Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    WTF? Vlade just fired dave joerger? this was an unreal season for the kings and he cans him? makes no sense to me
    I don't get the move? A team full of youngsters finish 1 spot out of the playoffs in hyper-tough Western Conference...mmm

Comment

• So heres what one of the Vegas Sports books guys are thinking on the playoffs this year....

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

With Green/Kawhi guarding him? i dont think so.
        Let's hope your right;

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

I don't get the move? A team full of youngsters finish 1 spot out of the playoffs in hyper-tough Western Conference...mmm
          You're only as good as your owner. People were optimistic that the Kings were lately figuring how not to be train wreck, but Vivek is a meddler just as Dolan is a meddler. Wealthy businessmen think they're good at everything I guess.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Let's hope your right;
            I'm always right.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

There has been a big time split of opinion between the coach Dave Joeger and the Asst General Mgr.. Williams is his name since the season started.
              Joeger kicked Williams out of practice ... the reason for this was playing time for Bagley.. or lack of it...
              Have to think its harder to find a coach the team will play for than an assistant gm.. but apparently not and the decision is done.
              Not sure where Vlade goes for the new coach.. but for once.. the interview list should contain some solid candidates for that up and coming team.

Source: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ki...gm-shootaround
              - TGO

Comment

i think ross will have 1 big game almost guaranteed. Its going to have to be a MONSTER game tho to steal a win.
                vucevic and/or gordon could have a big game, too.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You're only as good as your owner. People were optimistic that the Kings were lately figuring how not to be train wreck, but Vivek is a meddler just as Dolan is a meddler. Wealthy businessmen think they're good at everything I guess.
                  I think this is all as simply consolidating power by Divac. I don't even know if this is Vivek. Divac just signed a long extension, and he and Joerger haven't gotten along for a little while - more recently with Divac wanting alot more PT for Bagley. So to me this is him looking to bring someone in who will play his guys the way he wants them to be played.
                  Last edited by Joey; Thu Apr 11, 2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I think this is all as simply consolidating power by Divac. I don't even know how if this is Vivek. Divac just signed a long extension, and he and Joerger haven't gotten along for a little while - more recently with Divac wanting alot more PT for Bagley. So to me this is him looking to bring someone in who will play his guys the way he wants them to be played.
                    I didn't realize he was there for 3 years I thought he was in Memphis like last season lol. Time flies...OK I guess its not an erratic move as I first thought

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I didn't realize he was there for 3 years I thought he was in Memphis like last season lol. Time flies...OK I guess its not an erratic move as I first thought
                      Divac also fired Mike Malone when Boogie cousin loved him... And now look at Malone
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Divac also fired Mike Malone when Boogie cousin loved him... And now look at Malone
                        Malone just doing fine on his own, and boogie boogie'd. Could be conf finals opponents.

moral of the story is gtfo of Sacramento

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Read earlier in this thread, also beginning of the last game thread.

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...23#post1281323

In any case, inthepaint has to take game 1. He's on a win streak.
                          Okay I'll get next after inthepaint. It'll probably be in the second round vs Philly

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I think this is all as simply consolidating power by Divac. I don't even know if this is Vivek. Divac just signed a long extension, and he and Joerger haven't gotten along for a little while - more recently with Divac wanting alot more PT for Bagley. So to me this is him looking to bring someone in who will play his guys the way he wants them to be played.
                            I know its easy to chalk this up as the Kings ineptitude but I dont think its a bad move. I watched enough Kings games to know that Jeoger isnt a great coach, and coached them out of multiple games. To me this would be like if Masai had gotten rid of Casey anfter the Brooklyn series, it was pretty clear the guy wouldnt lead the team to a championship but he was also a decent coach and could help the organization take a step forward. As long as they find a good replacement, this is a good move in my opinion.

Comment

• So here we go... its seems like only yesterday the predictions thread went up and the crystal balls were gazed into.
                              Earnest calls were made for favourite teams and not so favourite teams were slagged as the abject pieces of shit they were.

In August my call was for Raps/Chowders/Bucks/Pacers/Hinkies/Detroit/Nets and Cleveland to make it. 7 out of 8 aint bad

And on we go to the Eastern Quarter Finals.

Bucks vs Detroit. Bucks in 4 or 5. Blake Griffin has knee trouble. Unlike Sharks teeth which do grow back I just don't think whats floating around in Blakes knee grows back till next year post arthroscopic surgery after the season ends. Drummond will play well and Kennard will show he warranted the high draft slot he got. But the lead guards are still Ish Smith and Reggie Jackson. Detroit stinks on the road. so while the Alphabets ankle isn't 100% either and they will be missing both Brodgon and Mirotic for this series the Bucks just have too much for the Pistons. Even if there is optomism that Brogdon will play earlier rather than later those plantar facitis injuries (sic) are what hobbled Demarre Carroll while he was in Toronto.. Hard to see Brogdon coming back at mid season form. when he does return. None of that matters in this series as the Bucks have the edge over the Pistons from the backcourt to the frontcourt to homecourt.... and they got that Greek guy.

Raps vs Magic.. Raps in possibly 5 but definitely 6. The Magic have played playoff like ball for a couple months now and have earned their way in. Their reward is to play an incredibly motivated Raptors squad who are dying to kill the stigma of being playoff pinatas. The Magic don't have a waterbug quick guard that can break down the defense off the dribble that gives the Raps so much trouble. We all remember the deer in the headlights TRoss efforts when he was here. He will be waay better than that.. but not good enough to provide enough shooting along with Evan Fournier to worry the Raps wings. Vucevic is going to get cursed by a lot of us as he puts up some points from the arc and inside ..but in the end ....the Raps just got more horsepower.

