Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Wall didn't play hard for him for last year either. 2nd yr in a row Wall is among the league leaders in "walking or standing" when he doesn't have the ball.
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Easily my favourite NBA stat.
    Please tell me this is a real stat, and where I can find it!

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Zach lowes latest article:
      He never evolved into a 3-point threat. His speed -- the thing that makes Wall special -- manifests only here and there. Last season, only Dirk Nowitzki and DeMarcus Cousins spent a higher percentage of court time than Wall standing still or walking, per Second Spectrum tracking data -- a stat that set off alarm bells throughout the league and within the Wizards.

Nothing has changed this season; Wall has the third-highest such share among all rotation players, behind only James Harden and Marc Gasol. Isolate offense and Wall leads the league in slow time.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        NBA.com/Stats/PettyShaming+Trolling
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          NBA.com/Stats/PettyShaming+Trolling
          I'm sure Bargnani is an all-time leader.

Comment

• I think you can get some of those details from here:
            https://stats.nba.com/players/speed-distance/

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I think you can get some of those details from here:
              https://stats.nba.com/players/speed-distance/
              https://stats.nba.com/players/speed-...G_SPEED&dir=-1

3rd slowest average speed among rotation players this year.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                https://stats.nba.com/players/speed-...G_SPEED&dir=-1

3rd slowest average speed among rotation players this year.
                Surprised to see.. but Lowry is the second slowest on our team (after JV). Kyle is always looking like he's in a hurry.

Comment

I hope Grunfeld keeps his job forever... because nobody needs to see those.
                  Me too.. cuz then we will never have to worry about the Whiz cuz they will suck out loud till he leaves.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

Surprised to see.. but Lowry is the second slowest on our team (after JV). Kyle is always looking like he's in a hurry.
                    We'll have to pay more attention to Lowry when he doesn't have the ball.

Comment

PG's have an artificially decreased speed because their end to end nominal distance is only 3 point arc to 3 point arc rather than endline to endline. So they will always have a slower speed. But Wall is incredibly low even with that consideration.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• About 15% of the way into the season and there are some surprises as there always are. Trick is to see which of these surprises are going to turn into Pumpkins and which arent.

Likely to turn into Pumpkins.

The Wiz are 2 and 8 and 14th overall and are already pumpkins.. Think they stay there.

Charlotte, the Heat and the Pistons are the 6-7-8 teams. Its 5 to midnight for one of these teams and I think its Charlotte. The have beat the llkes of Atlanta/Bulls/Magic/Cavs and the Heat. Everyone else .. no so much.

Phillys run to world domination. Mmmm. No outside shooting after the very good JJ Reddick. They get in for sure given who they have to beat.. but after being touted as a contender... they likely start the PO on the road and thats being a pumpkin vs expectations.

The Timberpups. If it could go wrong it did. Just wow.

The Lakers. Big expectations for a marquee franchise after inking the best player in the game. Its going to be really tough just to get to the playoffs for a team that was picked to win 48 plus games and perhaps win a round in the playoffs. I know. Never bet against Lebron.. but this might be the year.

A pumpkin yesterday. A pumpkin today. A pumpkin for the next couple years. The Suns.

The Glass Slipper Just might fit

The Brooklyn Nets. A half game out. They are going to catch one of the Heat/Pistons/Hornets. After years of Billy Knight induced purgatory the Nets look poised to make the playoffs and have two first round picks this year. The old Titanic Division might now be the strongest in the NBA putting 4 teams in the post season. Da Raps / Chowda / Hinkies / Nets .

The former Excremento Kings are now no longer the punch line of jokes. The Raps are a good enough team that they are measuring stick games when they play and take the oppositions best shots. The Kings gave it that shot last night and lost but that roster looks pretty good. Fox can handle the ball. Marvin Bagley is good now and will only get better. Buddy Hield isn't Steph Curry but he is finally the threat from 3 that he was drafted for. Cauley-Stien is mobile and can clean the glass. The Kings are going to make life miserable for teams coming into the Golden 1 Centre Arena this year.

The Denver Nuggets have been the best team outside the playoffs for a couple years. Not this year. They are in and they are still waiting to get back Isiah Thomas and Will Barton. Homecourt at altitude will make for a tough out.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Nov 8, 2018, 08:29 PM. Reason: editing to Golden 1 Arena from Sleep Train Arena
                        - TGO

Comment

• Well...the myth of the raw invincibility of the Warriors took one in the chops last night. The Bucks hung one on them. The Deer using their size inside swept the boards clean and racked up 13 oboards and GSW turned it over a lot which gave the Deer at least 15 to 20 more attempts. True dat that everything that went up fell in for the Bucks ....but GSW did shoot close to 50% as well.

One of .....or can the Warriors be had in a series ?

Houston put up 80 last night. Nope not in the first half but in total.
                          Wonder if Morey ups his ante for Jimmy B.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Well...the myth of the raw invincibility of the Warriors took one in the chops last night. The Bucks hung one on them. The Deer using their size inside swept the boards clean and racked up 13 oboards and GSW turned it over a lot which gave the Deer at least 15 to 20 more attempts. True dat that everything that went up fell in for the Bucks ....but GSW did shoot close to 50% as well.

One of .....or can the Warriors be had in a series ?

Houston put up 80 last night. Nope not in the first half but in total.
                            Wonder if Morey ups his ante for Jimmy B
                            Rockets are in deep trouble. If Houston punts this year, how many more at bats does Chris Paul have? Or does Morey swindle Magic and send CP3 down the river on a banana boat to join Lebron?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Rockets are in deep trouble. If Houston punts this year, how many more at bats does Chris Paul have? Or does Morey swindle Magic and send CP3 down the river on a banana boat to join Lebron?
                              If Houston falls short again this year... I think its called strike 3 for CP3. A lot of hard miles on a soon to be 34 year old who has a history of injury. Not sure how much is left in the tank after this year.

Magic has his work cut out for him. Theres a line of thought out there that Lebron hasn't had much success in attracting impact players save for Bosh. Bosh did go to Miami.. but Wade was already there. Irving was already in Cleveland and they traded for Love but no other impact star level player came to Cleveland via FA. The Lakers had room for George this summer along with Lebron but George said no. Does Magic make a kneejerk trade if Houston goes south and Paul is available.. ... maybe but it sure marginalizes Ball.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Pretty flattering article on the work done by Ujiri and the talent he has assembled. Also a nod that the Raps are right there right now and if they hang on to Leonard for a while to come.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X