Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S.R. wrote: View Post
    Demo, picking at scabs is bad for your skin
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    This could be my favourite post of all time.

    T-Rex and Shao talk a good game, make some claims. ...
    But S.R. — you sir, are a bad and dangerous man.
    LOL....yeah I can't help myself.
    Took in a couple of Paul Pierce "analysis" pieces. Read a couple of articles from SI's team of misfit toys.

    So training camp is on for Chowda dissing. Not two a days yet but close.

    Working on my game.

    Comment


    • This is a classic.. The mascot shoots himself in the groin

      Comment


      • As my friend SR says..it’s scab picking time again.

        Lots of talk on how Gordon Hayward is back and now with him on the wing along with a mix of Tatum and Brown the Celtics are going to make the 95 Bulls look wanting.

        Peeling it back a layer ..let’s see if that’s as a big a fais accompli as is being reported as the unvarnished truth it’s being rolled out to be.

        DD used to regularly torch Gord when he was in Utah and now Leonard, a better player in aggregate, will prolly do the same on most nights. OG likely draws Tatum and have to think in year two with full range of motion and strength in his knee life may be troublesome for Tatum on games vs the Raps. Pascal is also a guy with length and an inexhaustible motor and perhaps gets the call to guard either of Brown or Morris when the Celts go small.

        Which leaves Irving to be the Boston offence which he is capable of being. It’s just that if Irving is working really hard on the offensive end an already debatable defender may give it all back on the defensive side of the court.

        These games oughta be classics.

        Comment


        • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          As my friend SR says..it’s scab picking time again.

          Lots of talk on how Gordon Hayward is back and now with him on the wing along with a mix of Tatum and Brown the Celtics are going to make the 95 Bulls look wanting.

          Peeling it back a layer ..let’s see if that’s as a big a fais accompli as is being reported as the unvarnished truth it’s being rolled out to be.

          DD used to regularly torch Gord when he was in Utah and now Leonard, a better player in aggregate, will prolly do the same on most nights. OG likely draws Tatum and have to think in year two with full range of motion and strength in his knee life may be troublesome for Tatum on games vs the Raps. Pascal is also a guy with length and an inexhaustible motor and perhaps gets the call to guard either of Brown or Morris when the Celts go small.

          Which leaves Irving to be the Boston offence which he is capable of being. It’s just that if Irving is working really hard on the offensive end an already debatable defender may give it all back on the defensive side of the court.

          These games oughta be classics.
          You forgot to mention that now we finally have our "brilliant basketball mind" coach Nick Nurse to matchup with the Chowdas resident "boy genius" wunderkind, Brad Stevens.

          Comment


          • The only guy I fear on the Celtics is Al Horford. We have no answer for him. Serge and JV are too slow and awkward to keep up. And Siakam is too small. Horford is one of the smartest guys in the league too. Not sure if you saw the Philly series, but he owned Embiid.

            Monroe won't help matters either.

            But after Horford, we match up pretty well.

            Comment


            • planetmars wrote: View Post
              The only guy I fear on the Celtics is Al Horford. We have no answer for him. Serge and JV are too slow and awkward to keep up. And Siakam is too small. Horford is one of the smartest guys in the league too. Not sure if you saw the Philly series, but he owned Embiid.

              Monroe won't help matters either.

              But after Horford, we match up pretty well.
              Casey used Poeltl and Bebe a lot against Horford last year, most Boston games one or both of those guys saw more minutes than JV, who was generally used very little.

              Maybe I'm out of sync with the NBA in 2018 but I'd like to see playoff JV deployed against Al Horford. Al never put up big numbers against the Raps anyway, personally I always thought Casey was overcompensating for the fear of "they have a mobile 5, we have to match up!" factor. Horford's a really good role player and is not a guy looking to drop 30 on you. This is exactly the type of situation where I'd like to see Toronto pushing their own strengths on the other team, hoping we get more of that with Nurse.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

              Comment


              • S.R. wrote: View Post
                Casey used Poeltl and Bebe a lot against Horford last year, most Boston games one or both of those guys saw more minutes than JV, who was generally used very little.

                Maybe I'm out of sync with the NBA in 2018 but I'd like to see playoff JV deployed against Al Horford. Al never put up big numbers against the Raps anyway, personally I always thought Casey was overcompensating for the fear of "they have a mobile 5, we have to match up!" factor. Horford's a really good role player and is not a guy looking to drop 30 on you. This is exactly the type of situation where I'd like to see Toronto pushing their own strengths on the other team, hoping we get more of that with Nurse.
                That was a big issue with Casey. He was always the one to give in and try to match the other team. Other team went small? We have to go small too, instead of playing big and trying to force the other team to play big.

