Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Much has been made of the Raps upcoming 12 game stretch....They get one back to back on the west coast swing.
    Below is who they get...

I think the Raps go a very respectable 9 and 3.

@Memphis

vs GSW

@Cleveland

vsDenver

vsPhiladelphia

@Brooklyn

vs Milwaukee

@LA Clppers

@Golden State

@Portland

@Denver

Vs Indiana
    Id be happy with a 8 and 4 record. Gotta think the game in GS is a loss and drop another one on that 4 game trip. One of those denver and phila at home ends up a loss and one more random one maybe vs indy. i could see us getting anywhere from 10-7 wins
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      Id be happy with a 8 and 4 record. Gotta think the game in GS is a loss and drop another one on that 4 game trip. One of those denver and phila at home ends up a loss and one more random one maybe vs indy. i could see us getting anywhere from 10-7 wins
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

Ouch.... But, seriously, they are going to need to move Hayward to the bench. They also have a pretty easy schedule coming up so they should be able to get healthy beating up on some of those teams.

Comment

• The Wizards folded up badly again tonight. And as most have speculated because Dwight Howard has been such an asshole for so long he is having to undergo surgery in of all places ...his ass.... to fix things up. Karma.

The only thing that could put a bow on this dog with fleas would be if Ernie Grundfeld makes a move to sign JR Smith.

Stick a fork in em... They're done.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Dec 1, 2018, 01:13 AM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Almost a third of the way into the season and the top half of the East looks a bit different than what the Nostradomus's in the MSM NBA media predicted.

The Raps have built a 4 game spread to lead the pack. There is a degree of separation underway. Not many in Bristol or LA saw that coming. Woj and Marks thought the Raps would do what their doing. The showbiz and marketing guys missed.

The Bucks after a fantastic 7 and 0 start ..are a game over 500 in their last 15. Giannas is still what we expected. A one man wrecking crew. However the Alphabet still has no jump shot and the early season versions of Middelton and Brogdon are leveling off to the mean ...the Bud-Bucks are a good .. just not a contending team.

The Hinkies....The Process is no more. Philly has moved to win now mode. Moving Saric and Covington has cost them their depth and whatever 3 point shooting they had beyond Reddick but they got a late game closer back Butler. GM Elton Brand still has to add some more help at the arc. Korver is out of play but with the Spurs struggling and looking like they miss the playoffs could Belly make it back to Philly at the trade deadline ? Get some help and Philly is a threat. If they miss out.. they prolly aren't

The Pacers....Olidipo the straw that stirs the drink in Indy has a knee injury. How severe and how long is still unclear. Woj says he will be back shortly.. the team press releases say indefinitely. So its not clear. However the DS report can say without him the Pacers are not a homecourt for the playoffs team. With him the ceiling is 4th.

The Chowders.....Seem to be slowly coming around. Hayward had a 30 point game last night. Which is both good and bad. It exacerbates that Trader Danny fucked up. To many wings and not enough minutes. Just like buying a third hammer for your toolbox is expensive and redundant so to is having a bunch of really really good players who can't reach their potential with too little playing time. In the less is more mantra the Chowders may be better served moving one of their el primo wings. So watch for the the Anthony Davis to Boston stuff to start up. This corner of the world sees Chowder town slugging it out for second with Philly. I think the wind up 3rd.

The Pistons....are they the little engine that could ? Dwane Casey has taken lineups with less talent further than what he has to work with in Motown. The Pistons follow the NBA and Casey mantra. Beating who they are supposed to and taking games from teams above them in sufficient regularity to make them a threat for homecourt. Its betwen them and the Pacers and the Bucks for 4th.

There is still a full two thirds of the season to go.. but a minor rejigging of my original August forecast sees...

1. Raps
              2. Hinkies
              3. Chowders
              4. Bucks.
              5. Pacers
              6. Pistons

Cannon Fodder for 7 and 8 is still in flux... but should be two of the Hornets/Magic /Whiz/Nets and the Heat.I will take the Magic and the Nets.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 2, 2018, 01:20 PM.
              - TGO

Comment

• With the overall quality of our team and what I feel is Nurse's penchant for trying to win every game (should be obvious but Casey wasn't like that) I too feel that the Raptors will take first easily. Currently Philly seems like the biggest threat; I'm looking forward to the game this week to see how that looks. Down the road though I do worry more that Boston will make a big trade and create a more balanced lineup. Irving and Tatum for Davis and Holiday. Or something like that I feel like the key will be getting rid of Irving. I see him like an Iverson or a Carmelo; really great player (well maybe not Carmelo) who doesn't make his team better. The Bucks will win or lose depending on how the 3-ball is dropping for them and their opponent. Giannis will win them some games by himself. I agree with D Shift that they are good but not a contender.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  3 games in the loss column separating 1st from 13th in the West. Pretty cool stuff.... at least until Curry gets back.
                  The West is going to be great to watch all year long eh ?

