Suck it, media

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    https://theundefeated.com/features/t...from-warriors/

McCaw scored two points in seven appearances for Toronto during the first two rounds of the postseason. Then he missed the first five games of the Eastern Conference finals against the Milwaukee Bucks for personal reasons. McCaw told The Undefeated he was absent because his older brother, Jeffrey McCaw, had died.

McCaw preferred not to offer details about the tragedy but said his brother meant everything to me.”

Growing up as a kid, thats who I wanted to be, McCaw said. My whole life, I was just looking up to that person. To lose him without saying goodbye was one of the toughest things. Theres just so much left unsaid that I wish I could tell him right now. But he's in a better place now, and everything I do now is for him and my family.”
    damn RIP

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

30 years in fact...your age is showing But alas, I had first thought you were talking about 2004. Pistons, with no chance to beat the Lakers, won in 5. 1989..2004..2019..every 15 years, the upstart with defensive ferocity vs the golden boys chalk full of hall of famers. This time we're moving the locations a little north. Move LA a half a days drive up the state, and move Detroit just past a couple lakes and a national border.
    My math is showing more than my age ..

My age I cover using Revitalift 150 from L'Oreal which is made with a rare but secret extract from the lower shoots of a rare cactus which only grows within a protected strip of land 152 to 178 KM wide south east of Taos New Mexico. The TV adds assure me that this will stop premature aging and fights climate change.

No one ever went broke under estimating the vanity of women and their affinity to products which cost thousands but can be made using well over 94 cents worth of chemicals in a vat.

Just as no one will go broke betting against the incredibly high odds bestowed upon a very very soft Golden State Warrior team.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 27, 2019, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Alright, this calls for me posting again one of my favorite zach lowe pieces, a hilarious tribute to The Raptor. Back in the grantland glory days.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...eat-performer/
    But the popularity of the inflatable Raptor has almost overshadowed the regular Raptor and all the brilliant stuff that guy does all over the floor. The Raptor is manic. He is a whirlwind of activity. My wife barely even watches games when we go together; she cannot take her eyes off the Raptor. Fans mostly pay attention to mascots when they have center stage, and the Raptor is fantastic at that stuff. He’s athletic, he can dance, he’s funny, and his video skits are high comedy — the perfect mix of levity and a type of violence, mostly directed at opposing “fan” characters, that is edgy without being threatening or uncomfortable. In one game against Miami last season, the big scoreboard played a skit in which the Raptor, walking around Toronto, came across a “Heat fan” playing Queen’s “We Are the Champions” on a boom box. Cut to the Raptor finding an aluminum baseball bat and smashing the boom box. Next skit: The Raptor is in yoga class, hilarious on its own, since a large dinosaur performing downward dog next to a bunch of young women in yoga clothes, everyone acting as if this is perfectly normal, is a great joke by itself. But lo and behold, the same Heat fan, wearing a Dwyane Wade jersey, happened to be in the Raptor’s yoga class, and he was one of those annoying grunters. Cut to the Raptor tossing a giant yoga ball, quite hard, flush in the guy’s face. Brilliant. And by the way: Mascots generally write and conceptualize all these skits on their own, with some help from an assistant. They are writer, director, and editor in lots of cases. If the skit fails, it’s on them, and them alone.

But the Raptor is just as good when the game is on center stage, leaving him to mill around the court and the crowd. That’s really where the magic happens for the best mascots. Oh, hey, there’s the Raptor clowning a security guard along the baseline, just trying to get the stone-faced guy to laugh. Oh, wait, he’s leaving to go taunt an opposing fan, and maybe to “accidentally” knock that fan with his tail on his way to the next interaction. Wait, hold on: Is he actually going to stand up along that wall in front of the first row of seats, use it as a balance beam, and attempt a freaking cartwheel on top of it? Yes. Yes, he is, just to entertain fans who might spot the stunt during game action.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Raptor is 1,000,000 X > BJ Birdie or Carlton the Bear

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Um its possible because its not some "person", that is THE RAPTOR. He has no age
    His name is Ryan Bonne

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Zainab wrote: View Post
    Um its possible because its not some "person", that is THE RAPTOR. He has no age

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Lots and lots and lots of focus on Steph Curry.... yet.. if the whistle stays in the pocket... he ain't the threat the greek freak was....
    Klay.. well. Klay isn't an intense guy.. he likes to smoke weed...keep toking Klay...
    Draymond Green.. well the mouth from Flint just isn't Joel Embiid in the middle..he talks as much but the skill level isn't close.

