No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, barring an unlikely ECF matchup...we can tell Clarice that the Lambs have stopped screaming. Kind of happy to not have to face Kemba in the playoffs. And along that line, that's why Orlando might be the best. Bless good old DJ A, but the Magic don't have the typical slicing, dicing point guard that gives us trouble. Also, does anyone see the irony that once again, Brooklyn might tank in order to face us in the playoffs?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      I'm hoping we either get a late Saturday or Sunday game. can't watch Saturday afternoon. I think usually the Saturday starts with a eastern game goes to the west for game 2 then back east for a regular tip of game. we just gotta hope nba doesn't like who Milwaukee match up is and they play 1st Saturday. Boston and Philly will probably get the prime time matchup on sat and Sunday.
      I think we're either daytime Saturday or daytime Sunday, opposite the Bucks. Recent revelations by your schedule sleuth Planetmars make me think we play Sunday afternoon...when I'm busy damnit
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        So, barring an unlikely ECF matchup...we can tell Clarice that the Lambs have stopped screaming. Kind of happy to not have to face Kemba in the playoffs. And along that line, that's why Orlando might be the best. Bless good old DJ A, but the Magic don't have the typical slicing, dicing point guard that gives us trouble. Also, does anyone see the irony that once again, Brooklyn might tank in order to face us in the playoffs?
        If one of Oralndo of Nets tank their last game at least Nick can use that as motivation. These guys wanted to play you, they think the 6ers are a tougher matchup type of thing.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Leafs schedule is out.. game 3 is on Monday (they are on the road to start their playoffs)... so that most likely means that our game 2 will be on Tuesday.

So if we play game 1 on Saturday.. we'll have 2 days rest before game 2. Could also mean they push game 1 to Sunday. To only give us 1 day of rest between games.

When is game 6 scheduled for? we may be able to deduct backwards to figure this out. I think usually NBA gives the 2 days when you switch citys between 2 and 3. And another 2 day break sometime in the series.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

We can't get Charlotte or Miami. They will each have 40 wins not 41 (they currently have 38). But Charlotte has the tie breaker for all three and will get the 8th seed.

*EDIT - if Detroit wins their last two they will get 41 wins.. so will get 7 or 8 depending on what happens with Orlando and Brooklyn in their two games.
            Yeah that's what I meant, if Detroit wins all their remaining games and Brooklyn and Orlando lose, they will all finish on a 3-way tie at 41 wins each for 6th 7th and 8th. Who would be 7th in that case?

Comment

If one of Oralndo of Nets tank their last game at least Nick can use that as motivation. These guys wanted to play you, they think the 6ers are a tougher matchup type of thing.
              I wonder if Masai would come up with something motivational to say..

Comment

When is game 6 scheduled for? we may be able to deduct backwards to figure this out. I think usually NBA gives the 2 days when you switch citys between 2 and 3. And another 2 day break sometime in the series.
                Leafs/Bruins game 6 is on Sunday April 21st.

Last year against Washington we played Saturday and then Tuesday (so 2 days rest between the first two games). So that might happen again this year.

My guess is our first round would look like this:

Game 1: Saturday, April 13
                Game 2: Tuesday, April 16
                Game 3: Friday, April 19
                Game 4: Sunday, April 21 (will be on road here)
                Game 5: Wednesday, April 24 (if needed)
                Game 6: Friday, April 26 (if needed)
                Game 7: Sunday, April 28 (if needed)

This follows the same pattern as last year.
                Last edited by planetmars; Mon Apr 8, 2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

I wonder if Masai would come up with something motivational to say..
                  Ive got one thing to say.... Fuck jeff weltman! Terrence Ross doesnt have "it"

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah that's what I meant, if Detroit wins all their remaining games and Brooklyn and Orlando lose, they will all finish on a 3-way tie at 41 wins each for 6th 7th and 8th. Who would be 7th in that case?
                    See post below
                    Last edited by planetmars; Mon Apr 8, 2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• D'oh.. I was right the first time. 3-teams tied have different rule breakers than if 2-teams are tied. The first rule breaker for 3 teams being tied is division winners get the top seed, which would be Orlando (they won their division).

So if Brooklyn, Orlando, and Detroit are all tied at 41 wins, than it will be: Orlando (6), Brooklyn (7), Detroit (8).. and we get Brooklyn in the first round.

Comment

• Comment

• Just looking at the standings. The funniest thing is that under the old playoff format, the Magic, as the Southeast Division champs, would have been the third seed! Toronto would be looking at (1)Nets-(2)Magic/Pacers-(3)Bucks/Celtics/Sixers. Just an interesting sidenote...

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Just looking at the standings. The funniest thing is that under the old playoff format, the Magic, as the Southeast Division champs, would have been the third seed! Toronto would be looking at (1)Nets-(2)Magic/Pacers-(3)Bucks/Celtics/Sixers. Just an interesting sidenote...
                            I think they would have been a 4 seed in the old format. ? division winners got home court 1st round but could still be surpassed In the top 4 by a team with a better record.

Comment

• So the last two days of the derby....

Charlotte visits the Cavs.....It’s another must win to stay alive game for the Hornets. They haven’t come this far to stumble in Cleveland...Charlotte W

Detroit hosts Memphis. The Pistons could lose this one and still be in it albeit they would be looking for help instead of being masters of their own destiny. Memphis has put just about anyone who is good on the shelf. The guys who will play are looking for contracts or looks sees or invites for next year. That can be problematic for the Pistons if someone pulls a WALTER Lemon Jr. kind of game. That and Blake Griffin will be labouring with a bum leg. If they cough this one up things are going to be tense in Detroit.

The Heat are pretty much done. Derivatives have less dependencies than what’s got to fall into place for the Heat....but tonight the Heat dig down and win one at home for the departing Dwayne Wade and stay alive to the last night of the season.

If Detroit wins out.. they are in.
                              If Charlotte wins out AND Detroit loses 1 .. Charlotte gets in
                              If the Heat win out AND Charlotte loses 1 AND Detroit loses both their remaining games...then the Heat get in .
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Apr 9, 2019, 06:45 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Memphis up big on Detroit, holding a solid double-digit lead. Charlotte up on Cleveland by double-digits too. Things are suddenly looking much tighter for Detroit.

Comment

Working...
                                X