Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    How legit as playoff threats are the Nuggets and the Pacers?

Each having great seasons, Pacers keep making gains on the top of the East yet no one is talking about them.
    Not legit. Nuggets will be beat by golden state if lebron doesnt get them first. Pacers are a fun team, like the old celtics or old hawks. We've all seen enough playoffs here to have it sink in that once they get going the top 3 to 5 players in the world beat these fun "sum of their parts" teams
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Each having great seasons, Pacers keep making gains on the top of the East yet no one is talking about them.
      Out west the Warriors are still the team to beat......If anyone can beat them in a 7 gamer my money is on either of OKC or Denver. Denver is going to get some more help when Thomas and Milsap get back ....They have the best chance outside of anyone not named GSW of getting to the WCF when all those players are back and good to go.

Indy sit in the three slot right now and I think it would take a real stumble from the Bucks for the Pacers to get to 2nd. To me I think they are good enough to get to the 2nd round. Are they better than the Raps.. a biased no. .. than the Bucks... prolly not.... Philly and Boston.. 50/50 So... don't see them getting to the ECF this year unless they add a player as good or better than Olidipo...

One for you.... The Utah Jazz are 3 back of the last playoff spot..... Are they going to make it...I am thinking no....
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Dec 28, 2018, 07:18 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• The NCAA has the BIG 12, the BIG 10 and in name only the BIG EAST (once the best GD basketball conference of all time no holds barred)

The NBA East has the BIG 5.

One of the members of the Big 5 ... The Hinkies... have a 5 game road trip that will take them out of the East and away from home for the first time this year. So far they are 1 and 1. They got reeled in by Boston and then handed the Mormons their asses last night... Next 3 see them up against Portland / Clips and the Desert Dogs with Fleas. the Suns.. Anything less than 2 and 3 will cause acid reflux in Philly. And 2 and 3 isn't special either.

The Chowders are on the road for 3 of the 5 game segment. They got by the Hinkies at home.. and got dusted by the Rockets and now continue the charter to Memphis and San Antonio and then head home for the Timberpups. The Chowders are going to be in tough to come home 1 and 1. They should be able handle the pups...3 and 2

The undermanned Raps took it on the chin in HinkieTown and squeaked out a win in SouthBeach and you have to like thier odds against the sinking Magic... the tanking Bulls and the suddenly scuffling Jazz. 4up and 1down is the most likely outcome as the Raps bring back the walking wounded.

Indy gets a feel good dose of Atlanta twice .. the tanking Bulls and the scuffling Pistons before hitting the road to take on the Raps... 4 and 1... maybe even 5 and 0.

Its not outrageous or biased to look at it this way.. The outcomes suggest that both the Hinkies and Boston if they continue current course and speed and don't make a personnel move are going to be landing anywhere between 3 and 5 as long as the Raptors and Bucks don't suffer an unforeseen slump or an injury. Indy is in the mix even though they are rarely spoken about. It all means a really good year of high end ball to be seen when one of these teams is playing the other.

Eastern Conference Playoff ball is going to be fun and uber competitive to watch in round 2 ... and we get the bonus of watching the 4 vs 5 matchup which is going to be a death or glory series... Guessing its Indy vs Philly.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Dec 28, 2018, 07:00 PM.
        - TGO

Comment

• We have a better chance to get Giannis. If Davis leaves NOLA he isnt coming to Toronto.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

you have to like thier odds against the sinking Magic...
            I felt the need to cut down the unnecessary bs and just highlight your once again failed prediction. No offense buddy but it seems you are making this a norm. Retirement is an option 😉.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
              I felt the need to cut down the unnecessary bs and just highlight your once again failed prediction. No offense buddy but it seems you are making this a norm. Retirement is an option ��.
              None taken Chief...
              - TGO

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                We have a better chance to get Giannis. If Davis leaves NOLA he isnt coming to Toronto.
                Well that was the prevailing thinking about Kawhi as well...and here he is.
                Never know.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Dec 29, 2018, 02:52 PM.
                - TGO

