quickly. they were looking like a mini rebuild with Hayward left then Mitchell came outta nowhere to turn them into an playoff team. would have been very beneficial for them to miss playoff last year be able to snag a top 10 pick. seems like they need a good true PG. I know they were trying to get Conley at the deadline. he's someone who could be a really good fit for that team. Kemba's a FA but he's probably too small I play alongside Mitchell. plus Utah not the biggest FA destination maybe pursing Conley in alongside trade is their best option this off-season.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Griffins playing with so much tape on his knee and leg it legit looks like his leg is in a cast

Comment

• Casey swept away, once again.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Casey swept away, once again.
                              3 straight sweeps for Casey. a even crazy stat they showed on TNT. Detroit has now lost 14 straight playoff games. pretty shity for what Dwayne was calling a month ago a storied history. these aren't the bad boys anymore. I gained a lot of respect for blake that game dude was at like 50% down 3-0 against a way more talented team and laid everything he had on the court. respect

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

3 straight sweeps for Casey. a even crazy stat they showed on TNT. Detroit has now lost 14 straight playoff games. pretty shity for what Dwayne was calling a month ago a storied history. these aren't the bad boys anymore. I gained a lot of respect for blake that game dude was at like 50% down 3-0 against a way more talented team and laid everything he had on the court. respect
                                Casey talking about the Pistons having championships is like Lakers fans clinging to their 17 championships. Its great for the history of their franchise, but it isn't helping their current situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X