Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Celtics/Bucks tonight? Who are you guys cheering for? I guess either outcome is fine by me. Bucks lose and we are closer to that first seed. Celtics lose and we get to laugh because the Celtics lost.

Personally not worried about who we face in what round. Raps are too good an every team in the East should be trying to avoid us. But I like the idea of a Raptors/Celtics second round series. Just from how fun it could be. Celtics also really suck on the road, so that can help. However to minimize angst from the fan base, we'd probably want to try to avoid the Celtics and aim for the first seed so we can hopefully get the winner of the 6ers and Pacers in round 2 instead. Also we could get home court against the Bucks in the 3rd round (assuming they get there).
    Seeing that they both can't lose I guess I go with the Chowderheads as math says it will take either of the Celts or Hinkies going on a 23 and 2 run to catch the Raps... if the Raps put up 16 and 7 record down the stretch. Its a tall order for the Chowders and Hinkies as the Raps have the best SOS in the NBA from here to the end of the season as its liberally sprinkled with the panzer brigade in the east composed of Atlanta.. Knicks.... Bulls and Clevleand.

So being a fan of options..... for me anyway .....it would be better for Toronto if the Bucks slipped out of the gate tonight. It brings the Raps to within one game of Milwaukee in the loss column. You can make up one game with 23 to go. So if the plan is to finish first and have homecourt throughout the playoffs they have a very realistic chance to do so.....If they want to finish second they can take their feet off the gas down the stretch and still stay ahead of Boston and the Hinkies.

Fans love the matchup game... not sure if it matters to the Raps.

But for sure... I am pulling for the Pacers to finish in third just to watch the ESPN Beasts of the East face off in the first round.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Feb 21, 2019, 03:34 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Celtics/Bucks tonight? Who are you guys cheering for? I guess either outcome is fine by me. Bucks lose and we are closer to that first seed. Celtics lose and we get to laugh because the Celtics lost.

Personally not worried about who we face in what round. Raps are too good an every team in the East should be trying to avoid us. But I like the idea of a Raptors/Celtics second round series. Just from how fun it could be. Celtics also really suck on the road, so that can help. However to minimize angst from the fan base, we'd probably want to try to avoid the Celtics and aim for the first seed so we can hopefully get the winner of the 6ers and Pacers in round 2 instead. Also we could get home court against the Bucks in the 3rd round (assuming they get there).
      The correct answer is that you never cheer for the Celtics. Ever. Under no circumstances. As I've posted before, if Satan's minions play the Celtics for control over the world, you cheer for Satan and hope for the best.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        The correct answer is that you never cheer for the Celtics. Ever. Under no circumstances. As I've posted before, if Satan's minions play the Celtics for control over the world, you cheer for Satan and hope for the best.
        Yeah. No.

Need the Celtics to win so we can get the #1 seed.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Yeah. No.

Why are you so abrasive?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            Yeah. No.

Yeah. No. Need the Celtics to lose so that the Celtics lose.

Comment

• From the presumtive MVP...Watched Finding Giannis and it played like a 25 minute MVP infomercial. Seems he has single handily created an economic boom in Milwaukee! US loves the rags to riches narrative and promotion of the American Dream ethos.

Comment

• Great game so far - Celtics and Bucks
                I could never cheer for the Celitics.....never

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Great game so far - Celtics and Bucks
                  I could never cheer for the Celitics.....never
                  kyrie 22 on 9/23 Tatum 17 on 7/13......
                  and kyrie makes comments about young guns to media constantly. it's not hard to see why theirs locker room problems in BOS
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• either lebron has completely given up on this team or he still hurt. he looks like shit out their

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      either lebron has completely given up on this team or he still hurt. he looks like shit out their
                      And yet they won...hmmm...I wonder if the NBA has a vested interest in Lebron being in the playoffs?

Watch for the Lakers to go on a nice little run in this next while. Similiar to 2013, When Kobes Lakers were 37-36 and a couple games out of the 8th seed when they miraculously won a bunch of close games, 8 of their last 9, to get in.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        And yet they won...hmmm...I wonder if the NBA has a vested interest in Lebron being in the playoffs?

Watch for the Lakers to go on a nice little run in this next while. Similiar to 2013, When Kobes Lakers were 37-36 and a couple games out of the 8th seed when they miraculously won a bunch of close games, 8 of their last 9, to get in.

Nah... the NBA doesn't really need Lebron to boost ratings.

LeBron James joining the Los Angeles Lakers has not had a great impact on television ratings for the league.

The three-time NBA champion signed with the Lakers in the offseason, and it’s apparently been downhill for the league since when it comes to TV ratings. (RELATED: LeBron James Signs With The Lakers)

The New York Post reported the following Thursday:

More than halfway through the regular season, NBA ratings have fallen. The real plummet has been on Turner, which started with a LeBron-less opening night and has been playing from behind ever since.

The network is down 22 percent compared to this point last year.

At this point last season, Turner averaged nearly 2 million viewers per game, while this year it is at 1.5 million.

I’m not really sure what the fix here is either because James isn’t leaving the Lakers anytime soon. In fact, it’ll probably be the final team he plays for.

So, the NBA needs to find a solution, and it’s not going to be easy. It’s also incredible that one player switching teams has had such an impact on the league’s TV ratings. Kings influence things and apparently nobody has more influence in the NBA than King James.
                        https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/18/n...ury-declining/

Comment

• NY alone can help boost their ratings. I would really not be surprised at all if Zion gets gifted to the Knicks.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Nah... the NBA doesn't really need Lebron to boost ratings.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/18/n...ury-declining/
                            The NBA very much needs Lebron. Declining regular season ratings means he plays 10 PM your time, and also more and more people watching illegal streams or legal online methods with every passing month
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Its funny too, cause this is the most competitive the east has been in some time, and the west is as tough and deep as ever. From a general basketball standpoint, this is one of the more interesting seasons to be a fan. You'd think ratings would be as good this year as last, but i guess most fans in the east dont want to watch other teams unless LBJ is playing, and the west games are often too late to enjoy. It seems the league really needs the knicks to be relevant now, so we should expect a top pick and a couple of top tier FA signings to boost interest in the east...yayy!!

Comment

• Sixers without Embiid looks quite pedestrian. down 20 at home to Portland right now

Comment

Working...
                                X