Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Never say never Keon... Thats a pretty good team we saw last night. They have been on the outside with their noses pressed against the glass for the last 3 seasons for the post season. Whats changed ?

    First is they play defense...right up in your grill..
    Jokic is a threat inside and out and as the raps found out up close and personal... the guy can pass the ball for easy scores.
    Jamal Murray and Gary Harris are top tier guards.
    And ... without moving a pick or a player... more help is on the way from the IR.

    Could they beat GSW in a 7 gamer ? Its why you play the games.
    I just go off what I see and I see it every year.

    Denver is a cool team, and theyll be in the mini tournament battle royale with the Utah's and the Portland and the Memphises, but they're all just lining up like lambs to slaughter for golden state.

    If curry and green are healthy it just is what it is. You can deny it, you can run from it, but its inevitable. The warriors come for us all.
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post
      Nah. Not to discredit the Nuggets, but the Raps lost that game last night. Nuggets turned the ball over a ton in the first half and missed shots.... and the Raps just played casual and copied what they were doing. There wasn't anything special they were doing to stop us getting great looks and extra chances. If the good guys had come out even semi-focussed, this would have been over in the first half, even with Lowry and FVV taking the night off, in spirit. Let's not even get into the bizarre reffing.

      I'm also not sold on the having a defensive liability at both the PG (Murray) and C (Jokic) spots in the playoffs. Seems like a bit of fool's gold potential there to get them to a top 5 defense. Sure, Denver has some found some nice nuggets being coached up right now, but that ceiling doesn't look NBA Finals high, at all.
      Yeah.. that 3 for 21 from 3 in the first half likley had something to do with it.... and what kicked this off .. the 25th game in a row that the Raps have shown they are not a good rebounding team bit them in the ass hard ....

      I like the Nuggets chances more than you ...but thats the essence of sports....

      Comment


      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I just go off what I see and I see it every year.

        Denver is a cool team, and theyll be in the mini tournament battle royale with the Utah's and the Portland and the Memphises, but they're all just lining up like lambs to slaughter for golden state.

        If curry and green are healthy it just is what it is. You can deny it, you can run from it, but its inevitable. The warriors come for us all.
        For sure you will certainly get the worst odds if you plunk down your dough on the Warriors to come out of the west.... but if they stumble.... I like the Nugs and the Thunder as the teams that trip them up.

        Comment


        • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Much has been made of the Raps upcoming 12 game stretch....They get one back to back on the west coast swing.
          Below is who they get...

          I think the Raps go a very respectable 9 and 3.



          @Memphis

          vs GSW

          @Cleveland

          vsDenver

          vsPhiladelphia

          @Brooklyn

          vs Milwaukee

          @LA Clppers

          @Golden State

          @Portland

          @Denver

          Vs Indiana
          I don't see it. They're just not as elite as the record suggests imo unless some of the role players step up on given nights. I think 7 and 5, maybe 8 and 4 and fans will still be dropping off the bandwagon since below .800 is not acceptable

          Comment


          • G__Deane wrote: View Post
            I don't see it. They're just not as elite as the record suggests imo unless some of the role players step up on given nights. I think 7 and 5, maybe 8 and 4 and fans will still be dropping off the bandwagon since below .800 is not acceptable
            To date.. they are 3 and 1...
            I believe before they board the plane for the road trip from hell.. they will be 6 and 1.

            Regardless of outcome during this stretch... its a fantastic stretch of competitive teams and games instead of watching them gut and clean teams like Atlanta....

            Comment


            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I just go off what I see and I see it every year.

              Denver is a cool team, and theyll be in the mini tournament battle royale with the Utah's and the Portland and the Memphises, but they're all just lining up like lambs to slaughter for golden state.

              If curry and green are healthy it just is what it is. You can deny it, you can run from it, but its inevitable. The warriors come for us all.
              Yeah, we'll see. If Chris Paul doesn't get hurt last year we're talking about either James Harden's first championship or Lebron's crowning achievement: winning the title with the worst supporting cast ever assembled.

              Comment


              • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                I don't see it. They're just not as elite as the record suggests imo unless some of the role players step up on given nights. I think 7 and 5, maybe 8 and 4 and fans will still be dropping off the bandwagon since below .800 is not acceptable
                I just dont get this self righteous kind of posts that everytime a poster would criticize the team, you are always there to call them out. Give me a break.

                Comment


                • slaw wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, we'll see. If Chris Paul doesn't get hurt last year we're talking about either James Harden's first championship or Lebron's crowning achievement: winning the title with the worst supporting cast ever assembled.
                  Theoretically speaking. I disagree that Houston would have won
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Theoretically speaking. I disagree that Houston would have won
                    I think they could have. I think the bigger what if is Houston shooting even an average percentage from 3 in Game 7 instead of watching the brickfest that happened.

                    Either way that series was there for the taking and they had a shot at it. It wasn't an inevitability or a walkover for Golden State. Unfortunately I just don't think there's anyone as good as Houston this year, including this Raptors team. So it'll probably have to be Golden State stepping down, or no series will go more than 6.
                    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

                    Comment


                    • Don't forget.. the Warriors now have DeMarcus Cousins. And he's almost back.

