Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Um its possible because its not some "person", that is THE RAPTOR. He has no age
    His name is Ryan Bonne

Comment

• The Raptor is 1,000,000 X > BJ Birdie or Carlton the Bear

Comment

• Alright, this calls for me posting again one of my favorite zach lowe pieces, a hilarious tribute to The Raptor. Back in the grantland glory days.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...eat-performer/
        But the popularity of the inflatable Raptor has almost overshadowed the regular Raptor and all the brilliant stuff that guy does all over the floor. The Raptor is manic. He is a whirlwind of activity. My wife barely even watches games when we go together; she cannot take her eyes off the Raptor. Fans mostly pay attention to mascots when they have center stage, and the Raptor is fantastic at that stuff. He’s athletic, he can dance, he’s funny, and his video skits are high comedy — the perfect mix of levity and a type of violence, mostly directed at opposing “fan” characters, that is edgy without being threatening or uncomfortable. In one game against Miami last season, the big scoreboard played a skit in which the Raptor, walking around Toronto, came across a “Heat fan” playing Queen’s “We Are the Champions” on a boom box. Cut to the Raptor finding an aluminum baseball bat and smashing the boom box. Next skit: The Raptor is in yoga class, hilarious on its own, since a large dinosaur performing downward dog next to a bunch of young women in yoga clothes, everyone acting as if this is perfectly normal, is a great joke by itself. But lo and behold, the same Heat fan, wearing a Dwyane Wade jersey, happened to be in the Raptor’s yoga class, and he was one of those annoying grunters. Cut to the Raptor tossing a giant yoga ball, quite hard, flush in the guy’s face. Brilliant. And by the way: Mascots generally write and conceptualize all these skits on their own, with some help from an assistant. They are writer, director, and editor in lots of cases. If the skit fails, it’s on them, and them alone.

But the Raptor is just as good when the game is on center stage, leaving him to mill around the court and the crowd. That’s really where the magic happens for the best mascots. Oh, hey, there’s the Raptor clowning a security guard along the baseline, just trying to get the stone-faced guy to laugh. Oh, wait, he’s leaving to go taunt an opposing fan, and maybe to “accidentally” knock that fan with his tail on his way to the next interaction. Wait, hold on: Is he actually going to stand up along that wall in front of the first row of seats, use it as a balance beam, and attempt a freaking cartwheel on top of it? Yes. Yes, he is, just to entertain fans who might spot the stunt during game action.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

30 years in fact...your age is showing But alas, I had first thought you were talking about 2004. Pistons, with no chance to beat the Lakers, won in 5. 1989..2004..2019..every 15 years, the upstart with defensive ferocity vs the golden boys chalk full of hall of famers. This time we're moving the locations a little north. Move LA a half a days drive up the state, and move Detroit just past a couple lakes and a national border.
          My math is showing more than my age ..

My age I cover using Revitalift 150 from L'Oreal which is made with a rare but secret extract from the lower shoots of a rare cactus which only grows within a protected strip of land 152 to 178 KM wide south east of Taos New Mexico. The TV adds assure me that this will stop premature aging and fights climate change.

No one ever went broke under estimating the vanity of women and their affinity to products which cost thousands but can be made using well over 94 cents worth of chemicals in a vat.

Just as no one will go broke betting against the incredibly high odds bestowed upon a very very soft Golden State Warrior team.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 27, 2019, 02:23 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• https://theundefeated.com/features/t...from-warriors/

McCaw scored two points in seven appearances for Toronto during the first two rounds of the postseason. Then he missed the first five games of the Eastern Conference finals against the Milwaukee Bucks for personal reasons. McCaw told The Undefeated he was absent because his older brother, Jeffrey McCaw, had died.

McCaw preferred not to offer details about the tragedy but said his brother meant everything to me.”

Growing up as a kid, thats who I wanted to be, McCaw said. My whole life, I was just looking up to that person. To lose him without saying goodbye was one of the toughest things. Theres just so much left unsaid that I wish I could tell him right now. But he's in a better place now, and everything I do now is for him and my family.”
            damn RIP
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Suck it, media

Comment

• Comment

• the city is inspired

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                      the city is inspired

Not sure if Suze Morrison or Luis Scola

Comment

• This seems to happen to Jeremy Lin a lot.

He has told this story or a version of it many times. It keeps happening though.
                        After Game 2 in Milwaukee, I was trying to get to the team bus and one of the dudes in the Milwaukee arena just screams at me. He's like, Where do you think you're going?! And I'm like, Uh, I'm trying to get to the team bus. He's like, What?! Where's your pass? I was like, I don't have a pass. I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have a pass.

Comment

• Can we just take a moment to remember the past.

Although I would watch the playoffs in years past. Once the Raptors were eliminated (wether during the playoffs or not making them at all) I wasn't deeply invested. If it was blowout I would switch to something else, if it were a late game, I'd miss the second half.

But I would be on here talking and reading about all the what if's. What if this trade happened, what if this person slipped in the draft. At times I thought the most interesting and exciting time to be a Raptors fan was the off season. That's when the dream could be had of one day supporting a team with true championship aspirations. Everyone had those dreams, but to truly trot out a team that could do it, realistically.

We have that now! We're in the goddam finals! Against a team that has been there the last 5 years. A tough ass team, but made of humans like ours. We beat them twice in the regular season, both garnering a bunch of media attention. This isn't impossible.

Can't wait

Comment

• Let it go Pops..let it go...

Comment

• That pic of Pop and Kerr is very ordinary. Kerr was a player on the Spurs' roster when the Spurs won the championship in 1999 and also in 2003, both times coached by Pop. They've known each other well for 20 years.

Coach Pop is a wine connoisseur and collector, and Napa Valley is just north of the San Francisco Bay area, where the Warriors are based. Per rumor, Pop goes to that area every off season, to check out the California vintages. And undoubtedly visit old friends, maybe take in a basketball game or two. Anyway, it's not at all unusual to see that pic.

Good luck to the Raps in teaching those insufferable Warriors some humility! Go Raps Go!

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                                Can we just take a moment to remember the past.

Although I would watch the playoffs in years past. Once the Raptors were eliminated (wether during the playoffs or not making them at all) I wasn't deeply invested. If it was blowout I would switch to something else, if it were a late game, I'd miss the second half.

But I would be on here talking and reading about all the what if's. What if this trade happened, what if this person slipped in the draft. At times I thought the most interesting and exciting time to be a Raptors fan was the off season. That's when the dream could be had of one day supporting a team with true championship aspirations. Everyone had those dreams, but to truly trot out a team that could do it, realistically.

We have that now! We're in the goddam finals! Against a team that has been there the last 5 years. A tough ass team, but made of humans like ours. We beat them twice in the regular season, both garnering a bunch of media attention. This isn't impossible.

Can't wait
                                Another awesome part of going this far in the playoffs: offseason is so much shorter! We're only like 2 weeks from the end of this series until finding out where Kawhi is going to play next year
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X