Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    If we presume that they are the most difficult team to beat, why should we presume some other team will beat them for us? And if, say, the 76ers get good enough to beat the Celtics, shouldn't we then be worried about them?

It's silly. We wanna win the East, we should plan on beating everyone else in it.
    I understand your logic —I can just see getting knocked out by Celtics but I can see us beating Bucks or Sixers. DanH as you know emotion and mental toughness plays a huge role in how a playoff series can go. Mentally I think Celtics could break us down but in the same respect I think we are mentally stronger than Bucks or Sixers. Bucks are awesome team but if you stop Greek Freak you’ll beat them. Celtics , though they have struggled at times, will be tough come playoff time from talent , intensity and mental toughness .

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      I understand your logic —I can just see getting knocked out by Celtics but I can see us beating Bucks or Sixers. DanH as you know emotion and mental toughness plays a huge role in how a playoff series can go. Mentally I think Celtics could break us down but in the same respect I think we are mentally stronger than Bucks or Sixers. Bucks are awesome team but if you stop Greek Freak you’ll beat them. Celtics , though they have struggled at times, will be tough come playoff time from talent , intensity and mental toughness .
      Okay, so why would you expect the mentally weak Bucks or 76ers to be able to eliminate the playoff-tough Celtics for us?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Okay, so why would you expect the mentally weak Bucks or 76ers to be able to eliminate the playoff-tough Celtics for us?
        Possibly. I get your point I just see things s little differently. I think Sixers could eliminate Celtics. From my perspective I’m thinking what gives us best chance to get NBA finals. If you look at formula CAVS used most recently they didn’t care so much about seeding. Yes I know we don’t have LBJ.

Comment

• Yeah, the bucks and celts are a big problem for us. They are at least on the same level but i'd give them the edge in a 7 game series. Our offence just isnt that great...kawhi and lowry have got some figuring out to do, kawhi mostly, but lowry just isnt where he needs to be. Although i'm loving lowry's passing this season.

Comment

Possibly. I get your point I just see things s little differently. I think Sixers could eliminate Celtics. From my perspective I’m thinking what gives us best chance to get NBA finals. If you look at formula CAVS used most recently they didn’t care so much about seeding. Yes I know we don’t have LBJ.
            It's OK to not care about seeding. Caring about seeding to the extent that you'd rather place 2nd than 1st and hope the teams you are terrified of will get eliminated by someone else is silly. Stop being terrified of teams and hoping to duck them. The Raptors will go as far as they deserve and no further. How far you think that is is up to you.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Though I had no doubt that Lebron and his Cavs really tried to make sure that they match with the ever submissive Raptors then.

Having to avoid a more difficult match up team and positioning self against someone you confidently can beat in the playoffs is not bad of a strategy.

Less labor the better en route to the bigger prize.

Comment

• Bring on all comers. Cant wait for late April.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH really man you need to start letting other people think outside of the paradigm that you've created for yourself when it comes to the NBA.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    DanH really man you need to start letting other people think outside of the paradigm that you've created for yourself when it comes to the NBA.
                    Yeah Dan. Stop controlling everyone else's thoughts. #svengali

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Yeah Dan. Stop controlling everyone else's thoughts. #svengali
                      Nowhere near as bad as that thead guy.

Comment

• And the madness begins.

The Celtics can't trade for Davis right now because of a CBA proviso however the Lakers can. Not that the optics on one of Lebrons longtime friend and agent and his company would ever do something to give a leg up on the competition while at the same time lowering the price for Davis.

No sir... Rich and Lebron would be insulted by that spurious claim.

Adam Silver must be reaching for the Advil or Tylenol or maybe Johnny Walker Blue.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jan 28, 2019, 09:48 AM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

And the madness begins.

The Celtics can't trade for Davis right now because of a CBA proviso however the Lakers can. Not that the optics on one of Lebrons longtime friend and agent and his company would ever do something to give a leg up on the competition while at the same time lowering the price for Davis.

No sir... Rich and Lebron would be insulted by that spurious claim.

Adam Silver must be reaching for the Advil or Tylenol or maybe Johnny Walker Blue.
                          Meh, I'm pretty sure Adam Silver would be thrilled to have AD and Lebron in LA. Other than their fans, no one cares about the Pelicans, not even their owner.

Comment

You'll definitely have the top 5 jockeying for position the last month. No one is going to want to be fifth seed so there's that. Then you'll have someone angling to play an Oladipo-less Indian team. There will be shenanigans.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Meh, I'm pretty sure Adam Silver would be thrilled to have AD and Lebron in LA. Other than their fans, no one cares about the Pelicans, not even their owner.
                              You got that right. Apparently NBA ratings on TNT ratings are down 22% (!) and Silver acknowledged that it was because Lebron changed time zones. He says he's not concerned about it (uh, yeah right). He's probably leading the AD trade bandwagon to get LA relevant again, asap.

Comment

• Who and what would LA offer for AD?

Comment

Working...
                                X