Comment

I felt the need to cut down the unnecessary bs and just highlight your once again failed prediction. No offense buddy but it seems you are making this a norm. Retirement is an option 😉.
                  NOOOOO. Demo daliy breakdowns of the NBA landscape is one of the best contribution to this board. Your telling me you were predicting a loss to orlando? Not even Nostradamus saw that stinker coming. Keep up the good work demo
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    NOOOOO. Demo daliy breakdowns of the NBA landscape is one of the best contribution to this board. Your telling me you were predicting a loss to orlando? Not even Nostradamus saw that stinker coming. Keep up the good work demo
                    Not to worry...The Claw Reborn is just a “get offa my lawn” kinda guy. Not that I worry at all about what the Claw thinks. He really doesn’t mean the things he says.

Except for the Demar stuff..

I’m pretty sure he meant that.

- TGO

Comment

I have been talking about them; said "don't sleep on the Pacers" a couple of times this week, and earlier. I also said they could upset any of the Raps, 76ers , Celtics or Bucks and it wouldn't be an epic surprise. In fact, any of them could beat the others and it wouldn't be an epic surprise. Lebron leaving (and Celtics underperforming) has contributed to more parity in the upper end of the East, not some huge obvious opportunity for the Raptors alone like some fans seem to think

Comment

• John Wall has gone full Carmello Anthony and is having, at his discretion, a season ending surgical procedure. If it was anyone other than Wall.. you have an erg of sympathy.

The Whiz have their own pick this year. I suppose Beal and Porter could derail the plans by starting to play hard and win games now that the problem in DC is checking out.

If that indeed does start to happen....Get ready for the fire sale.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          None taken Chief...
                          bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Not to worry...The Claw Reborn is just a “get offa my lawn” kinda guy. Not that I worry at all about what the Claw thinks. He really doesn’t mean the things he says.

Except for the Demar stuff..

I’m pretty sure he meant that.

It’s all for show from The Claw hahaha. RR is thriving because of posters like DS ... cheers !

All I want for the New Year is good health for my fav team and a legitimate shot to win that Larry O trophy.

Comment

It’s all for show from The Claw hahaha. RR is thriving because of posters like DS ... cheers !

All I want for the New Year is good health for my fav team and a legitimate shot to win that Larry O trophy.
                            See.... but he really means it about DD. This year or in the new year...
                            - TGO

Comment

• So everybody’s talking about how we need to get a shooter. Where is this shooter gonna slot in? I know we’re going through a tough stretch right now but if we can come back healthy, where is there room? Even though our starting lineup has seen a dozen variations due to injury, when healthy, it’s set. Each of the players led the league in on-off stats when they were able to play together. So if we go into the playoffs with KL-squared, Danny Green, Siakam and Ibaka, you think any of those guys subs out of there for a shooter? I don’t. JV as our primary scoring option coming off the bench and to take on bigger body centers, if matchups dictate. Other than that, we should always have 1 or 2 of Kyle, Kawhi, or Pascal on the floor at all times. Can Fred OG and Delon fill in to flesh that out? I’d say yes. We saw them do it continuously when the starting unit was healthy. Norm is playing well again, and we’ve seen how effective his D can be in the playoffs. CJ is all but done. Sure.

I mean, yeah, there are upgrades that could be made on FVV, Delon, OG, I suppose, but they’re still all very useful players that have shown when they’re used in the proper role, they can contribute more than effectively.

I know we’d love to have 15 all stars on our roster but that’s not the way life works.

I’m just hoping for Health. Health. Health.

Comment

• The bucks will be the biggest test for the raps in the playoffs. I think we can take the other contenders, but giannis and company are a tough matchup for us. If we don't shoot the 3 really well, we lose. Hopefully the celts or 6ers will get the chance to take them out first.

Comment

Working...
                                X