Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    If Houston falls short again this year... I think its called strike 3 for CP3. A lot of hard miles on a soon to be 34 year old who has a history of injury. Not sure how much is left in the tank after this year.

Magic has his work cut out for him. Theres a line of thought out there that Lebron hasn't had much success in attracting impact players save for Bosh. Bosh did go to Miami.. but Wade was already there. Irving was already in Cleveland and they traded for Love but no other impact star level player came to Cleveland via FA. The Lakers had room for George this summer along with Lebron but George said no. Does Magic make a kneejerk trade if Houston goes south and Paul is available.. ... maybe but it sure marginalizes Ball.
    Whenever there is a "star" player available.. Houston is always in the mix. Morey loves them, even if they are past their prime (see Melo or Howard).

Houston needs depth though.. and I don't know if Morey has it in him to give up a star like Paul for a bunch of role players that can actually help him win. But I do sense a panic move coming sooner than later.

Comment

Pretty flattering article on the work done by Ujiri and the talent he has assembled. Also a nod that the Raps are right there right now and if they hang on to Leonard for a while to come.
      Tjarks is my new favourite basketball writer.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Tjarks is my new favourite basketball writer.
        What you tjarkin bout willis
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Pretty flattering article on the work done by Ujiri and the talent he has assembled. Also a nod that the Raps are right there right now and if they hang on to Leonard for a while to come.
          It's already been said here but worth repeating:

The Kawhi trade was about more than just Kawhi. The Raptors also unloaded two of their only nonshooters (DeMar DeRozan and Jakob Poeltl) for two elite 3-and-D players in Kawhi and Danny Green. The result was a domino effect within the rotation that pushed players into more natural roles. The Raptors went from starting two traditional big men (Valanciunas and Serge Ibaka) and a reluctant outside shooter (DeRozan) to surrounding one big with four shooters at all times. Playing in that much space is like hitting in Coors Field. All five starters are averaging career highs: Kawhi, Ibaka, and Siakam in points, Lowry in assists, and Green in 3-point percentage.

Lowry’s passing has gone to another level. He was the king of the tough shot in an isolation-heavy attack over the past few seasons. The Raptors tried to run a more free-flowing offense, but there was only so much they could do given the limitations of their personnel. Those limitations are gone. Lowry has almost doubled his assist average, from 6.9 to 11.3, while his 2-point field goal percentage has skyrocketed, from 47.4 percent on 4.5 attempts per game to 61.1 percent on 6.0 attempts. Lowry and DeRozan are great friends, but Lowry fits better with Kawhi. There’s no awkward 1A and 1B arrangement. Kawhi is the primary scorer. Lowry is the primary playmaker
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Some pretty good storyline games coming up in the next couple days....

Tonight

Gords return to his Mormon roots. Can't think the welcome will be godly. Utah finally got off that really weird start where they were oh-fer at home. Tonight they get the Chowders on a second game of a back to back. Boston expended more energy than they had to reeling the Suns in after they spotted them 20 points. Have to lean to Utah tonight.

Washington plays Orlando tonight. Orlando is again pretty poor. To quote the great scholar Markieff Morris. "The better team doesn't always win". Prophetic. The corpse that is the Whiz take another loss on their march to implosion.

Saturday

Fresh off their ass whooping of the Warriors the Bucks take on a decent Clips squad. The adrenalin rush once it runs its course leaves you a little lacking. Watch for the Clips to eke out a win over the Deer now that they have their signature win of the season so far.

The Lakers hop on the shuttle and venture up to Sacto to take on the Kings. We have seen both teams on the Raps West Coast swing. The Kings just keep coming. They don't have Lebron. But they also don't have Ball / Rondo / Stephenson / McGee and host of others that don't have the motors the young Kings have. #LukeWatch is still on and when the Lakers lose this one to the Kings it will pick up speed.

On the Florida tour the Whiz get a back to back in South Beach with the Heat. Will back to back losses and an oh-fer weekend in Florida be enough to get Scotty Brooks fired or someone traded ?
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Nov 9, 2018, 05:01 PM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Rockets are in deep trouble. If Houston punts this year, how many more at bats does Chris Paul have? Or does Morey swindle Magic and send CP3 down the river on a banana boat to join Lebron?
              I was thinking this earlier. I bet CP3 will be a laker. They have cap room and youth and Houston will panic soon and realize he’s not worth his contract.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                I was thinking this earlier. I bet CP3 will be a laker. They have cap room and youth and Houston will panic soon and realize he’s not worth his contract.
                Daryl Morey never panics...
                Magic Johnson if he makes that deal for Paul for one of his younger players and a pick.. will have gone full Dolan Knicks in my view....
                - TGO

Comment

Magic Johnson if he makes that deal for Paul for one of his younger players and a pick.. will have gone full Dolan Knicks in my view....
                  Yea but if Lebron and rich Paul are in Magic’s ear when the Lakers are struggling to be the 8th seed can totally see the Lakers making a move for Lebron’s BFF.

Comment

Morey, hate him or love him, has definitely revolutionized the game. He always follows his system and doesn't panic.

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                    Yea but if Lebron and rich Paul are in Magic’s ear when the Lakers are struggling to be the 8th seed can totally see the Lakers making a move for Lebron’s BFF.
                    Magic and the Lakers are bigger than Lebron and Rich Paul. I think Magic has to have full control of the ship or the Lakers will become the Cavs (this year) when Lebron ages/retires.

Comment

• I hope we play the Pisstons. I want to crush Casey.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                        I hope we play the Pisstons. I want to crush Casey.
                        Tough love baby. I agree

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                          I hope we play the Pisstons. I want to crush Casey.
                          I would love to draw the Pistons in round 1.. for a couple of reasons ...
                          1. We match up so well against them.. we are a nightmare for them.
                          2. It means Dwane took that .. lets say eclectic ... array of players that Stan acquired and made the show.. good on Dwane...
                          3. It might be our first ever po sweep in the right direction and guarantees us the 12:30 Saturday game because of the drawing power of the Pistons and Raps on ESPN. . Nothing like tradition.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Nov 10, 2018, 12:01 PM.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Butler to Philly.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Butler to Philly.
                              This trade probably cements them at 3rd, behind Toronto and Boston. Milwaukee cools down eventually to fifth, Indiana is solid at 4th.

The East is honestly so much better than in years past.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                                This trade probably cements them at 3rd, behind Toronto and Boston. Milwaukee cools down eventually to fifth, Indiana is solid at 4th.

The East is honestly so much better than in years past.
                                The problem with the East is you have a few good teams and everyone else is just so far away from being remotely competitive. In the West you have the clear contenders and then a solid group of good teams like Portland, Denver etc. before you fall off a cliff in terms of competitive teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X