Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    The problem with the East is you have a few good teams and everyone else is just so far away from being remotely competitive. In the West you have the clear contenders and then a solid group of good teams like Portland, Denver etc. before you fall off a cliff in terms of competitive teams.
    Idk man, aside from GSW being as tep above everyone, this is the most parity I can remember in a while. The top 5 in the east are all legit good, definitely not as deep as the west, but id argue the top 4 or 5 teams in the east are better than the top western teams.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Idk man, aside from GSW being as tep above everyone, this is the most parity I can remember in a while. The top 5 in the east are all legit good, definitely not as deep as the west, but id argue the top 4 or 5 teams in the east are better than the top western teams.
      Top 3 teams in the east are deep as the west contenders (aside of GSW), every team has at least 2 solid stars and a very deep bench (except of Philly, but they have 3 stars to compensate that).
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• You have to like this trade for both teams.

Minny...gets addition by subtraction. Ending that toxic circus sideshow environment with JimmyB as the head ringmaster is a big plus for the Wolves. He didn’t want to be there and the players didn’t want him there either. Minny adds some defensive sandpaper in Saric and Covington who won’t be screaming at Towns and Wiggins..and those two fit the age timelines for a once again pretty young core. They also unloaded some salary..but got back Jeryd Suitcase Bayless. I think Minny did a lot better than what Houston offered.

Philly..gets a star player albeit on his 3rd team in 3 years. Says a little about Jimmy too. Butler gives them a player to close out games along with Embiid and a plus defender on the wing either at the SF or SG slot. Jimmy is going to play hard for his contract so you’d expect solid production. Philly still needs outside shooting but GM Elton Brands first deal is a good one. Surprised that Philly gave up both Covington and Saric.

The Easts top 5 teams are now as good as if not better than the Wests in aggregate.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• So... the Butler era ends in Minny.....

Effectively they traded Lavine / Dunn / Maarkanen for Saric / Covington and 2nd round pick.

They lost a year... but Minny doesn't look like they got taken to the cleaners... actually they look pretty good on this .. save for Markaanen.
          - TGO

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            Top 3 teams in the east are deep as the west contenders (aside of GSW), every team has at least 2 solid stars and a very deep bench (except of Philly, but they have 3 stars to compensate that).
            When i said deep i meant the conference. After 5 or 6 teams the.east is pretty bad. Sorry for confusion

Comment

• Its been a tougher start than anticipated in Houston and in Chowdertown.
              Yes its still early... but the thing of it all is ....that early games count too.

Houston has a real test tonight at home with the Pacers. Butler is now off the table and Daryl Morey must be loading up on Zantac. A loss tonight and the Rockets add another stair to climb to get into the top 4 in the West. Sure theres time. But thats a lot of stairs and on tap next week are Denver and the Warriors. Staring at 4 and 10 ....maybe Daryl needs a couple of bottles of Zantac.

The Bucks after an overtime grinder in LA against the Clips get to play again tonight. At Altitude. In Denver. Who have been waiting. At least the early season road trip from hell will be over.

The Chowders are also winding up a not so glorious western roadie. A pretty pedestrian 1 and 3 the Celtics venture into the Moda Centre against a pretty good Blazers team. Portlands had a couple days off and Boston is limping in from Gords glorious return to Utah. A loss here and while its now barely audible trade talk is bound to get a little louder at the TD Garden.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Nov 11, 2018, 07:13 PM.
              - TGO

Comment

• A quick look at how the same event (the Hinkies trade for Jimmy B) can draw two different conclusions.....

Heres one view from the sedate and measured Stephen A. Smith. You can trust Smith to avoid a jerk "ready fire aim" type of hot take analysis.

Heres one that says Philly might have made a "Plan B" kind of move given their 8 and 6 start. Butler is indeed an NBA MSM star but are his best days behind him ? The article says maybe. Is adding another ball needy player going to take away touches from Simmons and the King of Twitter and have the potential to cause a litlte friction ? The article says maybe. Did Philly address their biggest need for 3 point shooting prowess ? Well no.. They actually gave up two of their 3 ball attack players in Saric and Covington (apparently important in the modern game). They might.. well they did.. actually regress in this aspect of the game. This has the potential to mirror another star players trade request (Olidipo and Sabonis trade for Paul George).

