Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Great One wrote: View Post

    That's not good. The last time the Sixers played the Celtics, the storyline was how much Embiid struggles against Horford. In that game, Embiid lit up Horford with a 40/20 game.
    Embiid wasn't banged up then. Gasol is rough, that's not going to be fun to face with an injury.

    Comment


    • LJ2 wrote: View Post
      LOL, George could have been playing with LeBron, but chose Westbrook instead. What shot by Dame...ice cold!
      Apparently George isn't the only one. Its says more about LeBron.

      Comment


      • The Great One wrote: View Post

        That's my point, he's gonna be more motivated in this series because of those numbers.
        He wasn't already motivated at the opportunity to win a championship? This isn't a regular season game here.

        Comment


        • Apollo wrote: View Post

          He wasn't already motivated at the opportunity to win a championship? This isn't a regular season game here.
          Embiid strikes me as a guy who does in fact need extra little motivations like a 1 on 1 battle, or his name in the news. Maturity is not his #1 asset
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • G__Deane wrote: View Post

            Ebbiid is reading all these numbers too. If he's not too injured, Gasol is gonna have his hands FULL
            So is it better if Gasol had had bad numbers against him then? That's a defeatist attitude. Under that rational Simmons is gonna have a massive series given that he's "motivated" because kawhi shut him down every time they played. Both Embiid and Simmons will have good games and bad games on this series, depending on adjustments and counter-adjustments, as well as health and foul trouble. Gasol knows Embiid will be a much tougher mtachup than Vucevic, but as a husky veteran he is, I guarantee he's not approaching this matchup scared, especially seeing he was successful against him in the past.
            2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

            Comment


            • Embiid can be his own worst enemy. Too often he settles for jumpshots instead of going inside.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Embiid can be his own worst enemy. Too often he settles for jumpshots instead of going inside.
                Every big wants to be their childhood poster MJ and Kobe, not Shaq
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • inthepaint wrote: View Post

                  So is it better if Gasol had had bad numbers against him then? That's a defeatist attitude. Under that rational Simmons is gonna have a massive series given that he's "motivated" because kawhi shut him down every time they played. Both Embiid and Simmons will have good games and bad games on this series, depending on adjustments and counter-adjustments, as well as health and foul trouble. Gasol knows Embiid will be a much tougher mtachup than Vucevic, but as a husky veteran he is, I guarantee he's not approaching this matchup scared, especially seeing he was successful against him in the past.
                  It's hardly a defeatist attitude, far from it. It's keeping expectations realistic so some frgaile fans here don't jump out windows.....

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                    Embiid strikes me as a guy who does in fact need extra little motivations like a 1 on 1 battle, or his name in the news. Maturity is not his #1 asset
                    I hope you're right. If he needs some asshole on ESPN to inspire him to play well then advantage Raptors.

                    Comment


                    • The closest a mortal can come to feeling heavenly...The adrenaline that has to be pumping through that man who is just trying to stay as bad ass as possible

                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                        It's hardly a defeatist attitude, far from it. It's keeping expectations realistic so some frgaile fans here don't jump out windows.....
                        Might be better to let them jump...then they wouldn't be able to hang around here with their incessant doom and gloom whining. Make for faster reading of the forum.

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          The closest a mortal can come to feeling heavenly...The adrenaline that has to be pumping through that man who is just trying to stay as bad ass as possible

                          if u watch replay that guy in the red tank top storms the court ends up at the bottom of the pile and when it all clears him and Dame are hugging like their long lost brothers. it's hilarious
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                          Comment


                          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            if u watch replay that guy in the red tank top storms the court ends up at the bottom of the pile and when it all clears him and Dame are hugging like their long lost brothers. it's hilarious
                            You can get lost in that picture lol. Some people embracing like they just won the lottery. Some looking up at the heavens thanking their creator. Old ladies getting lit in the front row. And a bad ass pose by what looks like Aaron Gray behind Dame just saying "that's what he does"
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              The closest a mortal can come to feeling heavenly...The adrenaline that has to be pumping through that man who is just trying to stay as bad ass as possible
                              KeonClark wrote: View Post

                              You can get lost in that picture lol. Some people embracing like they just won the lottery. Some looking up at the heavens thanking their creator. Old ladies getting lit in the front row. And a bad ass pose by what looks like Aaron Gray behind Dame just saying "that's what he does"
                              Incredible shot. And you're right, that feeling's gotta be about as close as a mortal can get to feeling heavenly.
                              Gotta disagree with you on one point though. I don't think he's trying to stay as bad ass as possible. He just is.

                              Comment


                              • And down goes OKC....Lots of introspection there over the summer.... but Presti knows what he has to do.... more three point shooters... easy to say... harder to execute on....
                                Portland now has a view to the finals as they take on either of the Nuggets or San Antonio...

                                So raps n hinkies.
                                Of the possible draws .... (Milwaukee/Boston/Philly) the Raps get a good one from this corner of the world.
                                The Hinkies did a lot of posturing and laughing as they disposed of the Nets but t he Raps are huge step up in class for the punks in Philly.

                                Embiid isn't going to be able to physically dominate Gasol the way he did Jared Allen and Gasol won't let him get away with some of those punk fouls. Philly talks about being a physical team. The Raps are a physical team. Ben Simmons who has rabbit ears and a thin skin showed he can be distracted by the likes of Jared Dudley will be in tough with all world trash talker Lowry who will be needling him constantly as Leonard shuts him down and turns him into a turnover machine like Micheal Carter Williams. Simmons turned it over 24 times in 3 games when Kawhi was on him.

                                The game within the game to watch will be Harris and Siakam. Come early. Get a good seat. Bring popcorn if this is the matchup. It will be great. Can Pascal get out in transition and make life miserable for Harris... Will Harris be able keep Pascal in front of him and slow him down as he twists and turns for those off the glass lay ups ? Can Harris hit enough from the arc to set up his drive to the glass game. Can't wait.

                                Lowry will chase Redick around the floor all night and likely switch off with Green or Norm. Green likely gets Butler to start.. but if OG gets back as the series grinds on you could see OG on Jimmy .

                                Gasol and Ibaka will tire Embiid out... Joel is not the best example of a cardio fit athlete and will run out of gas. He will get points but not what he is used to and as he tires he will start to settle for jump shots.. Once that happens the advantage shifts to the Raptors... and it will happen. Joel aint got the lungs to run all game. He won't puke .. but it will be close. Simmons for all his talent can't shoot the ball past 6 feet and he will turn the ball over. You can sneak by with that in January.. not in the playoffs.. When you primary ball handler doesn't scare you in the least with an outside shot... thats a big problem in todays NBA..

                                The Hinkies bench is pretty thin... They can and will stagger the starters so that they aren't totally exposed but the Hinkie bench isn't very deep. Odds are we see the return of OG in early May.. The series is likely to start on Saturday the 29th... so we should see yet another long fast big defender to throw at Philly before the series is over...

                                The Raps have playoff experience.... I do recall scoffing at that as being a big difference maker... but its a real element in the NBA. The Raps are the more experienced team.

                                Brett Brown does not scare you as a tactical master on the bench. Embiid is nicked up and is out of shape. Simmons is a one trick pony. He is a wonder to behold in transition as he runs downhill... but he still can't shoot. The Philly bench is lacking.....Harris and Butler will be tougher than Gordon and Fournier for sure... but still.....

                                Raps in 6.
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Apr 24, 2019, 06:21 PM.
                                And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X