The thing about the sports media is that they fall in love with dynasties and seldom see them slide into decline in front of their eyes..and yet again.this is that case. The Warriors are more reputation than substance and without Durant are not in the same weight class as the Raptors....

Igudola.. is 35.. or close to 59 in NBA years....and he is already hurting
    Draymond Green benefits from playing with Curry and Thompson and Durant.. on his own.. this guy is James Johnson
    Keyvan Looney is going to eat spaulding if he comes inside on Ibaka...
    The rest of the roster requires family members and girlfriends for positive ID's..

The Raptors defense is suffocating... they kill teams... its not going to suddenly wilt...and the Warriors sans Durant are a better Portland.

Think Detroit Pistons with no chance to beat the Lakers.. till they kicked their ass so far up their throats it was hard to tell if the Lakers farted or sneezed.

Redux... 20 years later...... 1989 to 2019.. history repeats itself.

The Raps sent Emiid off the court in tears.. They sent the Alphabet off the press podium in tears. .and they are going to do the same to Warriors...

Raps in 6.. cuz that Leonard guy... yeah.. hes pretty good.
    30 years in fact...your age is showing But alas, I had first thought you were talking about 2004. Pistons, with no chance to beat the Lakers, won in 5. 1989..2004..2019..every 15 years, the upstart with defensive ferocity vs the golden boys chalk full of hall of famers. This time we're moving the locations a little north. Move LA a half a days drive up the state, and move Detroit just past a couple lakes and a national border.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    I was feeling really confident on the Raps chances going into the finals. The Raps have in their favour:

A defense that just stopped this years MVP in his tracks.
    A team that took 4 in a row from the team with the best record in the league this year who had not lost more than 2 in a row all season long with one of those games being the pivotal game 5.. on the road. .
    A player who has shown he is in the top 2 or 3 in his sport discussion is suiting up for the Raps.
    A couple of veteran players who can see a title shot they may not see again are playing that way in Gasol and Lowry. .
    A bench that has found itself and is playing against a team who doesn't have extraordinary length and size which had troubled them in the series vs Philly.
    The team they are facing has another top 2 or 3 in his sport designation is hurt and likely won't be playing, if at all, until the later stages of the series.
    An aggressive and physical team with length and atheltiscm who have played consistently well over the last 3 series and brings an edge the Warriors have not seen so far in this playoff.

But now.. a prediction that solidifies those random thoughts. .

Stephen A Smith, the black Homer Simpson, who has consistently missed on every prediction he has made about the Raptors (the loss to Philly, the loss to the Bucks) is staying on message by calling for them to lose to a soft GSW team lead by a soft perimeter shooting guard tandem...

Portland south now carries the curse of Black Homer on record ...they are going to lose
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 27, 2019, 10:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    That's hilarious

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I remember the concern before the playoffs started that this team was still trying to figure out how all the parts would work. I also remember posting a thought that others had articulated in different ways. That was that the team would have time, over the course of the playoffs, to gell as they moved through their opponents, recognizing that the games would start off easier and get tougher. Wasn't really bang on with how easy it would be to work their way through the Magic and 76'ers, but I would say that we saw a much more cohesive unit by the time they met the Bucks. Watching Kyle and Kawhi work together was great. Seeing Kawhi hit career best assist numbers was great. Watching Gasol managing ball movement from the post was great. But what was greatest of all was getting the sense that it wasn't all just happenstance or luck. The guys were moving in very specific and intentional ways to get free and to set screens and picks because they had figured each other out. And there was a quiet confidence in their play as well. The kind of poise that comes from knowing your teammates and trusting them. They absolutely had gelled, and done it under playoff pressure.

I wouldn't underestimate them for the world from here on in.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Nice.

Mentioned in there that Kawhi’s 17 rebounds last game were a career high. That’s frickin insane. In the most important games in franchise history, when we needed everything from him, he gives us, first, his career high in assists in the pivotal game 5, followed the next game, when we were getting KILLED on the boards to begin, his career high in rebounds to ice it.

Man. This guy.

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X