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...st-problem-nba

Lets give it till Christmas to see how this shakes out and if it gives Philly the boost they expect.I think Minnesota did a whole lot better than they are getting credit for right now.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Nov 12, 2018, 11:28 AM.
                - TGO

Comment

• I just want to say thank you to Minny for giving us LaVine and Markkanen.

LaVine is lookin like an all star this year and Markkanen i think has all the potential to be a future all star.

Remember all the flak that the Bulls got after that trade? lmao.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                    I just want to say thank you to Minny for giving us LaVine and Markkanen.

LaVine is lookin like an all star this year and Markkanen i think has all the potential to be a future all star.

I'm kind of disappointed Minny didn't keep that team together because they would have been a lot of fun to watch now.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• And I thought Colangelo left the 76ers?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

And I thought Colangelo left the 76ers?
                        Please do this Philly.

Signed,
                        A Raptors Fan
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

And I thought Colangelo left the 76ers?
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                            I just want to say thank you to Minny for giving us LaVine and Markkanen.

... "us"?

From where I sit, that's a "you", not an "us".

I mean, I have other teams I beyond my #1, but they've historically been in the other conference. San Antonio was one of my other teams historically before they made a hash of everything last year, although they are coming back into favor by finding away to play winning basketball in the west with a theoretically mismatched core and a bunch of spare parts (not to mention their early-season point guard woes). Sacramento is also catching my eye with their youthful energy, high entertainment value, and hanging in there in playoff contention with out the star power of the other teams in their division.

But my number one team has been and still is the Raptors - and *especially* so this year where the team is playing flat-out winning (and generally beautiful) basketball, with Siakam and Anunoby emerging, Ibaka playing up to his contract, and Nurse emerging as a bona fide NBA head coach right before our eyes. If there was ever a year to be all-in on the Raptors, it's this year.

Don't get me wrong - you're certainly entitled to be a fan of the Bulls if you want to be. And I salute you for hanging tough as management and coaching have made a hash of things over the past few years. But you should expect the rest of us to continue to smile knowingly and shake our heads when you bring that fandom here, especially since you've fair-weathered back to that Bulls fandom once or twice in recent memory when you were sufficiently disgusted with whatever you felt was wrong with the Raptors at the time.
                            Last edited by TheWaterboy; Mon Nov 12, 2018, 12:30 PM. Reason: I can't grammar today

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                              ... "us"?

From where I sit, that's a "you", not an "us".

I mean, I have other teams I beyond my #1, but they've historically been in the other conference. San Antonio was one of my other teams historically before they made a hash of everything last year, although they are coming back into favor by finding away to play winning basketball in the west with a theoretically mismatched core and a bunch of spare parts (not to mention their early-season point guard woes). Sacramento is also catching my eye with their youthful energy, high entertainment value, and hanging in there in playoff contention with out the star power of the other teams in their division.

But my number one team has been and still is the Raptors - and *especially* so this year where the team is playing flat-out winning (and generally beautiful) basketball, with Siakam and Anunoby emerging, Ibaka playing up to his contract, and Nurse emerging as a bona fide NBA head coach right before our eyes. If there was ever a year to be all-in on the Raptors, it's this year.

Don't get me wrong - you're certainly entitled to be a fan of the Bulls if you want to be. And I salute you for hanging tough as management and coaching have made a hash of things over the past few years. But you should expect the rest of us to continue to smile knowingly and shake our heads when you bring that fandom here, especially since you've fair-weathered back to that Bulls fandom once or twice in recent memory when you were sufficiently disgusted with whatever you felt was wrong with the Raptors at the time.
                              T Rex is Kevin Durant of RR. Switches ride the minute the road gets bumpy
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                T Rex is Kevin Durant of RR. Switches ride the minute the road gets bumpy
                                Everytime someone mention me, you just knew this dude would say something lol *rolls eyes*
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X