Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    14 months to go.
    ... for a Canadian demographic shift.

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post
      ... for a Canadian demographic shift.

      Trudeau will be re elected. And I don't vote liberal
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
        The Charlotte Bobcats/hornets deserve mention. They've been in the league for 14 years and made the playoffs I think one time and got swept
        Great catch ....How we could have missed the BobHornetCats for their stellar body of work over the past 15 years. Since their second life in Charlotte the Hornets have made the playoffs 3 times amassing a 3 and 12 record. They were able to achieve this with 19 1st round picks with 10 of them being in the top 10 and of those, 5 were in the top 5.

        Sean May and Raymond Felton in a particularly solid year. Sprinkle in The’Stache @3..Micheal Kidd- Ghilchrist@2, A Zeller (Cody)@ 4 and DJ Augustine@9. They did pick Tobias Harris late one year but quickly traded him for the corpse of Corey Maggette and for Biz Biyombo who they let go for nothing 3 years later. Kemba Walker @9 stands alone as a keeper.

        The BobHornetCats front office...clearly a major threat for most inept in the league.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Trudeau will be re elected. And I don't vote liberal
          Sadly. The cult of personality sprinkled with altruism is irresistable pablum for young voters, in particular.

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post
            Sadly. The cult of personality sprinkled with altruism is irresistable pablum for young voters, in particular.

            Comment


            • Maury wrote: View Post
              But he’s got nice socks!
              To go with his nice hair!

              Comment


              • golden wrote: View Post
                Sadly. The cult of personality sprinkled with altruism is irresistable pablum for young voters, in particular.
                I think it's fair to say that young voters were swayed by a young leader with idealistic views, his hair, his wife, his clothes and a general desire for change for change sake. Trudeau got young voters out to vote and in particular, young women out to vote. Those same voters are likely still swayed by factors that manhy of us wouldn't feel worthy of consideration but will it be enough again? Not sure yet ....

                The 2015 federal election saw a huge increase in turnout among young Canadians — particularly young Canadian women — according to data released by Elections Canada.

                While there was an increase among all age groups, the biggest occurred among eligible voters aged 18 to 24, the elections agency said. Turnout among this group increased 18.3 points, to 57.1 per cent compared to 38.8 per cent in 2011.

                Elections Canada said Wednesday this is the biggest increase in turnout among this age group since it began making demographic turnout estimates in 2004.

                But turnout was highest among voters between 55 and 74 years old — 78.8 per cent of eligible voters in this age group tramped out to the polls.

                Though the Liberals also led in public opinion surveys at the end of the 2015 federal campaign among older voters, their edge was widest among younger Canadians. The final poll of the campaign by Nanos Research found the Liberals with 38 per cent support among Canadians aged 18 to 29, compared to 24 per cent for the New Democrats and just 23 per cent for the Conservatives.

                The data from Elections Canada show that the most significant increase over 2011 was among Canadian women between the ages of 18 and 24. Turnout among this demographic jumped to 60.5 per cent from 40.9 per cent, an increase of 19.6 points.

                Comment


                • This is way, way off topic, but...

                  Personally I think legalizing weed was a huge factor (maybe the deciding factor) in Trudeau winning the election. PC said no, no way. Liberals and NDP said yes. Nobody trusts the NDP (especially with Jack no longer around - RIP). I know a lot of people that voted for weed and not the man who would be PM.

                  Comment


                  • planetmars wrote: View Post
                    This is way, way off topic, but...

                    Personally I think legalizing weed was a huge factor (maybe the deciding factor) in Trudeau winning the election. PC said no, no way. Liberals and NDP said yes. Nobody trusts the NDP (especially with Jack no longer around - RIP). I know a lot of people that voted for weed and not the man who would be PM.
                    A friend with weed is a friend indeed
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      I think it's fair to say that young voters were swayed by a young leader with idealistic views, his hair, his wife, his clothes and a general desire for change for change sake. Trudeau got young voters out to vote and in particular, young women out to vote. Those same voters are likely still swayed by factors that manhy of us wouldn't feel worthy of consideration but will it be enough again? Not sure yet ....

                      The 2015 federal election saw a huge increase in turnout among young Canadians — particularly young Canadian women — according to data released by Elections Canada.