Chowders vs PacersChowders in 6. It would be 5 but the torn oblique of one Marcus Smart will hurt the Chowders. I love the optimism that he will be back in 4 to 6 weeks from an oblique. Vladdy G only strained his and he was down for 3-4weeks. Smart tore it. Still the Chowders with Horford making life tough for Myles Turner inside and out. Irving winning one by himself on an insane shooting night just have to much offense for the gritty Pacers to overcome. It won't be easy for Boston as Bogdonvich will light it up without Smart all over him for maybe a split in Boston to give Pacer Nation some hope.. but the Chowders will take this series but have to expend a ton of energy to do it.

Hinkes vs Nets Upsets rarely happen in the NBA in round 1. But if there is a first round upset this is the series.The Hinkies are nicked up as the playoffs open. Embiid is not right and hasn't been for a couple three weeks. He may not play on Saturday. Jimmy Butler has been in and out of the lineup with back issues that flare up from time to time.Its a recurring injury for Jimmy B. Simmons and Reddick and Harris are all good to go. But without Embiid at full strength and thin bench the Hinkies are gettable if they turn the ball over (which they do a lot0 and their 6'11" guard who can't shoot beyond 5 feet gets game planned to take away his drives to the basket and forces him to be a shooter.
                              The Nets earned their way into the playoffs by surviving the toughest month long closing schedule of any team in the East. 7 games on the road out west. against 5 playoff teams and the Lakers. They followed that stretch by drawing 5 games against the top 3 teams in the East. And they made it. You gotta have a swagger after that. The Nets play the same style as Houston and have their wings and guards just bomb away from the arc. If .. and its a big if.. Harris and Dinwidde get hot and Russell has the series of his life they can get the Hinkies. Upset special.. The series goes to 6 games... and the Nets are the ones on top.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 11, 2019, 11:43 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                So here we go... its seems like only yesterday the predictions thread went up and the crystal balls were gazed into.
                                Earnest calls were made for favourite teams and not so favourite teams were slagged as the abject pieces of shit they were.

In August my call was for Raps/Chowders/Bucks/Pacers/Hinkies/Detroit/Nets and Cleveland to make it. 7 out of 8 aint bad

And on we go to the Eastern Quarter Finals.

Bucks vs Detroit. Bucks in 4 or 5. Blake Griffin has knee trouble. Unlike Sharks teeth which do grow back I just don't think whats floating around in Blakes knee grows back till next year post arthroscopic surgery after the season ends. Drummond will play well and Kennard will show he warranted the high draft slot he got. But the lead guards are still Ish Smith and Reggie Jackson. Detroit stinks on the road. so while the Alphabets ankle isn't 100% either and they will be missing both Brodgon and Mirotic for this series the Bucks just have too much for the Pistons. Even if there is optomism that Brogdon will play earlier rather than later those plantar facitis injuries (sic) are what hobbled Demarre Carroll while he was in Toronto.. Hard to see Brogdon coming back at mid season form. when he does return. None of that matters in this series as the Bucks have the edge over the Pistons from the backcourt to the frontcourt to homecourt.... and they got that Greek guy.

Raps vs Magic.. Raps in possibly 5 but definitely 6. The Magic have played playoff like ball for a couple months now and have earned their way in. Their reward is to play an incredibly motivated Raptors squad who are dying to kill the stigma of being playoff pinatas. The Magic don't have a waterbug quick guard that can break down the defense off the dribble that gives the Raps so much trouble. We all remember the deer in the headlights TRoss efforts when he was here. He will be waay better than that.. but not good enough to provide enough shooting along with Evan Fournier to worry the Raps wings. Vucevic is going to get cursed by a lot of us as he puts up some points from the arc and inside ..but in the end ....the Raps just got more horsepower.

Chowders vs PacersChowders in 6. It would be 5 but the torn oblique of one Marcus Smart will hurt the Chowders. I love the optimism that he will be back in 4 to 6 weeks from an oblique. Vladdy G only strained his and he was down for 3-4weeks. Smart tore it. Still the Chowders with Horford making life tough for Myles Turner inside and out. Irving winning one by himself on an insane shooting night just have to much offense for the gritty Pacers to overcome. It won't be easy for Boston as Bogdonvich will light it up without Smart all over him for maybe a split in Boston to give Pacer Nation some hope.. but the Chowders will take this series but have to expend a ton of energy to do it.

Hinkes vs Nets Upsets rarely happen in the NBA in round 1. But if there is a first round upset this is the series.The Hinkies are nicked up as the playoffs open. Embiid is not right and hasn't been for a couple three weeks. He may not play on Saturday. Jimmy Butler has been in and out of the lineup with back issues that flare up from time to time.Its a recurring injury for Jimmy B. Simmons and Reddick and Harris are all good to go. But without Embiid at full strength and thin bench the Hinkies are gettable if they turn the ball over (which they do a lot0 and their 6'11" guard who can't shoot beyond 5 feet gets game planned to take away his drives to the basket and forces him to be a shooter.
                                The Nets earned their way into the playoffs by surviving the toughest month long closing schedule of any team in the East. 7 games on the road out west. against 5 playoff teams and the Lakers. They followed that stretch by drawing 5 games against the top 3 teams in the East. And they made it. You gotta have a swagger after that. The Nets play the same style as Houston and have their wings and guards just bomb away from the arc. If .. and its a big if.. Harris and Dinwidde get hot and Russell has the series of his life they can get the Hinkies. Upset special.. The series goes to 6 games... and the Nets are the ones on top.
                                I see you've come around on the Nets after doubting them welcome to the bandwagon
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X