Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Durant could have both Achilles torn and he’s still getting the max from every team that can offer it.
    At the moment, technically, there are 32 players set to earn max money in 2018-19. Here they are, listed by the team who’s paying them that money:
    • Stephen Curry, Golden State: $37,457,154
    • Chris Paul, Houston: $35,654,150
    • LeBron James, LA Lakers: $35,654,150
    • Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City: $35,350,000
    • Blake Griffin, Detroit: $31,873,932
    • Gordon Hayward, Boston: $31,214,295
    • Paul George, Oklahoma City: $30,560,700
    • Mike Conley, Memphis: $30,521,115
    • James Harden, Houston: $30,421,854
    • Kevin Durant, Golden State: $30,000,000
    • Al Horford, Boston: $28,928,710
    • Chris Bosh, Miami: $26,837,720
    • Otto Porter, Washington: $26,011,913
    • Nikola Jokic, Denver: $25,467,250
    • Andrew Wiggins, Minnesota: $25,467,520
    • Anthony Davis, New Orleans: $25,434,263
    • Bradley Beal, Washington: $25,434,262
    • Andre Drummond, Detroit: $25,434,262
    • Joel Embiid, Philadelphia: $25,250,000
    • Hassan Whiteside, Miami: $24,434,262
    • Kevin Love, Cleveland: $24,119,025
    • Marc Gasol, Memphis: $24,119,025
    • Chandler Parsons, Memphis: $24,107,258
    • Harrison Barnes, Dallas: $24,107,258
    • Kawhi Leonard, Toronto: $23,114,066
    • LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio: $22,347,015
    • Kyrie Irving, Boston: $20,099,189
    • Jimmy Butler, Minnesota: $19,841,627
    • Enes Kanter, New York: $18,622,514
    • Wesley Matthews, Dallas: $18,622,513
    https://hoopshype.com/2018/10/25/nba...max-contracts/

would you pay KD more than you would Kawhi?

Comment

• wtf
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        Nick's understandably taking a lot of flack for the timeout he took.

One thing on my brain that I haven't seen exactly articulated ... we've been taking care of Kawhi's health literally every possible step of the way this year. On one hand, that timeout 100% fucked our momentum and swung the game. On the other hand, to see KD go down and to know that Kawhi is definitely not 100 and then coming up to what could be the final, leave it all on the line push for victory, I hold some forgiveness for NN looking to get Kawhi a breather. You can say we let Curry and Klay catch their breath and roast us, and that's the truth, but better that than to have Kawhi pull up lame and end his season the way Durant ended his. Sure, it's an outlier of a situation that that would've happened, but I imagine on some even unconscious level, that was Nick's thinking. Not excusing it, just saying, not gonna crucify him. And we still have two more opportunities to deliver. I'm ok with kid gloves right to the finish line if it a) brings us a championship and b) convinces Kawhi that, unlike some other franchises, management and the coaching staff 100% has their players health and best interests in mind.
        I hear what you're saying GB, but imo you don't "give the guy a breather" when he's on a personal tear swinging the momentum in your favour on a championship game. Just my take. Let the other team call a time out. Kawhi was in rhythm, physically and mentally ready to seize the moment. That's quite different from KD who dropped from a parachute in the finals without having played for a month.

That said, like someone mentioned earlier, that's actually not too big of blunder because the Warriors, seeing the momentum swing, were about to call a time out on the next possession anyway. What's a much bigger blunder to me is why we did not call timeout with 15 secs to give the team a high % ATO play to win the championship. I think Nick knows that though, and dwelling on it is pointless.

I feel the next game they will play a very responsible road game, with low turnovers, not allowing big GS runs, valuing every possession and will close it out.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Not trying to be glib S.R., but why is that clear? How do you know he wasn't told approximately that and just still wanted to play? I'd imagine the staff entirely would've informed him of the level of risk he might be taking. You think they just said, "Yup, you're good, have at 'er!" ... ?
          Yeah it is just an assumption that if the initial injury increased his risk at all to pop an Achilles, I don't think he would have tried coming back. It doesn't make sense for anybody, not him or the team.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• From Chuck:
            "Yes there is somebody to blame — the Golden State Warriors for putting KD out there," Barkley said. "Listen, that was not right.

"If you go back and look at the last two weeks, the article comes out (saying), 'KD's worst nightmare: the Warriors winning without him.' Then you come out and read another article (saying), 'the Warriors are really not happy KD won't risk his Achilles, they're frustrated with KD.' Now this man has to be feeling some type of way. ...They shouldn't have put that man out there."
            "I don't think you can ever leave it up to a player," Barkley said. "Players always want to play. I think if you ask any rational (former) player, to put a guy who hasn't played basketball in over a month into Game 5 of the Finals, and have some type of movement around the day before, I don't think that's fair to (Durant). You saw the result. It's Game 5 of World championship. He hasn't played real basketball in over a month. That's unfair to put him in that situation. The proof is in the pudding."
            https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ry/1421485001/

Comment

• Sounds like Durant had his mind made up last week:
              Last week, Durant responded to rumors that opposing teams have been plotting ways to sell him on joining them in free agency by telling Yahoo Sports, "I can't be recruited. Write that." (Chris Haynes, Yahoo Sports)
              https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/11/nb...nicks-warriors

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Sounds like Durant had his mind made up last week:

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/11/nb...nicks-warriors
                People who say "write that down" are douchey

KD still douchey confirmed
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Comment

I'm guessing his position on recruitment has changed post injury ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I'm guessing his position on recruitment has changed post injury ...
                      doubt it. Any of these teams that were going to offer him the max will still do it, injury or not. They're all desperate for a star.

Comment

• It doesn't sound too promising for KD....

As Kevin Durant waits for the worst, here’s how NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL players returned from torn Achilles

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...n5i-story.html

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          It doesn't sound too promising for KD....

As Kevin Durant waits for the worst, here’s how NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL players returned from torn Achilles

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...n5i-story.html
                          To me, there's little question that his fast twitch reflexes and explosiveness off the bounce will be compromised. Age is a factor.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

To me, there's little question that his fast twitch reflexes and explosiveness off the bounce will be compromised. Age is a factor.
                            KDs game will age well. He can lose explosiveness and still be a top 10 player into his mid 30s.

But yeah, I doubt we see another MVP season. You don't wanna see it by injury, but the crown of Best Player Alive is Kawhis to grab for a couple years here
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KD is going to be a different player. But i think he's gonna basically be Dirk Nowitzki so he'll be OK in the end.

Comment

KDs game will age well. He can lose explosiveness and still be a top 10 player into his mid 30s.

But yeah, I doubt we see another MVP season. You don't wanna see it by injury, but the crown of Best Player Alive is Kawhis to grab for a couple years here
                                It'll be a battle between Kawhi and Giannis in the East. Currently Kawhi has the upper hand, but Giannis is young and hungry. Giannis is going to get the regular season numbers. Kawhi won't. Kawhi doesn't give a shit about the regular season. And so we can only really judge during the playoffs. Giannis may be screwed since a good chunk of the Bucks won't be back next year.. Kawhi should have the same team next year.

As for KD.. he's still like 7 feet tall.. can play like a guard and can shoot like the best of them. Yet has an old man game. He's not going to be explosive, but he's usually not anyway. He's at his best when he's drilling long range shots in players faces. It's his defense that I'd be worried about. He might have to learn from Lebron and just coast a lot on defense to keep him agile enough on the offensive side.

Comment

Working...
                                X