Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    What about a package around Lonzo Ball and something for Jimmy Butler...spitballing here...Jimmy ain't happy or sticking around by the sounds of it. Ball keeps in the core age of a Wiggins and Towns a little bit
    Yeah that's a good example. I could see that happening. Deng+Ball+first for Jimmy. Deng gets to play for Thibs again.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Yeah that's a good example. I could see that happening. Deng+Ball+first for Jimmy. Deng gets to play for Thibs again.
      Wouldn't it be ironic after all that talk and sneak dissing, if Lebron ultimately banished Lavar to Minnesota aka Siberia
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

[QUOTE=ReubenJRD;859876]I think my main point is, Griffin is most certainly not 1A material -- like DeRozan, they've underperformed in the post-season when needed, and are great regular season producers. They're in the top 30 players, but... that's different from being a top-10 player.

He as a player can be "formidable." With that current Pistons roster, they might win more than enough to get homecourt advantage with the fourth seed, but... that's if everything goes absolutely right. Realistically, they're a 7th or 8th seed. Overall, to me, that's not very formidable.[/QUOTE

I said their front court is formidable. The combination of Griffin and Drummond have the ability to control the paint and the boards against most teams. That is a base that they can build around. A clear advantage which Detroit/Casey can leverage into their favour. If that happens or not is anyone’s guess. I will be impressed if they can make the top 6 in the east this season.

Comment

The Lebron pressure though cannot be taken lightly. If desperate enough, the Lakers could offer one of those prospects you mentioned to sweeten a package deal (with someone like Lance, Beasley or McGee) to get a win now player to help Lebron out. That's what I'm not taking for granted. If Lebron is losing, management might scramble to help him out.. even if it f*cks up their future.
          I totally agree the pressure cannot be taken lightly.... Time is coming off the clock on his deal the minute he signs it. Just saying that to get something of value in a trade you have to put up something of value and I remain skeptical that on their own without sweetners none of the DI one year guys will return much. Garbage In. Garbage Out so to speak.

What about a package around Lonzo Ball and something for Jimmy Butler...spitballing here...Jimmy ain't happy or sticking around by the sounds of it. Ball keeps in the core age of a Wiggins and Towns a little bit.

Legit hypothetical.... but from this seat...think thats wishful thinking. Not ten for the win territory but wishful thinking.
          That would be Minny giving up Lavine. Dunn. Markaanen for Lonzo Ball and some dead weight in Deng. Ouchy.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Legit hypothetical.... but from this seat...think thats wishful thinking. Not ten for the win territory but wishful thinking.
            That would be Minny giving up Lavine. Dunn. Markaanen for Lonzo Ball and some dead weight in Deng. Ouchy.
            Painful to be sure..brought to you by the same organization who got nothing for Kevin Garnett. Oh wait they did, a 6th overall pick in 2009! Which they used to take Jonny Flynn, the second (!) point guard they took at that point of the draft, one selection before Stephen Curry at 7.

Not exactly the shrewdest organization in the league

Comment

Painful to be sure..brought to you by the same organization who got nothing for Kevin Garnett. Oh wait they did, a 6th overall pick in 2009! Which they used to take Jonny Flynn, the second (!) point guard they took at that point of the draft, one selection before Stephen Curry at 7.

Not exactly the shrewdest organization in the league

T-Wolves fanbase be like.....

Kaaaaaaaaahn!!

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                T-Wolves fanbase be like.....

Kaaaaaaaaahn!!
                Taking 2 point guards at #5 and #6 is stupid. Having #5 just decent starter and #6 be an absolute bust is dumber still. Having #7 be yet another point guard who is the greatest shooter of all time and 3 time NBA champion and unanimous league MVP? Goodbye cruel world

Comment

I said their front court is formidable. The combination of Griffin and Drummond have the ability to control the paint and the boards against most teams. That is a base that they can build around. A clear advantage which Detroit/Casey can leverage into their favour. If that happens or not is anyone’s guess. I will be impressed if they can make the top 6 in the east this season.
                  Fair enough. But, that roster is clearly not built well enough around them to support their style of play. It's a mess. I'll be shocked if they make the top 6, cause that roster is a gong show tbh.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

By noon yesterday the Government of Canada had managed to

1) Pretty much crush and powder one of the two engines of the Canadian economy with the fumble of the TransMountain Pipeline. Its almost as if the owner of the pipeline is appealing the decision to themselves and paying for it.

2) Are playing guts chicken with the the other engine, the Auto Industry, with an erratic negotiator on the other side of the table. Its like watching the Deer Hunter scene where they spin the magazine and point the gun to their heads.

So I am freely stealing from SportsCentre's themes.

After watching this full BOHICA applied to the country at the hands of our duly elected dunces... which organizations in the NBA most resemble our lasses and lads in Ottawa ? And you should you wish .. you can provide an example.

