• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

I’d rather be playing the Blazers too.
    They've made it a game now.

Comment

• Well here we go.Game 7 of the Eastern conference semi finals. There is a shared synergy in the mile high city as the two higher seeds gear up for the best sports has to offer in a win or go home game. The Raps n Nug's are both at home and both sport a slightly better player than their opponents.

The Raps just got beat by a Philly team that came out and outplayed them. The raps looked like they were reeling them in in the 2nd quarter during a spurt but the Hinkies made baskets when they had to in choking off rallies. Its what good teams do and Philly is a good team.

But now Philly has to do it on the road. Both teams know what they have to do... its who executes best under pressure. In the past the Raps fans were wholly and rightly concerned that DD and Kyle didn't have enough to get it over the line.... they did a couple of times.. .against the Heat and against the Bucks in the semi's. However the Hinkies are waaaaaaaaaaaay better than those editions of the Heat and Bucks .. but ... this Raps team is waaaaaaaay better than those two squads. Quiet confidence should be in the air despite the Debbie Downers who see problems in every layer of this team. Its a unique way to to follow the team but hey.. they are pulling for a win as well in their own way.

Can' wait for Sunday.... Neither can the folks in Denver and Philly and Portland.
      Hell if the Rockets win tonight the NBA gets 3 game 7's on one day.

That should be enough to knock "Who is coaching the Lakers" off the front page of ESPN eh ?
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri May 10, 2019, 01:47 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Maybe.... maybe not. The "Other Guys" were just looking for an opportunity to show the world they didn't actually need Durant. Warriors have been dis-interested and they just found their motivation. They were sitting around watching Durant at times. It might take a game or 2, but I would not be surprised to see the Warriors go back into 73-win game mode.
        I wouldn't be as confident. Don't forget that 73 win team had Harrison Barnes along with a strong bench with guys like Livingston, Barbosa, Ezeli and Speights. They are playing a tough, resilient veteran Rockets team and if successful then either a Portland or Nuggets team both having great shooting guards and Bigs that would match-up very favourably against a Durant-less GSW.

Comment

• James Harden legacy is on the line tonight. Houston has to get this one & i think they will. Unless steph or klay catch absolute fire from downtown rockets win by 10. They have handled GSW with durant at home this series. I expect them to be able to get this one sans durant. Setting up for an epic sunday wiith 3 game 7s!!
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• what a game warrios-rockets
            but damn rockets could not pull it out even w/ Durant out
            both teams were playing such amazing defense too ehh

Comment

• Harden with an epic choke job in the 4th. So many poor decisions late in the game.

I also love how Steph Curry continues to own Chris Paul lol.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                James Harden legacy is on the line tonight. Houston has to get this one & i think they will. Unless steph or klay catch absolute fire from downtown rockets win by 10. They have handled GSW with durant at home this series. I expect them to be able to get this one sans durant. Setting up for an epic sunday wiith 3 game 7s!!
                Golden state did what Toronto couldnt do, win on the road to close, without kevin Durant.

regrettably I must say at this stage, I do not think we have the horses to beat golden state or even Milwaukee. We have an elite top guy, but so do both of them. After that and maybe siakam, I've lost faith in the offensive consistency of guys 3 thru 8, and the defense also seems to lay an egg at least twice a round.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Houston got Curried in the last 2 minutes and lost game 6. Houston's defense let GSW get all over the offensive boards in first half to let GSW stay in the game. Raptors had a chance to eliminate Sixers by putting a focused determined effort. Alas, piss pour shooting and no determination on the boards resulted in a Sixer win.

Comment

• Can't teach championship DNA. I'd take Curry and Klay over Harden and Paul anyday.

Curry > Paul
                    Klay > Harden
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• James Soften at it again
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Golden state did what Toronto couldnt do, win on the road to close, without kevin Durant.

regrettably I must say at this stage, I do not think we have the horses to beat golden state or even Milwaukee. We have an elite top guy, but so do both of them. After that and maybe siakam, I've lost faith in the offensive consistency of guys 3 thru 8, and the defense also seems to lay an egg at least twice a round.
                        It's amazing how the playoffs magnifies the teams soft spots.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Keep the faith.

I think we can definitely take the Bucks, their starters are not as good as the Sixers, though they are deeper. Giannis can't guard both Kawhi and Pascal. The Sixers' size is a problem for our bench guys, they might bounce back next round.

I don't think we have the talent to beat the Warriors without some luck, but we have home court advantage and who knows what happens with KD.

Let's squash the Process and eat some deer next week.

Comment

• A Rockets fan:

Watching this felt like watching my dad get beat up, but instead of it being an actual fight it was some weird BDSM shit and he was just taking it.
                            I'm dead lol

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Keep the faith.

I think we can definitely take the Bucks, their starters are not as good as the Sixers, though they are deeper. Giannis can't guard both Kawhi and Pascal. The Sixers' size is a problem for our bench guys, they might bounce back next round.

I don't think we have the talent to beat the Warriors without some luck, but we have home court advantage and who knows what happens with KD.

Let's squash the Process and eat some deer next week.
                              That's more or less where I'm at as well. At the beginning of the playoffs my impression was that we would squeak through Milwaukee, then lose to golden state (albeit offering some resistance there). I still feel that way, mainly because on a conference finals, playoff experience will be important.

Though I have to say, there are 3 factors that shook my confidence in the ability to beat the Bucks
                              1. Coaching
                              2. Role player inconsistency, particularly on the road (which is a problem since we don't have homecourt vs the bucks)
                              3. Compounding of #2 by #1 above.

Basically, if they play the Bucks with the same up & down level they played Philly (big blowout wins but also blowout losses), they're not beating the Bucks. But if they (especially the coach) learn from this series, and bring a sense of level-play, we can take them. Gotta win Sunday first though, so their focus should be there instead of the ECF.

Comment

• inthepaint That's fair. I have to admit that Nurse alternating between distress, bewilderment, and confusion doesn't exactly inspire confidence. But I'm hopeful he gains confidence with each win, another of which is hopefully coming tomorrow. And with confidence maybe he feels freer to react faster than he has this series.

I just like the matchup a little better than the Sixers. The Bucks don't have a Jimmy Butler. Bledsoe and Middleton are as unreliable as Kyle's been lately. And hopefully Brogdon is still shaking off the rust.

But first things first... dealing with Butler and Embiid.

Comment

Working...
                                X