• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

OK.. bet accepted...
    Think PM is taking it as well....
    looking good for me and planetmars so far. brooklyn crushing the pistons
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

looking good for me and planetmars so far. brooklyn crushing the pistons
      Undaunted... i am doubling down... two virtual beers..

Bad night all around... had some tix for the leaf game tonight and they got throttled by Tampa...
      tough nite for TO sports fans.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yeah, it's very very rare a team with one bona fide star gets to the finals. Bucks may have the best player in the east, but we have the 2nd best and I feel our depth 2 thru 6 is better and more battle tested
        The issue we have is inconsistency (shooting, turnovers) and the new guys have yet to fit in. Partly coaching, partly players, we have 14 games and the line-up will continue to fluctuate. Our talent level has masked underlying issues that will be exposed by better teams. The Bucks have been playing same style and mostly same personnel since training camp. I'm not so confident.

Comment

• Interesting EC stat over past 5 games. Teams 1 thru 4 are all 2W - 3L. Teams 5 thru 8 are all 4W - 1L.

Comment

• A few random thoughts on a Tuesday morning as the season moves into the final stretch of 15 or so games.

Can the Houston Rockets.. .left for dead by the side of the road in early December... sneak past the Nuggets and possibly catch the Warriors for the first seed in the West ? In early Dec the Rockets were 11-14 and looked like they were porked. Since then they have gone 31 and 9 and sit in third looking to move up the food chanin even further. They get the Warriors at home on Wednesday and can draw within 3 in the loss column with 15 to go.

The Raps lost a meaningless game to the Cavs last night however there was a bright spot. Serge Ibaka sent a not to subtle message that the Raps aren't team meow. A punk ass comment from soon to be China bound Maquis Chriss resulted in Chriss having to change his underwear as Ibaka rag dolled him around in what passes for an NBA fight. Mr. Chriss is very lucky Mr. Ibaka just showed that punch rather than connecting with it.

The Celtics took a schedule loss against the Clippers. They got mauled and gave up 140. Still after a very successful 3 and 1 road trip out West the Chowders trail both the Hinkies and Pacers by 2 games in the loss column with 14 to play. Can they catch the Hinkies.. maybe.. but quite likely not. Indy however is a different story.

The Pacers next 9 games feature home and homes with OKC and Denver, and roadies against he Warriors, Clips Portland and Boston. The Pacers get the hapless Knicks at home to kick off this stretch which will make or break their seeding. A 5 and 4 outcome would be outstanding and keep Indy in the picture for 4th.. and if Embiid needs more time off and the Hinkies scuffle along at .500 maybe. just maybe they can hold on to finish 3rd. Exciting times in Indy.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Mar 12, 2019, 10:40 AM.
            - TGO

Comment

• "The Raps lost a meaningless game to the Cavs last night however there was a bright spot. Serge Ibaka sent a not to subtle message that the Raps aren't team meow. A punk ass comment from soon to be China bound Maquis Chriss resulted in Chriss having to change his underwear as Ibaka rag dolled him around in what passes for an NBA fight. Mr. Chriss is very lucky Mr. Ibaka just showed that punch rather than connecting with it."

Link or quote to support "punk ass comment"? I haven't read a thing and interviews with Gasol and Kyle indicated (bullchit) that they didn't know either.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                "The Raps lost a meaningless game to the Cavs last night however there was a bright spot. Serge Ibaka sent a not to subtle message that the Raps aren't team meow. A punk ass comment from soon to be China bound Maquis Chriss resulted in Chriss having to change his underwear as Ibaka rag dolled him around in what passes for an NBA fight. Mr. Chriss is very lucky Mr. Ibaka just showed that punch rather than connecting with it."

Link or quote to support "punk ass comment"? I haven't read a thing and interviews with Gasol and Kyle indicated (bullchit) that they didn't know either.

Joe Vardon: Serge Ibaka left the visiting locker room in Cleveland before speaking with reporters. Through a spokesman, he confirmed he was reacting to something Chriss said to him while he was lying on his back

10 hours ago – via Twitter joevardon

Joe Vardon writes for the Athletic. He is out of Cleveland...Its a post game tweet as the teams head to the bus for the airport in a hurry so take it for what it is... but he is an accredited journo. This was the second time Chriss and Ibaka collided hard. Serge went down both times. Doesn't take much of chirp to set someone off if they are already pissed at whats going on in the game.

Pretty sure no one on either team saw anything or heard anything... Funny how that works as the teams close ranks around the players.
                - TGO

Comment

• https://twitter.com/TrueHoop/status/1105585822865281026

Before you jump on the "ESPN is biased against the Raptors train", FWIW, David Thorpe is a close friend of Masai Ujiri.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    https://twitter.com/TrueHoop/status/1105585822865281026

Before you jump on the "ESPN is biased against the Raptors train", FWIW, David Thorpe is a close friend of Masai Ujiri.
                    Yeah he also wrote the book "basketball is Jazz" that you referred to earlier (https://www.amazon.ca/Basketball-Jaz.../dp/1540856070) , which means he probably likes Nurse as well...

Comment

This makes sense though.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Any other season finishing in ECF would've been a great season. This year it's pretty much a failure. Shame
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Actually pretty defensible numbers

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Any other season finishing in ECF would've been a great season. This year it's pretty much a failure. Shame
                            I don't think so really. No shame in losing to the Bucks, they are playing really really well and have been virtually all season. Losing to the Celtics would be ass but wouldn't really be that much of a shock if they turn it on and finally play to their potential. Raps play well and they can beat either of them, Raps lay an egg and they can easily lose to either of them. Just the way it is.

Comment

I don't think so really. No shame in losing to the Bucks, they are playing really really well and have been virtually all season. Losing to the Celtics would be ass but wouldn't really be that much of a shock if they turn it on and finally play to their potential. Raps play well and they can beat either of them, Raps lay an egg and they can easily lose to either of them. Just the way it is.
                              too much is at stake. But maybe we never had a chance to resign Kawhi regardless. No point worrying about this now.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Yeah I agree I think a lot of it will come down to how they win/lose. If they play a strong ECF where they're focused, playing good defence, scrappy, not shrinking in the moment, not being timid with shots, with good coach adjustments etc , but somehow someone like Giannis just go supernova with their role players hitting everything from 3 and escaping the East on a hard fought series.... it would disappointing but it would a lot more satisfying (i.e successful) then just folding on a sweep where the wheels just fall off.

Comment

Working...
                                X