Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "He will undergo treatment...including load management"

Lol just say he'll try and rest it! NBA Twitter lingo makes people forget how to speak normally
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If we had to face either celtics or sixers 2nd round tho i would take phila and and let bucks and celtics battle it out on the other side
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Orlando and Washington aren't exactly dominant teams...

No game is a coin toss against the Cavs and Hawks, obviously.
        Orlando isn't dominant or even good on a regular enough basis, but they have beaten Boston and the Lakers( w/Lebron) both home and away, road wins vs the Spurs and Bucks, home wins vs Raptors, Philly, Houston, Indy and a Mexico City win vs Utah.

Neither here nor there, but interesting.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Orlando isn't dominant or even good on a regular enough basis, but they have beaten Boston and the Lakers( w/Lebron) both home and away, road wins vs the Spurs and Bucks, home wins vs Raptors, Philly, Houston, Indy and a Mexico City win vs Utah.

Neither here nor there, but interesting.
          Orlando is another coin toss team. Meaning you can't predict who they'll win or lose to with any consistency, which is what I'm saying about the Bucks sans Giannis - they could lose games you wouldn't think they would lose, but they could also win games (like they did against us) you wouldn't think they should win.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

The best case is the we keep second seed and pacers find a way to stay were they are in the standings. I know everyone expects pacers to fall but i'm not to sure they play hard and have good coaching. wes matthews will be able to go into oladipos role. If Joel's embiid knees cause him to sit some games down the strech that could take some wins away from them. As for the celtics they have looked good then looked bad for streches. they also playoff seasoned so will most likely rest guys down the final weeks of the season. Pacers are gonna be looking to avoid the 4-5 seed at all cost. I dont think its unbelievable to think they can hold on. If bucks, celtics, sixers are on the opposite side of our bracket we should absolutey take that scenario even if it mean no home court if the bucks make the ECF
            Furkan Korkmaz has a torn meniscus apparently as well. I don't know how much time he gets, but Philly's issue was always depth. So that one could hurt.

Indiana is only 1 game up on both.. I know they play hard, but it's tough to see them beat out both Philly and Boston (especially Boston).

I can see it go like this:

Milwaukee
            Toronto
            Boston
            Philly
            Indiana

... and potentially play Boston in the 2nd round.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Orlando is another coin toss team. Meaning you can't predict who they'll win or lose to with any consistency, which is what I'm saying about the Bucks sans Giannis - they could lose games you wouldn't think they would lose, but they could also win games (like they did against us) you wouldn't think they should win.
              Yeah, don't think it's a good idea for the Bucks to rest Giannis vs Orlando or the Wiz, but there are games he could rest and the Bucks would still be heavy favourites.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

The best case is the we keep second seed and pacers find a way to stay were they are in the standings. I know everyone expects pacers to fall but i'm not to sure they play hard and have good coaching. wes matthews will be able to go into oladipos role. If Joel's embiid knees cause him to sit some games down the strech that could take some wins away from them. As for the celtics they have looked good then looked bad for streches. they also playoff seasoned so will most likely rest guys down the final weeks of the season. Pacers are gonna be looking to avoid the 4-5 seed at all cost. I dont think its unbelievable to think they can hold on. If bucks, celtics, sixers are on the opposite side of our bracket we should absolutey take that scenario even if it mean no home court if the bucks make the ECF
                The best case for the other top seeds in the East is to avoid the Raptors.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  "He will undergo treatment...including load management"

Lol just say he'll try and rest it! NBA Twitter lingo makes people forget how to speak normally
                  Load management used to be a bran muffin and coffee .... works for me

Comment

S.I. jinx getting right to work.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, don't think it's a good idea for the Bucks to rest Giannis vs Orlando or the Wiz, but there are games he could rest and the Bucks would still be heavy favourites.
                      Orlando beat the Bucks in Brew Town handily a couple weeks ago...

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                        Orlando beat the Bucks in Brew Town handily a couple weeks ago...
                        Yeah magic are on a 5 game win streak with average margin of victory 20.8 pts..they're on fire right now, we'll see if the all star break slowed it down..they play us on Sunday
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Yeah magic are on a 5 game win streak with average margin of victory 20.8 pts..they're on fire right now, we'll see if the all star break slowed it down..they play us on Sunday
                          Plus Ross may have had the dunk of the year, best year for them since Howard left.

Comment

• Celtics/Bucks tonight? Who are you guys cheering for? I guess either outcome is fine by me. Bucks lose and we are closer to that first seed. Celtics lose and we get to laugh because the Celtics lost.

Personally not worried about who we face in what round. Raps are too good an every team in the East should be trying to avoid us. But I like the idea of a Raptors/Celtics second round series. Just from how fun it could be. Celtics also really suck on the road, so that can help. However to minimize angst from the fan base, we'd probably want to try to avoid the Celtics and aim for the first seed so we can hopefully get the winner of the 6ers and Pacers in round 2 instead. Also we could get home court against the Bucks in the 3rd round (assuming they get there).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Celtics/Bucks tonight? Who are you guys cheering for? I guess either outcome is fine by me. Bucks lose and we are closer to that first seed. Celtics lose and we get to laugh because the Celtics lost.

Personally not worried about who we face in what round. Raps are too good an every team in the East should be trying to avoid us. But I like the idea of a Raptors/Celtics second round series. Just from how fun it could be. Celtics also really suck on the road, so that can help. However to minimize angst from the fan base, we'd probably want to try to avoid the Celtics and aim for the first seed so we can hopefully get the winner of the 6ers and Pacers in round 2 instead. Also we could get home court against the Bucks in the 3rd round (assuming they get there).
                              Celtics have really gotten up for some of their big games. If they win this one, the #1 seed in the EC should officially be worried about a potential 2nd round match up with Boston.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Celtics have really gotten up for some of their big games. If they win this one, the #1 seed in the EC should officially be worried about a potential 2nd round match up with Boston.
                                Boston has a pretty tough schedule to end the year.. 6th toughest schedule in the league (according to tankathon).. but with Embiid out a week, I could see the Celtics hanging on to that 3rd seed when its over. Although Philly has the 22nd hardest schedule now in comparison, so maybe not?

I guess its still too early to decide anything. We should probably aim for the first seed and try not to play match up. That can backfire. Better to get home court.

Go Celtics! (puke's in mouth)

Comment

Working...
                                X