No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's DanH? We need a gamethread starter discussion.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I'm not feeling the Warriors this year.. I think they'll lose to the Rockets in the 2nd round. I actually see Paul being healthy for that match up.. and the Rockets will finally beat them.

It will be Toronto/Houston in the finals, and I see Toronto winning in 6.
      Don't get fooled by their(Warriors) performance in the regular season. I still don't see anyone beating them this year.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Don't get fooled by their(Warriors) performance in the regular season. I still don't see anyone beating them this year.
        Rockets took them to 7 last year and lost because they bricked 27 3's (or some shit). Paul was also hurt for their last two games. They know how to beat them and I think they will this year.

Cousins doesn't make them better IMO. And Curry rolled his ankle (looked bad in the video clip I saw) and missed their game against Memphis. If he's not 100% they are screwed.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Where's DanH? We need a gamethread starter discussion.
          Read earlier in this thread, also beginning of the last game thread.

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...23#post1281323

In any case, inthepaint has to take game 1. He's on a win streak.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Rockets took them to 7 last year and lost because they bricked 27 3's (or some shit). Paul was also hurt for their last two games. They know how to beat them and I think they will this year.

Cousins doesn't make them better IMO. And Curry rolled his ankle (looked bad in the video clip I saw) and missed their game against Memphis. If he's not 100% they are screwed.

Yes the Rockets bricked 27 3's in that game. But the Warriors didn't play all that well in that game either and still found a way to win Game 7 on the road. This year the Warriors will have home court advantage against the Rockets.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Warriors can sit out Curry for round 1..... just like last year. That's the true, unfair advantage that Durant (and now Cousins) gives them. *sigh*

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Read earlier in this thread, also beginning of the last game thread.

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...23#post1281323

In any case, inthepaint has to take game 1. He's on a win streak.
                Late tonight Game 1 thread will come out in its glory, fresh out of the oven. Get your headphones ready for optimum experience.

Comment

• Heres my Round 1 Predictions

West
                  GSW-Clips (Warriors in 5)
                  Pat Bev is going to get under someone skins and one of the warriors will get ejected. Lou will goes off at the same time and clip get a win in staples center.

Den-Sa (Spurs in 7)
                  Spurs have huge advantage in experince on the court and the bench. Pop will expose jokic on defense and rack up the fouls by attacking him with Aldridge. With all the offensive prowess of Murray and Harris they will struggle to contain demar and might have to give more minutes to beasley with will hurt their offense.

Port-Okc (OKC in 6)
                  With nurkic this may go longer. Paul george will get the lillard assignment but he will still have 2 big games and get a couple wins at home.

Hou-Utah (Rockets in 6)
                  Utah defense is top notch, Harden offense is the best in the league. Jazz will play good D on everyone and force Harden to beat them on his own... and he will. Look forward to P.J Tucker vs Joe Ingles the best role players in the NBA head to head. This one will be chippy.

East
                  Mil-Det (Mil in 5)
                  Pretty breezy for the bucks, blake injury changes everything. Bucks still go cold from 3 in a game and allow detroit to get one.

Raps-Orl (Raps in 4)

Raps are just better at every position. Pascal may not have the best series but we will be able to out talent them at every position. Only magic get a game is if T-Ross and Vucevic go for 35+ points.

Phil-Nets (Philly in 6)

Embiid may be hurt. 6ers playing coy. if embiid misses game 1 nets take it and put pressure right on philly. 6er struggle to contain guards and nets have talents in spades at that position. If embiid injury is worse then they are letting on this could be a march madness style upset.

Bos-Indy (Bos in 7)

Marcus Smart is a huge loss and Indy is not going to lay down and take a beating. These are all going to be close games with some buzzer beating finishes. Series of the 1st round. Gordan Hayward is the X-factor if he plays well that could change the series completely.

To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• WTF? Vlade just fired dave joerger? this was an unreal season for the kings and he cans him? makes no sense to me
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      WTF? Vlade just fired dave joerger? this was an unreal season for the kings and he cans him? makes no sense to me
                      Kangz gonna Kangz.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

i think trevor and Moute were pretty important pieces to the Rockets' success last season, but, yeah, if Curry isnt 100%, could be close.

Comment

• btw, anybody know a sports betting site that does betting by SERIES instead of just by conference and NBA champioship?

Comment

• Leo for games 1&3. Jack for 2&4

Comment

• Opening the playoffs with Leo? Boooooooooooo
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Masai should’ve signed this guy before the season was finished, fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X