Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Definitely not discounting the East’s top 5, (which is stronger than it’s been in ages) — though it severely drops off after that. Meanwhile, the West is pretty reasonable 1 through 14... ha.
    The NBA is not a league that strives for parity. The East is really top heavy as you say....but the second round of the playoffs and the 4vs 5 game in the first round are going to be epic and make up for it....

The West.. This is as good as it gets. Its the Charge of the Light Brigade every night. Six (6) games..yes 6 measly games in the loss column separate 3rd from 14. If your a season ticket holder its the best season ever as every game matters. But it gets better..... from 6th to 14th.. its only 4 games in the loss column. Wonder if anyone will have anything left in the tank by mid April....
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Under the heading of "Stop Picking at Scabs Demo" couresy of either Goldblum or Maury or maybe SR..but it was a great one liner from whoever....

A couple more losses... or maybe another instance where Irving doesn't get to take the last shot in a close game to close it out should fuel the always steady NY media into making this a thing...

https://nypost.com/2019/01/13/kyrie-...indow-opening/
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jan 14, 2019, 11:33 AM.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Under the heading of "Stop Picking at Scabs Demo" couresy of either Goldblum or Maury or maybe SR..but it was a great one liner from whoever....

A couple more losses... or maybe another instance where Irving doesn't get to take the last shot in a close game to close it out should fuel the always steady NY media into making this a thing...

I watched some of the Celtics/Orlando game the other night. Boston looked completely out-of-sync. It seemed like they blew a ten-point lead about 4 or 5 times. I laughed at the shit-kicking Nurse/Casey would have taken on here if it had been the Raps. I haven't watched them enough to understand the problem but, from where I stand, it seems as if a big part of the problem is that they have too many guys (Irving, Tatum, Brown, Hayward, and even Horford) who are all at their most effective with the ball. Sadly for them, there is only one ball. I really thought moving Hayward and Brown to the bench would solve the issue but it doesn't appear it has had any lasting impact.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          I watched some of the Celtics/Orlando game the other night. Boston looked completely out-of-sync. It seemed like they blew a ten-point lead about 4 or 5 times. I laughed at the shit-kicking Nurse/Casey would have taken on here if it had been the Raps. I haven't watched them enough to understand the problem but, from where I stand, it seems as if a big part of the problem is that they have too many guys (Irving, Tatum, Brown, Hayward, and even Horford) who are all at their most effective with the ball. Sadly for them, there is only one ball. I really thought moving Hayward and Brown to the bench would solve the issue but it doesn't appear it has had any lasting impact.
          Careful Slaw... your treading on the proven science of Jinxism.... ​Il Malocchio... the sober judgement at the Salem Witch Trials or the fictional Dickens accounts of the wait and see attitude of Madame Defarge during the guillotine phases of the revolution...

For me as the commitee of one....the Chowders just have too much invested in the same asset class....While the folks at RR fixate on a Beal trade that isn't totally necessary at this writing the Chowders have not lived up to expectations that were bestowed on them at the seasons outset and with an ever widening gap between pre season expectations and actuals as of Jan 14th its the Chowderheads that are more likely to make a trade. With an eye to freeing up playing time for their 12,748 really really good wings and ballhandlers one of Brown/Smart/Morris/.Rozier....shit even Irving...is a more likely trade option of coming to fruition than Ujiri making a mid season deal to incorporate yet a third player into his team.

Who goes.. if anyone .. is anyones guess. But whatever is done to inject some life into the Squids... its not going to be for Anthony Davis.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jan 14, 2019, 01:50 PM.
          - TGO

Comment

Careful Slaw... your treading on the proven science of Jinxism.... ​Il Malocchio... the sober judgement at the Salem Witch Trials or the fictional Dickens accounts of the wait and see attitude of Madame Defarge during the guillotine phases of the revolution...
            Oh, don't get me wrong. The Celtics are the one team that I would prefer not to play in the playoffs. The Pacers are a good series for the Raps as are the Sixers. Just don't feel as though either of those teams provides much in the way of match-up problems for Toronto. Milwaukee is a bit of a wild card in my opinion cause I'm not sure if that offense translates to the playoffs.

Boston, though, has playoff experience, should be healthy, and there are all sorts of ball handlers and playmakers to contain. Plus, you know they will step up the defense for the playoffs. And, as you know DS, they have the greatest coaching genius in the history of coaching geniuses and the Raptors are coached by the worst coach in the history of coaching....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              Oh, don't get me wrong. The Celtics are the one team that I would prefer not to play in the playoffs. The Pacers are a good series for the Raps as are the Sixers. Just don't feel as though either of those teams provides much in the way of match-up problems for Toronto. Milwaukee is a bit of a wild card in my opinion cause I'm not sure if that offense translates to the playoffs.

Boston, though, has playoff experience, should be healthy, and there are all sorts of ball handlers and playmakers to contain. Plus, you know they will step up the defense for the playoffs. And, as you know DS, they have the greatest coaching genius in the history of coaching geniuses and the Raptors are coached by the worst coach in the history of coaching....
              The architect of the most sublime and effortless ball movement offense combined with the most seamlessly switchable defense that has ever graced the hardwood of the NBA... which hasn't won dick on stick yet.....

However a genius for the ages none the less....

Woofing aside.. the Clitlics aren't the first choice to draw in round 2....Agree that either of the Pacers or the Hinkies would be a good draw for the locals in spite of their dearth of coaching talent....
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jan 14, 2019, 05:01 PM.
              - TGO

Comment

• Celtics are great at home.. and kind of suck on the road. I think they have 1 playoff road win in the last 3 or 4 years (and that was against Philly last year.. a game that went to O/T).

If the Raptors play them.. the Raps should have HCA. Up 6.5 games right now, and the Raps have a favourable schedule to finish the season. And the last time Boston won in Toronto during the regular season was in 2015.

I'd feel good about playing them in the playoffs. Bucks are the most dangerous just because of Giannis and the calls he'll get. And they have guys that can kill us like Ilyasova, Brogdon or Maker (for some reason).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Celtics are great at home.. and kind of suck on the road. I think they have 1 playoff road win in the last 3 or 4 years (and that was against Philly last year.. a game that went to O/T).

If the Raptors play them.. the Raps should have HCA. Up 6.5 games right now, and the Raps have a favourable schedule to finish the season. And the last time Boston won in Toronto during the regular season was in 2015.

I'd feel good about playing them in the playoffs. Bucks are the most dangerous just because of Giannis and the calls he'll get. And they have guys that can kill us like Ilyasova, Brogdon or Maker (for some reason).
                  The Bucks have no secondary playmaking, though, so it really comes down to making life tough for Giannis and it seems to me the Raps are well-suited to that task. It's funny you mention the calls, I actually think that Milwaukee is the one team out of all the East top dogs that the Raps might get a favorable whistle against...

Comment

.. the Clitlics aren't the first choice to draw in round 2....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      I'm scared of that gif.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

This is me about to make my point over yours.........

- TGO

Comment

Under the heading of "Stop Picking at Scabs Demo" couresy of either Goldblum or Maury or maybe SR..but it was a great one liner from whoever....

For the record, it was SR. Keon never forgets.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

and its picking up steam

- TGO

Comment

and its picking up steam

Fragile Raps fans have to brace themselves for that one in the playoffs.

Comment

Fragile Raps fans have to brace themselves for that one in the playoffs.
                                I hope so .... Kawhi doesn't like being told what he's going to do

Comment

Working...
                                X