So today... with pretty close to 30% of the season done and in the books..... there are 4 games separating 4th from 14th in the West. Other than Phoenix ANYONE can get in... How great is that.
                  - TGO

Comment

The West is going to be great to watch all year long eh ?

So today... with pretty close to 30% of the season done and in the books..... there are 4 games separating 4th from 14th in the West. Other than Phoenix ANYONE can get in... How great is that.
                    Western Conference be like......

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Western Conference be like......

I like the fact we've seen swapping out curry for Durant turns a powerhouse into a middle of the pack group

Debate over.

Comment

• So amid the cries and sentiment from a loss to Denver which include but are not limited to

1. Trade em all those worthless fucks
                        2. That Lowry and VanVleet both suck and should be drawn and quartered at Nathan Phillips square at noon .. and
                        3. Just general GLF level paranoia that we are doomed after winning 8 in a row...

Perhaps a touch of perspective. Les Raptors still sit atop the Conference at a fairly respectable 20 and 5.

The Raps lost one last night because they didn't make their 3's and Denver did. 40% vs 26%. In a make or miss league that happens. The other thing.. and its the Raps only flaw .. defensive rebounding... bit them in the ass hard again last night.
                        Those two things are fixable.

The other common complaint on the board was that we got hosed badly by the zebras. In the NBA you hear this every night from every city. Why ? Well the NBA refs get the black and white calls right at as high a level as the other leagues.. but the grey area calls or no calls.. which change the course of the game ... well they went against the Raps last night. There is no fix for that other than to trust that the laws of probability over the course of the season that games where the refs favour the Raps equalize with the games that don';t.

So with a day to scheme for Philly look for a Raps rebound (no pun intended).

Denver is only going to get better... They lost Harris early and still await the return of the microwave Ishiah Thomas and another instant offence guy in Will Barton. We may have seen the NBA finals preview last night.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Dec 4, 2018, 11:04 AM.
                        - TGO

Comment

We may have seen the NBA finals preview last night.
                          Theres no way Denver would beat a healthy golden state in 7...I dont even think they'd beat lebron.

Denver and memphis are the same story every year. And Toronto before the Kawhi trade. Great regular season teams, but lack that "it" guy to make real noise in the playoffs. Jokic is a star but no superstar. That game he played last night you get once every week or 2

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Theres no way Denver would beat a healthy golden state in 7...I dont even think they'd beat lebron.

Denver and memphis are the same story every year. And Toronto before the Kawhi trade. Great regular season teams, but lack that "it" guy to make real noise in the playoffs. Jokic is a star but no superstar. That game he played last night you get once every week or 2
                            Memphis at least has playoff tested veterans leading the charge. The Nuggets are the West's 76ers. Still learning the ropes.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Never say never Keon... Thats a pretty good team we saw last night. They have been on the outside with their noses pressed against the glass for the last 3 seasons for the post season. Whats changed ?

First is they play defense...right up in your grill..
                              Jokic is a threat inside and out and as the raps found out up close and personal... the guy can pass the ball for easy scores.
                              Jamal Murray and Gary Harris are top tier guards.
                              And ... without moving a pick or a player... more help is on the way from the IR.

Could they beat GSW in a 7 gamer ? Its why you play the games.
                              - TGO

Comment

Never say never Keon... Thats a pretty good team we saw last night. They have been on the outside with their noses pressed against the glass for the last 3 seasons for the post season. Whats changed ?

First is they play defense...right up in your grill..
                                Jokic is a threat inside and out and as the raps found out up close and personal... the guy can pass the ball for easy scores.
                                Jamal Murray and Gary Harris are top tier guards.
                                And ... without moving a pick or a player... more help is on the way from the IR.

Could they beat GSW in a 7 gamer ? Its why you play the games.
                                Nah. Not to discredit the Nuggets, but the Raps lost that game last night. Nuggets turned the ball over a ton in the first half and missed shots.... and the Raps just played casual and copied what they were doing. There wasn't anything special they were doing to stop us getting great looks and extra chances. If the good guys had come out even semi-focussed, this would have been over in the first half, even with Lowry and FVV taking the night off, in spirit. Let's not even get into the bizarre reffing.

I'm also not sold on the having a defensive liability at both the PG (Murray) and C (Jokic) spots in the playoffs. Seems like a bit of fool's gold potential there to get them to a top 5 defense. Sure, Denver has some found some nice nuggets being coached up right now, but that ceiling doesn't look NBA Finals high, at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X