                      While there was an increase among all age groups, the biggest occurred among eligible voters aged 18 to 24, the elections agency said. Turnout among this group increased 18.3 points, to 57.1 per cent compared to 38.8 per cent in 2011.

                      Elections Canada said Wednesday this is the biggest increase in turnout among this age group since it began making demographic turnout estimates in 2004.

                      But turnout was highest among voters between 55 and 74 years old — 78.8 per cent of eligible voters in this age group tramped out to the polls.

                      Though the Liberals also led in public opinion surveys at the end of the 2015 federal campaign among older voters, their edge was widest among younger Canadians. The final poll of the campaign by Nanos Research found the Liberals with 38 per cent support among Canadians aged 18 to 29, compared to 24 per cent for the New Democrats and just 23 per cent for the Conservatives.

                      The data from Elections Canada show that the most significant increase over 2011 was among Canadian women between the ages of 18 and 24. Turnout among this demographic jumped to 60.5 per cent from 40.9 per cent, an increase of 19.6 points.
                      The Buffy vote ? Who would have thought that the confluence of so many hair and nail appointments for Kardashian nation being cancelled at the same time on Election Day that just happened to be adjacent to a polling station would play a pivotal role in electing our boy Justin.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Sep 11th, 2018, 09:25 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Gentlemen ... completely wrong thread for that discussion. Lol

                        Comment


                        • planetmars wrote: View Post
                          This is way, way off topic, but...

                          Personally I think legalizing weed was a huge factor (maybe the deciding factor) in Trudeau winning the election. PC said no, no way. Liberals and NDP said yes. Nobody trusts the NDP (especially with Jack no longer around - RIP). I know a lot of people that voted for weed and not the man who would be PM.
                          I'd agree with that assessment. I held my nose and voted L for that reason. It was time to change the law or try to again rationalize why perhaps 40% of the population who chose to use something similar to but not alcohol in social settings could get a criminal record for their efforts. You can't lock up 4 out of 10 people. So I made my X.

                          I thought I could live with other baloney that was going to be part of the package deal for PM Blowdry and weed legalization for 4 years. On that I was dead ass wrong. I can't. To paraphrase the MeatLoaf song .... I'm praying for Oct 2019 to come as fast as it can.

                          Comment


                          • Joey wrote: View Post
                            Gentlemen ... completely wrong thread for that discussion. Lol
                            The good ol' moderator has put the foot down.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                            Comment


                            • Well its been a pretty dry few weeks. I have been reduced to discussing politics (I don't hate you Joey or Bendit) instead of how over rated the Hinkies are but we are pretty close to some real things beginning to shape up.

                              In the East there are a couple of what might be called mystery teams.

                              One of them is the Cavs. Are the former NewLooks the DeadLooks or are they a playoff team ? Tristan Thompson should still be able to vaccum the offensive glass, Kevin Love can still shoot it and Colin Sexton for my money could be this years Donovan Mitchell. Thats the good news. The not so good news is that JR Smith without Lebron to be drill Sargent could and will likely revert to Knicks JR Smith. Rodney Hood just signed his QO but Utah with a young team ran away from him not walked. Kyle Korver is officially older than dirt.
                              BUT
                              Do these guys have one more year left in them to get into the dance at a reasonable 5 or 6 slot. ?

                              The Miami Heat are the definition of a treadmill team right now. Finishing 7th or 8th or 9th and with limited draft picks as they seem to have all been traded to Phoenix for Dragic. They do get their pick this year though but the next first isn't until 2021. They have some nice players in the mercurial Hassan Whiteside, The Winslow Kid, the Bam guy and Canadas own Kelly O but they don't have a good player beyond Dragic. If Dragic gets hurt or the team flounders out of the gate I think Pat Reilly waves the towel and tries to get what he can to at least get a lottery pick this year. He can clear some cap space if he finds a taker for Whiteside and get started again...
                              BUT
                              Will he ? Reilly is a bloodless killer. I think the Heat start over rather than finish 7th and get pounded in the first round again.

                              Comment


                              • Rodney Hood is a candidate to replace LBJ as starting SF in Cleveland, I think that's about all we need to know about the Cavs' prospects this season.

                                Is Adam Silver going to maintain recent tradition and hand them a #1 pick?
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X