X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Does anyone miss the playoffs without Lebron ?
    The skill yes...

The drama no....

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I want both of tonight's series to be tied so I feel better about our loss
    I can't wait for Thursday so I feel better about our next win

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I want both of tonight's series to be tied so I feel better about our loss

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Lebron, noun

1. A disorder similar to PTSD caused from watching raptor basketball
    when we lose a playoff game I wake up in cold sweats thinking lebron is back

2. With the -to suffix, another name for Toronto in may

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCITXl4v_NI

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

What's a Lebron?
    Lebron, noun

1. A disorder similar to PTSD caused from watching raptor basketball
    when we lose a playoff game I wake up in cold sweats thinking lebron is back

2. With the -to suffix, another name for Toronto in may

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    What's a Lebron?

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Personally, not in the least.... but the NBA and its advertisers do.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    The worst of what we lost in the JV-Gasol trade was all exploited by the Sixers last night: bench scoring, size/length at the PG position, rebounding & scoring at the rim. We're basically a make or miss 3-pt shooting team, with only 2 guys who can score at the rim off the dribble (Kawhi & Pascal) and the i. Sixers used length & help to slow those guys down. 3-pt shooting is inherently high variance, and Philly did an exceptional job getting out on shooters just enough to never let us get into a shooting rhythm.

One thing is clear: we can't have 2 PGs as small as Lowry and FVV on the same roster. FVV has to be replaced by a PG with length. That's the way the league is going, with long PGs like Shai & Derrick White who can defend multiple positions and get to the rim. If you're going to have guy as small as FVV, he has to have a clear quickness advantage or be a dead-eye 3-pt shooter. FVV is a big negative right now and is getting owned by a scrub like James Ennis, simply because of the size and athleticism differential.
    Yes the wave of the future are taller PG's...

- Mitchel in Utah is about 6-3
    - Fox in Sacto is about 6-3
    - Alexander is an aberation at 6-6
    - The top prospect in the draft Morant is 6-3
    - Jrue Holiday .. who might be available .. is 6-4

- Wright was 6-5

Ujiri is just outa trade / draft collateral right now.... but when the oppty arises ... i would be surprised if the backfill PG isn't in the 6-4 range.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

I think what's clear is that they can't be on the floor at the same time in this particular series. You're extrapolating cause you don't like FVV but it's not clear at all that they can't co-exist in the playoffs. Even the narrower point would be debatable if FVV was making threes but he isn't even really looking to shoot.
    FVV is even worse when he's the lone PG. That was established early in the season and has been confirmed multiple times over. The only place you can hide him is at the starting PG spot and Nurse and Lowry would never, ever, ever go there. That said, Nurse could/should try subbing out Lowry and Gasol real early.... at the exact same time Embiid comes out of the game.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

One thing is clear: we can't have 2 PGs as small as Lowry and FVV on the same roster. FVV has to be replaced by a PG with length. That's the way the league is going, with long PGs like Shai & Derrick White who can defend multiple positions and get to the rim. If you're going to have guy as small as FVV, he has to have a clear quickness advantage or be a dead-eye 3-pt shooter. FVV is a big negative right now and is getting owned by a scrub like James Ennis, simply because of the size and athleticism differential.
    I think what's clear is that they can't be on the floor at the same time in this particular series. You're extrapolating cause you don't like FVV but it's not clear at all that they can't co-exist in the playoffs. Even the narrower point would be debatable if FVV was making threes but he isn't even really looking to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    The worst of what we lost in the JV-Gasol trade was all exploited by the Sixers last night: bench scoring, size/length at the PG position, rebounding & scoring at the rim. We're basically a make or miss 3-pt shooting team, with only 2 guys who can score at the rim off the dribble (Kawhi & Pascal) and the i. Sixers used length & help to slow those guys down. 3-pt shooting is inherently high variance, and Philly did an exceptional job getting out on shooters just enough to never let us get into a shooting rhythm.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

I was baffled by some of Nurse's decisions last night but in retrospect, none were surprising. They'd won 5 in a row and were rolling - if it ain't broke, don't break it. Now, after the loss, we'll see some more material changes I would think.

As for the players, Gasol has to be more of a threat to score. I know, I know, that's not his role, blah, blah, blah.... but he was mostly a bystander as Philly clamped down on the rest of the front line. In that case, he has to look to be more of a threat and more than a passer. As for Green, he needs to make shots. The bench was putrid. Nurse needs to find better match ups for Ibaka. As for FVV, he's been completely ineffective against Philly. Would be nice to have Lin but he's been so bad I don't think they can risk putting him out there...
    On the bright side, Green and Gasol are 2 players I have the utmost confidence in for getting back on track. Sixers know Gasol always look for the next pass so they are predicting that. Gasol has to be ready to shoot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X