I will go with the Phoenix Suns who have had 16! 1st round draft picks, 4 of them in the top 5 in a decade and have made the playoffs exactly once.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      I will go with the Phoenix Suns who have had 16! 1st round draft picks, 4 of them in the top 5 in a decade and have made the playoffs exactly once.
                      That is truly amazing. I have not seen it expressed so succinctly before.

Comment

1) Pretty much crush and powder one of the two engines of the Canadian economy with the fumble of the TransMountain Pipeline. Its almost as if the owner of the pipeline is appealing the decision to themselves and paying for it.

2) Are playing guts chicken with the the other engine, the Auto Industry, with an erratic negotiator on the other side of the table. Its like watching the Deer Hunter scene where they spin the magazine and point the gun to their heads.

After watching this full BOHICA applied to the country at the hands of our duly elected dunces... which organizations in the NBA most resemble our lasses and lads in Ottawa ? And you should you wish .. you can provide an example.

Need to set a timeframe or the answer will change quite a bit. Last 5 years, 10 years, or franchise history?

Your example is last 10 years but for Phoenix that includes a 54 win season and a conference finals appearance. There are miserable franchises who have never made a conference finals, ever.

Here's my ranking on the past 5 years, in ascending order from worst to not worst:

1. ORL- 27 avg. wins, 0 playoff appearances - traded away Oladipo, their only really good 1st round pick since Dwight in 2004
                        2. LAL - 25 wins, 0 PO appearances - have been worst team on the list but accumulated prospects + opened up cap space - they have sucked but it got them somewhere
                        3. SAC - 30 wins, 0 PO appearances - WTF are they even doing
                        4. PHO - 31 wins, 0 PO appearances - WTF are they even doing
                        5. NYK - 29 wins, 0 PO appearances - have been a bit worse than the previous two but at least they've had Zinger, I guess
                        Last edited by S.R.; Fri Aug 31, 2018, 01:32 PM.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Need to set a timeframe or the answer will change quite a bit. Last 5 years, 10 years, or franchise history?

Your example is last 10 years but for Phoenix that includes a 54 win season and a conference finals appearance. There are miserable franchises who have never made a conference finals, ever.

Here's my ranking on the past 5 years, in ascending order from worst to not worst:

1. ORL- 27 avg. wins, 0 playoff appearances - traded away Oladipo, their only really good 1st round pick since Dwight in 2004
                          2. LAL - 25 wins, 0 PO appearances - have been worst team on the list but accumulated prospects + opened up cap space - they have sucked but it got them somewhere
                          3. SAC - 30 wins, 0 PO appearances - WTF are they even doing
                          4. PHO - 31 wins, 0 PO appearances - WTF are they even doing
                          5. NYK - 29 wins, 0 PO appearances - have been a bit worse than the previous two but at least they've had Zinger, I guess
                          Yes... a time frame would indeed be a smart thing to have noted. Phoenix and Orlando and the Knicks are the front runners for the 10 year time frame and Sacto I think wins The Lifetime Achievement Award for doing what they do on a consistent basis.

Regardless thats a pretty impressive list SR !!
                          - TGO

Comment

I guess there's no offseason for drama queens

Canada will be fine. The delay of a 300,000 bbl/d pipeline expansion isn't going to crush and powder anything.

As for the auto industry, let's wait for an outcome before we start writing eulogies. NAFTA negotiations resume on Wednesday.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              I guess there's no offseason for drama queens

Canada will be fine. The delay of a 300,000 bbl/d pipeline expansion isn't going to crush and powder anything.

As for the auto industry, let's wait for an outcome before we start writing eulogies. NAFTA negotiations resume on Wednesday.
                              Not so..Justin took most of July off as personal days.

As for the pipeline being halted by a court order not affecting the Oil and Gas Indusrty in Alberta you must have extra special rose coloured glasses. Minister Morneau says his government is reviewing the Federal Appeal Court ruling carefully but “the judgment is long and he doesn’t have a response yet”. Which is Liberalesse for not in our lifetime. A Trudeau has once again fucked the west. Try standing on a corner in Fort Mac with that line that there is nothing to worry about.

Keep whistling past the graveyard that the energy file is OK. 4.5$B for something we can’t build. Shit ..pretty soon we could be in it for big money eh?

As for the auto sector. After the red and white tribes deft handling of the energy file why would anyone have a second thought on cars and car parts with Spicoli on watch ? I’d have more faith in the Sacramento Kings front office being in the West Block than the current crew which occupies it now. 14 months to go.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Sep 1, 2018, 09:14 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

Yes... a time frame would indeed be a smart thing to have noted. Phoenix and Orlando and the Knicks are the front runners for the 10 year time frame and Sacto I think wins The Lifetime Achievement Award for doing what they do on a consistent basis.

Regardless thats a pretty impressive list SR !!
                                The Charlotte Bobcats/hornets deserve mention. They've been in the league for 14 years and made the playoffs I think one time and got swept

Comment

Working...
                                X