Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    There is a different form of pressure on management when Lebron is on your roster. If the Lakers are not cutting it by Christmas, a fire sale will occur. Just like the Cavs had last year.

Lakers are definitely making the playoffs. It's just a matter of what seed. I don't think they get home court in the first round, but I don't think Lebron cares about that.
    Lonzo is the player to watch I think. Either he or rondo will be gone if it's not working and depends who's playing worse
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      For the first time in a looooooooooooong time its unbelievable to look at an ESPN prediction that is pretty much in line with what might actually happen as opposed to what they want to happen.

Other than a personal disagreement (mild to boot !) with who makes up the order of finish that says both the Heat and the Wiz make the PO the ESPN "here it is" early season guess fest lines up more with reality than with the usual click bait pandering to a large market but shitty team matrix. It actually lines up pretty well.

One of the Wiz or Heat will flame out this season either by design (tank) or by self inflicted internal strife. Replacing whoever of the wiz or heat does a Hindenburg will be one of the Nets, Knicks or Deadlooks.
      When I first saw those match up's the thing that came to mind is that it looks like they paired all the teams with some bad blood together

Raps vs Det - Casey's old team
      76ers vs Heat - Were some scuffles last season and lots of trash talking
      Celtics vs Wiz - Some bad blood going back to Wall and Crowder
      Warriors vs Blazers - Durrant/CJ Twitter feud
      Rockets vs Thunder - Old teammates going at each other

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
        When I first saw those match up's the thing that came to mind is that it looks like they paired all the teams with some bad blood together

Raps vs Det - Casey's old team
        76ers vs Heat - Were some scuffles last season and lots of trash talking
        Celtics vs Wiz - Some bad blood going back to Wall and Crowder
        Warriors vs Blazers - Durrant/CJ Twitter feud
        Rockets vs Thunder - Old teammates going at each other
        Detroit is bad. I'm interested to see how Casey does. I think that roster is gross

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Detroit is bad. I'm interested to see how Casey does. I think that roster is gross
          Well, they have a formidable front court, and that gives them a base to build around. They aren't set-up to be a fast paced, small ball type team (new age), but most teams aren't so maybe being a good half court team can work for them?

Comment

Well, they have a formidable front court, and that gives them a base to build around. They aren't set-up to be a fast paced, small ball type team (new age), but most teams aren't so maybe being a good half court team can work for them?
            I think Blake Griffin has taken Carmelo Anthony's crown of most overrated player...now that everybody agrees Carmelo does in fact suck

Comment

I think Blake Griffin has taken Carmelo Anthony's crown of most overrated player...now that everybody agrees Carmelo does in fact suck
              You're not among the minority that think that about Griffin. I still think he's pretty good though. Which PF's do you have ahead of him?

Comment

I think Chris Paul had a lot to do with Griffin's success in L.A.

Before, with Griffin as the guy, even though young, were bottom feeders.

After Paul's tenure, they were mediocre. Griffin, like DeRozan, are all-stars, but not superstar players.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                  I think Chris Paul had a lot to do with Griffin's success in L.A.

Before, with Griffin as the guy, even though young, were bottom feeders.

After Paul's tenure, they were mediocre. Griffin, like DeRozan, are all-stars, but not superstar players.
                  I agree, Griffin is very much a DeRozan level talent. And that is pretty good imo.

Comment

I agree, Griffin is very much a DeRozan level talent. And that is pretty good imo.
                    I mean DeRozan level is still a top 30 player. Top 30 player in the best league in the world ain't bad at all...

I'd actually argue Griffin is a level below DeRozan because he can't stay healthy. DeRozan gives you 75+ games basically every year.

Comment

You're not among the minority that think that about Griffin. I still think he's pretty good though. Which PF's do you have ahead of him?
                      Not many but that's not saying much as it's the nba weakest position. Draymond, kristaps when healthy, same tier as love and Aldridge

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        I mean DeRozan level is still a top 30 player. Top 30 player in the best league in the world ain't bad at all...

I'd actually argue Griffin is a level below DeRozan because he can't stay healthy. DeRozan gives you 75+ games basically every year.
                        Yeah Blake was once way better than Demar. 2 years ago they were almost even. DeRozan passed him last year and I suspect will widen the gap this year

Comment

I think my main point is, Griffin is most certainly not 1A material -- like DeRozan, they've underperformed in the post-season when needed, and are great regular season producers. They're in the top 30 players, but... that's different from being a top-10 player.

He as a player can be "formidable." With that current Pistons roster, they might win more than enough to get homecourt advantage with the fourth seed, but... that's if everything goes absolutely right. Realistically, they're a 7th or 8th seed. Overall, to me, that's not very formidable.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

There is a different form of pressure on management when Lebron is on your roster. If the Lakers are not cutting it by Christmas, a fire sale will occur. Just like the Cavs had last year.

Lakers are definitely making the playoffs. It's just a matter of what seed. I don't think they get home court in the first round, but I don't think Lebron cares about that.
                            What do you think a Rondo or a McGee or Stevenson or KCP or Beasly or Deng will get if it comes to a fire sale ?

Its highly unlikely they trade Ingram or Kuzma or Ball who are players on low cost rookie deals. The strategy for LA has been to keep as much cap space as they can for 2019. So that leaves the DI's on one year deals as your trade bait and what you take back also has to be on an expiring deal to stick to the max space plan.

Hard to see how that crew (Rondo or a McGee or Stevenson or KCP or Beasly or Deng ) gets you back any right now talent. As for futures would you take on a Rajon Rondo or a Beasly for even a second round pick ?

So for sure they can put up the for sale sign.. but you need buyers.. and the market for this collection of players is probably pretty thin.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Aug 30, 2018, 03:02 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              What do you think a Rondo or a McGee or Stevenson or KCP or Beasly or Deng will get if it comes to a fire sale ?

Its highly unlikely they trade Ingram or Kuzma or Ball who are low cost rookie deals. The strategy for LA is to keep as much cap space as they can for 2019. So all the DI's and one year deals are guys who are already on one year expiring deals.... so trading them for cap space is redundant.

Trading them for right now help would be a tall tall order. Would you take on a Rajon Rondo or a Beasly for even a second round pick ?

So for sure they can put up the for sale sign.. but you need buyers.. and the market for this collection of players is probably pretty thin.
                              The Lebron pressure though cannot be taken lightly. If desperate enough, the Lakers could offer one of those prospects you mentioned to sweeten a package deal (with someone like Lance, Beasley or McGee) to get a win now player to help Lebron out. That's what I'm not taking for granted. If Lebron is losing, management might scramble to help him out.. even if it f*cks up their future.

Comment

The Lebron pressure though cannot be taken lightly. If desperate enough, the Lakers could offer one of those prospects you mentioned to sweeten a package deal (with someone like Lance, Beasley or McGee) to get a win now player to help Lebron out. That's what I'm not taking for granted. If Lebron is losing, management might scramble to help him out.. even if it f*cks up their future.
                                What about a package around Lonzo Ball and something for Jimmy Butler...spitballing here...Jimmy ain't happy or sticking around by the sounds of it. Ball keeps in the core age of a Wiggins and Towns a little bit

Comment

Working...
                                X