Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy for 3rd !!

Pacers are going to need some divine intervention to get back to third. Tonight Philly travels to Charlotte who are pretty much done. The Pacers get the Clippers and they are on a back to back. SO far the road has been very unkind to Indy. If the dream to see Indy finish in the 3 hole is to live on... Going to need Kemba and Co to win and the Pacers to find a way to beat the Clips. Wins by each keep the Pacers in it... Losses by both Philly and Indy brings the Chowders into the mix for 3rd or 4th.... A win by Indy and a Philly loss is like an adrenaline neeedle to the heart for Indy. Don't think they know if they can find a way to 3 the opening round might be one of Detroit or Miami.. .instead of Boston.

Turtle Derby for 6 through 8

The Nets who have one tough closing schedule. Tonight they continue their western road trip pulling into Sacto. Sacto is out of the west running but they are chock full of young guys who are going to play. Could be a track meet. This game and the next against the now tanking Lakers are the best chances to win the Nets get. in the next little while. After the Lebronless Lakers the Nets fly to Portland then Philly before they get home where they draw in order Boston the Bucks and the Raps before heading out on the road again to Milwaukee Indiana and finishing up with the Heat .

Like who did Kenny Atkinson piss off ? ..

Semi Fearless Nightly Predictions.

Philly W
    Indy W
    Nets L
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Mar 19, 2019, 07:18 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• The Pacers took another loss and slide into a tie with Boston in the loss column for 4th..The dream of a matchup with Indy in the second round is pretty much over.. which leaves the turtle derby to see who the Raps are going to draw in round 1.

Last night the Lazarus Nets come back from the dead. Down 20 plus in the 4th they beat the Kings and perhaps saved their season...The road is still littered with land mines.. but a loss last night would have made it a steeper and longer climb.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Mar 20, 2019, 08:26 AM.
      - TGO

Comment

• Mirotic out for a while.

Comment

• ya
          SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Mirotic out for a while.
          I just gonna post that. with no Brogdon or morotic if we're gonna take first the door is slightly open.we probably need to be within a game going into the last 5. all sub 500 after OKC mini series. if we can win both those and bucks lose a game or two this week we have a chance.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            ya
            I just gonna post that. with no Brogdon or morotic if we're gonna take first the door is slightly open.we probably need to be within a game going into the last 5. all sub 500 after OKC mini series. if we can win both those and bucks lose a game or two this week we have a chance.
            More important than the first seed though, this should make Milwaukee sweat a little for the playoffs.

Mirotic and Brogdon should both miss the first few games of the playoffs. Luckily for Bucks they will play the Heat or the Nyets..

BUT, Brogdon will be likely out for the 2nd round too. That is when we get to the real stuff
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

More important than the first seed though, this should make Milwaukee sweat a little for the playoffs.

Mirotic and Brogdon should both miss the first few games of the playoffs. Luckily for Bucks they will play the Heat or the Nyets..

BUT, Brogdon will be likely out for the 2nd round too. That is when we get to the real stuff
              Yeah, them likely missing Brogdon for the second round could be huge.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Yeah, them likely missing Brogdon for the second round could be huge.
                A deja vu for Coach Atlanta Hawk Bud...
                Run your guys hard to finish first and get 60 wins... lose a couple of key role players along the way.....
                Scrape by round 1.. and get dusted in round 2.....
                - TGO

Comment

• Indy takes on GSW tonight .. in SanFran .... (yes I know the arena is Oakland but the BMW driving Chardonnay swilling fans all come from SanFran) .. Its hard to see Indy winning this one.. but you never know... with 10 games to go they are playing for 4th and home court vs the Chowders...

In the turtle derby on who finishes 6 thru 8...

Orlando won last night and still sits in 9th. They are however only 2 games in the loss column behind Miami and Brooklyn and they seem to be whats an insurmountable 4 games behind Detroit.

However interestingly enough lets have a look at the Raptor killing Pistons schedule to close out the year. They have 12 left.. more than anyone else in the turtle derby..

The men from Motown aren't exactly road warriors and of those 12 games left ....7 are on the road... lots of them out west where most every team is looking for seeding slots...Tonight they start off with a room service game in @Phoenix .. but then they get... @Portland @GSW @Denver in succession.. then they go home. Waiting for them is Orlando who is lalso life and death to get in this year as well. Follow that up with a return match with the Blazers then a home and home with an Indy team that is looking to get homecourt vs Boston and then back on the road again @OKC..... The last 3 look like cupcakes with Charlotte / Memphis and da Knicks.

4 and 8 isn't a stretch ... 40 wins ?

The Heat have 11 left.. They get 7 on the road and 4 at home
                  On the road are Bucks Whiz Boston Knicks Minny Raps and Brooklyn
                  At home Orlando, Boston, Dallas and Philly

5 and 6 gets them to 40 wins as well

The Nets have 9 left.. its the schedule from Hell.. The road warriors from Brooklyn get the Lakers tomorrow.. then the Blazers and Philly .. They finally come home. On the home sched is Boston the Bucks and the Raps...and then they hit the road again for a pair with the Bucks and Pacers.. and then they get the Heat at home in what could be an in or out game.

2 and 7 is not out of the question which lands them at 39 wins...

The Magic have 10 left...and they are at 34 wins.. they need to go 6 and 4 to get to 40 wins...

On their dance card they have Memphis, Philly the Knicks and Atlanta at home.... 3 and 1 ?
                  On the road they draw the Heat, Pistons, Raps, Indy, Boston and Charlotte... 3 and 3 ? They pretty much own the Heat for reasons unknown and can take Charlotte who are out... that leaves a game in Detroit which is winnable and needs to be won...

Sticking to my picks of Detroit / Miami and the Magic .. in what order is still up in the air...
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Mar 21, 2019, 11:53 AM.
                  - TGO

Comment

• I think a few months ago in this thread I went with Miami (I trust Spoelstra and they win on the road and I didn't believe they'd keep losing at home), Detroit (just cause of Casey and Griffin) and Orlando, mostly cause I didn't trust Brooklyn but I recall looking at the Nets' March and laughing. Anyway, I guess I'm kinda pulling for Orlando cause they haven't made the playoffs in awhile.

Comment

• This is hilarious:

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        ya
                        Note that with the tie-breaker, Bucks are ahead by 3 losses / wins which makes getting the 1 spot very, very tough.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

A deja vu for Coach Atlanta Hawk Bud...
                          Run your guys hard to finish first and get 60 wins... lose a couple of key role players along the way.....
                          Scrape by round 1.. and get dusted in round 2.....
                          Whatever they case may be sir, please don't make a thread saying they suck, we're gonna need all anti-jinx we can get to get through those guys I think, especially with them having home court
                          Last edited by inthepaint; Thu Mar 21, 2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

whatever they case may be sir, please don't make a thread saying they suck, we're gonna need all anti-jinx we can get to get through those guys i think, especially with them having home court
                            boston milwaukee philly indy pistons brooklyn don't suck!
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

boston milwaukee philly indy pistons brooklyn don't suck!
                              Fuck Brooklyn
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Fuck Brooklyn
                                :/

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X