                      Comment


                      • planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Don't forget.. the Warriors now have DeMarcus Cousins. And he's almost back.
                        If anything I'm interested to see if it does more harm than good. I believe the Warriors with a HEALTHY Curry and his 3 friends are basically unbeatable. Cousins just takes shots away from them, plays lazy defense, and over dribbles. Now, don't get me wrong, he's an amazing talent..but I don't see how they can be much BETTER.

                        Add in the fact that he's a moody bitch adding to the wonderful not toxic at all personalities of KD and Green, and I'm kind of GLAD they made this move tbh
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          If anything I'm interested to see if it does more harm than good. I believe the Warriors with a HEALTHY Curry and his 3 friends are basically unbeatable. Cousins just takes shots away from them, plays lazy defense, and over dribbles. Now, don't get me wrong, he's an amazing talent..but I don't see how they can be much BETTER.

                          Add in the fact that he's a moody bitch adding to the wonderful not toxic at all personalities of KD and Green, and I'm kind of GLAD they made this move tbh
                          I think all 29 other teams are hoping the Cousins situation in GSW turns out like Melo in Houston. Will definitely be interesting.

                          Comment


                          • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            I just dont get this self righteous kind of posts that everytime a poster would criticize the team, you are always there to call them out. Give me a break.
                            You seem to not like when others have opinions on a fan chat site plus an unhealthy infatuation with me. I would guess that not a single other person would see my comment you quoted above as "calling someone out" lol

                            Troll someone else for a while ok?

                            Comment


                            • As the Raps cruise into NYC and the borough of Brooklyn as the Kings of the NBA Hill so far this season ... a few random observations.

                              Remember the Tank for Wiggins debates... and even if you don't get him.. relax...there are several can't miss transcendent players in this.. the best draft ever ?

                              Wiggins went 1.... Jabari Parker went 2... Embiid went 3....Arron Gordon 4 and Dante Exum went 5th. 1 for 5. Tank at your peril.

                              The perennially shit Phoenix Suns had two picks in the deepest draft ever in the top 20. They scored TJ Warren and Tyler Ennis. This is the worst run franchise in the NBA by light years. They are approaching a decade of consecutive DNQ for the playoffs and are a shoe in for picking in the top 5 yet again for the 10th consecutive year.

                              Maybe tanking is overrated.


                              The Houston Rockets in a span of one year have gone from being one game away from the NBA Finals and at least a 50/50 chance to win it all if they got there... to being on life support this year. They got dusted last night in Utah by a 500 Jazz team and they had Chris Paul.. The Beard and Clint Capella in the lineup.

                              The Sacramento Kings are not the butt of jokes or the doormats of the league anymore. No pick this year but they have boodles of cap space to sign.. not a mega star.. but a couple of more guys to bolster a young lineup. The Kings of Comedy no more will prolly make the playoffs next year.. hell .. they might even make it this year.

                              Danny Aigne has built a team that has too many guys who do the same thing. Jaylen Brown, Gord Hayward, Jayson Tatum are all very good players without enough minutes to make use of their talents. Boston is capped out and has pretty much spent all their draft choice assets. It might get uncomfortable in Chowdertown. if the flat earther starts to talk about going home to NewYork/NewJersey.

                              The Spurs and Demar are brutal. After a two decade run as the model franchise in the NBA the Spurs are about to enter into purgatory and the lottery for a while. I hope DD gets a trade out to a better situation at the deadline.

                              The Heat are about to tank. They got nuthin. An aging Dragic is a step slower and Hassan Whiteside contract is as big an albatross as you can imagine, the unbelievable 3 year deal for Tyler Johnson and the alms paid to Dwayne Wade has hooped Miami. The god father .. Pat Reilly... has a task in front of him that requires a trip to Lourdes.

                              The Knicks are going to be relevant next year by doing non Knicks things like being patient with their roster and their cap space. The Zinger and Knox up front... a decent PG combo in Mudiay (who has been undergoing a renaissance with Fizdale) and Ntilianka and adding another lotttery pick will be make the laugh a minute Knicks relevant again.Watch for the Knicks to make a serious run at one of Irving or Durant.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Dec 7th, 2018, 11:13 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Maybe tanking is overrated.
                                What's crazy is how close to completely whiffing Philly was.

                                Hinkie picks:

                                #1 pick Simmons can't shoot at all, it's still early-ish but he isn't showing anything there yet.

                                #3 pick Jahlil Okafor was a disaster.

                                #3 pick Embiid had 2 surgeries and I think they're lucky it's looking like he's going to be fine instead of following in the footsteps of Greg Oden. (This guy was drafted in 2014 and is just playing his first full season 2018-19.)

                                #11 pick Elfrid Payton lol

                                #11 pick MCW meh

                                And of course Bryan "Could have had Taytum instead we got Fultz" Colangelo added to the dumpster fire.

                                Also, they had 10 first round picks in the last 5 drafts and the team somehow has zero depth.

                                That whole thing hinged on Embiid's health. Without him making it through multiple years of surgeries and health issues, they'd likely still be a lottery team.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X