Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fury wrote: View Post
    Whatever happe ed to the Everything Non Raptors thread? Mods know that no one goes to the Let's NBA thread right?
    They took it away. It was too active in first few hours and thats not cool
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I think one part of the point is that we should care because the players care. Not all of them but a lot of the them want to be in the TNT game of the night or Stephen a Smith talk show the next day
      Sad, but true. In a business where eyeballs and adulation are directly monetized into massive compensation - media perception matters a ton. That's why Masai is going on a full out offensive to shoot down the narrative that elite players still don't want to play in Toronto. Raptors are a top tier franchise in the NBA, but we all heard the immediate condecension by the US media when Kawhi got traded here.... 1000% positive that he's one and done here. If Kawhi re-signs here next summer, that will erase about half of that. If Masai can outright sign a top FA, then the job is complete.

      Comment


      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
        They took it away. It was too active in first few hours and thats not cool
        Such bullshit. Seriously, does anyone ever go to the Let's NBA forum? lol
        Mamba Mentality

        Comment


        • Fury wrote: View Post
          Such bullshit. Seriously, does anyone ever go to the Let's NBA forum? lol
          Let's nba is the east hastings of RR
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • Fury wrote: View Post
            Such bullshit. Seriously, does anyone ever go to the Let's NBA forum? lol
            Going over to Let's NBA like

            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • Lol

              Mamba Mentality

              Comment


              • golden wrote: View Post
                Sad, but true. In a business where eyeballs and adulation are directly monetized into massive compensation - media perception matters a ton. That's why Masai is going on a full out offensive to shoot down the narrative that elite players still don't want to play in Toronto. Raptors are a top tier franchise in the NBA, but we all heard the immediate condecension by the US media when Kawhi got traded here.... 1000% positive that he's one and done here. If Kawhi re-signs here next summer, that will erase about half of that. If Masai can outright sign a top FA, then the job is complete.
                I don't think there is any good evidence that the failure of the Raps to land a marquee free agent or re-sign stars (the latter of which hasn't been an issue since Bosh) has much of anything to do with US sports media in general.

                Comment


                • I like CBS latest power rankings:

                  https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...ck-the-top-10/


                  4. RAPTORS
                  -- 0-0
                  The NBA's fifth-ranked defense loses a player who dragged it down (DeMar DeRozan) and added a player who will lift it up (Kawhi Leonard). The Raptors defense will be elite.
                  Last edited by Hotshot; Mon Oct 15th, 2018, 05:00 PM.

                  Comment


                  • I sometimes go on the Let's NBA forum.

                    Comment


                    • Jangles wrote: View Post
                      I sometimes go on the Let's NBA forum.
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • slaw wrote: View Post
                        I don't think there is any good evidence that the failure of the Raps to land a marquee free agent or re-sign stars (the latter of which hasn't been an issue since Bosh) has much of anything to do with US sports media in general.
                        How soon we forget? Masai has raised the standard to the point where we can't even believe it happened, but some US media people still persist with it.

                        It wasn’t the colour of the money or the chill in the air or the curling on TV. It’s that he wants to be on TV. Once a legend of YouTube, Bosh said that after seven seasons in northland, he was ultimately disheartened by the Raptors’ scarce appearances on the U.S. tube.

                        “Really, it’s all about being on TV at the end of the day,” the five-time all-star said Tuesday. “Seriously. A guy can average 20 (points) and 10 (rebounds), and nobody really cares. If you don’t see it (on U.S. national TV), then it doesn’t really happen.”
                        https://www.thestar.com/sports/baske...ge_a_bust.html

                        Comment


                        • Fury wrote: View Post
                          Lol

                          Kawhi and OG were taking turns practicing that one in the gym today.
                          Mostly silent but at one point apparently Kawhi said "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

                          Comment


                          • Wonder what the 2019 Raptors one will look like


                            Comment


                            • Like the 92 bulls best. It's clean. Not over done. 96 bulls and the mavs one look sharp too.

                              Comment


                              • Most are tacky.. but my fav is the 91 Bulls. The next best for me is probably the '03 Spurs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X