                Comment


                • I am 100% biased .. but other than Irving ... no one else on the Chowdas over the past couple years has really given the Raps much trouble or cause for concern.... No one constantly killing them.

                  I think we were 5up and 3down with them over the past couple seasons and this year... we have the best player in the series on our side. Kawhai >> Irving

                  With the defense both sides will be able to put on the floor .. the games should be like playoff games (save for the first one which is one or two games into the sched) unless for reasons of wear and tear there are rest days for some of the more notable players when we play them.

                  Comment


                  • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    I am 100% biased .. but other than Irving ... no one else on the Chowdas over the past couple years has really given the Raps much trouble or cause for concern.... No one constantly killing them.

                    I think we were 5up and 3down with them over the past couple seasons and this year... we have the best player in the series on our side. Kawhai >> Irving

                    With the defense both sides will be able to put on the floor .. the games should be like playoff games (save for the first one which is one or two games into the sched) unless for reasons of wear and tear there are rest days for some of the more notable players when we play them.
                    And don't forget, Kyrie can't stay off the IL

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post
                      You forgot to mention that now we finally have our "brilliant basketball mind" coach Nick Nurse to matchup with the Chowdas resident "boy genius" wunderkind, Brad Stevens.
                      I also forgot to mention that Danny Green will be available to apply his defense on whomever is left.....

                      and on a side note... Stevens as a head coach has lost more playoff games than Nurse...

                      Comment


                      • Playoff Predictions

                        Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        I also forgot to mention that Danny Green will be available to apply his defense on whomever is left.....

                        and on a side note... Stevens as a head coach has lost more playoff games than Nurse...
                        Last edited by Maury; Thu Sep 27th, 2018, 09:37 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          I am 100% biased .. but other than Irving ... no one else on the Chowdas over the past couple years has really given the Raps much trouble or cause for concern.... No one constantly killing them.

                          I think we were 5up and 3down with them over the past couple seasons and this year... we have the best player in the series on our side. Kawhai >> Irving

                          With the defense both sides will be able to put on the floor .. the games should be like playoff games (save for the first one which is one or two games into the sched) unless for reasons of wear and tear there are rest days for some of the more notable players when we play them.
                          And if Norm is back in form this year the Raps can even make scoring tough on Irving. Lots of defensive guards with length to dog him all game/series.

                          Comment


                          • Maury wrote: View Post
                            He’s won more too hasn’t he? Kind of a moot point considering we have a rookie head coach.
                            I wondered when someone would take me up on that red herring seeing that Nurse hasn't coached a game (regular season or playoff) as a head coach. . Pushing the envelope you could say both he and Brad haven't won anything at the NBA level yet.

                            The Green comment stands though.And as LJ2 points out Norm is also available. Not going to be an easy night for Irving when they play the Raps.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Sep 27th, 2018, 12:28 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              I wondered when someone would take me up on that red herring seeing that Nurse hasn't coached a game (regular season or playoff) as a head coach. . Pushing the envelope you could say both he and Brad haven't won anything at the NBA level yet.

                              The Green comment stands though.And as LJ2 points out Norm is also available. Not going to be an easy night for Irving when they play the Raps.
                              Another way to look at things is how many playoff games does each roster have under their belt? Lowry, JV, Ibaka, Kawhi & Green have a sh*t ton of playoff experience. Even Norm has a bunch. At some point, that's got to be useful for something.... right?

                              Comment


                              • golden wrote: View Post
                                Another way to look at things is how many playoff games does each roster have under their belt? Lowry, JV, Ibaka, Kawhi & Green have a sh*t ton of playoff experience. Even Norm has a bunch. At some point, that's got to be useful for something.... right?
                                Should be.. Lots and lots of playoff experience in the top 6 and then for the next 6 ....for the first time in about 3 years there are not a bunch guys coming off the bench that are rookies or first year guys.

                                CJ is a vet...
                                Norm is in his 4th year.
                                FVV is going into his 3rd
                                Delon his 4th.
                                Pascal is his 3rd
                                Only OG is a 2nd year guy.

                                The biggest difference for me... is that for the first time in any playoff series the Raps have matched up in (post Vince Carter era) The Raps will have the best player in the series... in the East that's a pretty safe statement...

                                If they get to the finals it might be a more robust debate.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X