X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    You just flipped their switch.
    LOL !
    Cmon Maury... Look at what Urjiri has put on the floor for his shot at it..."it" is championship that doesn't come along very often.

You have an all world wing in Leonard...
    Two all NBA guys who are a bit long in the tooth (but no so long that they can't find another gear) who see that this just might be their best kick at the can in their respective careers in Marc and Kyle...
    You got a guy who has been there and done that in Danny Green who wouldn't mind another ring and like gasol and lowry has gas in the tank...
    You got an up and coming PF/SF whose motor never idles in Siakam who is going to be a kick ass player for years to come and a mirror image of him in OG....
    You got Jeremy Lin who wants to ball it up and shove it up the ass of all those teams and doubters that say he is a one hit wonder from his run in NYC
    You got Freddy and Norm who no one gave a chance too who also burn like Lin....
    You got Serge who sees he can get back for another run at it and make good when OKC flamed out the last time he got there...

The Raps are loaded and they got something to prove... what makes them the favourite in the east is that this might be it..their shot..and if you are of that mindset you play harder.. you play tougher.. you overlook and play through shit physically ... because you might not have this chance again.

Boston can flip something.. but its not a switch...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Mar 4, 2019, 03:17 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Hey Demo remember how all last season a few of us kept saying "Boston sucks!" and they couldn't keep pulling last second wins out of their asses forever?

Well we were wrong in that they did keep it up for one full season, but half a year later it sure looks like karma's a bitch.

Brad Stevens = Overrated
      Boston = SUCKS
      Genius is often a year ahead of their time....
      - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Hey Demo remember how all last season a few of us kept saying "Boston sucks!" and they couldn't keep pulling last second wins out of their asses forever?

Well we were wrong in that they did keep it up for one full season, but half a year later it sure looks like karma's a bitch.

Brad Stevens = Overrated
        Boston = SUCKS
        You forgot:

Kyrie - Lebron < > Winner

Comment

• Serious question has Kyrie ever won a playoff series without Lebron?
          He was hurt last year and Cleveland was terrible without Lebron. The answer is no right?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
            Serious question has Kyrie ever won a playoff series without Lebron?
            He was hurt last year and Cleveland was terrible without Lebron. The answer is no right?
            you are correct sir...
            - TGO

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
              Serious question has Kyrie ever won a playoff series without Lebron?
              He's never even been in a playoff game without LeBron. Kyrie is so overrated as a winner.

Comment

• Watched The Jump today.. the jump is pure WWF entertainment for the NBA... lots of fluff.. but not much hard core NBA analysis..Trracy McGrady is especially entertaining ... you know he is dim when the on air host Rachel Nichols has to explain things to him...

What was interesting today is that Brian Windhurst .. who is a bona fide NBA insider....said he thought the that Chowderheads could.. after searching for their game for 75% of the season.. find their game next week under the couch and subsequently win the East....I think he filled his quota of LA Lakers and Boston Celtic promotions after that whopper...

I like Windhurst ...and I don't know if ESPN has pictures of him with a farm animal... but thats almost borderline stupid... the puff piece continues on where he says it would be hard for them to beat Philly in the opening round if the playoffs started today and they had to face Philly.... and it would be really hard to beat Toronto.... and then they would have to play the Bucks... so he saved face with that.. but to say that the Clitlics still have a chance to be the best team in the East must have pained him ....

So on a clear day.. with no wind... and good luck.... they could get out of the East....even if there is a divide wider than the San Andreas fault in the locker room and their best player is pouting like someone told her she can't watch little pony dance party for a month...
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Mar 4, 2019, 04:48 PM.
                - TGO

Comment

• I'm starting to get the idea demographic shift is not a big Boston guy
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• keonclark wrote: View Post
                    i'm starting to get the idea demographic shift is not a big boston guy
                    lmfao !
                    - TGO

Comment

• Pacers have an absolutely nasty schedule coming up, brutal month of March. Including @Philly. I'd go as far as to say if they lose the Philly it's curtains for them getting 3rd seed. I think this is what we're looking at:

1. Milwaukee
                      2. Toronto
                      3. Philly
                      4. Indy
                      5. Boston

6-8: who gives a shit

Comment

• If anyone is curious

Marc vs Embiid H2H http://bkref.com/tiny/MCa5k
                        Serge vs Embiid H2H http://bkref.com/tiny/HluTX

It would be a real battle against Philly but I think Simmons's inability to shoot is a gigantic Achilles heel.

Comment

• https://nesn.com/2019/03/nba-rumors-...ics-teammates/

It seems as if Kyrie Irving’s outward discontent is legitimate.

The Boston Celtics guard has become increasingly moody and decreasingly chatty amid what’s turning into a season to forget for the Green.

Irving seemingly is out of answers after yet another loss Sunday — this one to the Houston Rockets at TD Garden — and a report from The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor seems to indicate the 26-year-old is growing increasingly unhappy.

“Sources around the team told me that Irving’s persona has changed, too: He’s become disengaged and detached from those around the team,” O’Connor wrote Monday.

The taxing season apparently has Irving changing his tune about his future. Irving told fans before the season he planned to sign a long-term contract extension with the Celtics, and according to O’Connor, Irving told his teammates the same thing. However, O’Connor also alluded to “talk that Irving’s friendships on the team start and end with (Jayson) Tatum.”
                          you hate to see it.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Pacers have an absolutely nasty schedule coming up, brutal month of March. Including @Philly. I'd go as far as to say if they lose the Philly it's curtains for them getting 3rd seed. I think this is what we're looking at:

1. Milwaukee
                            2. Toronto
                            3. Philly
                            4. Indy
                            5. Boston

6-8: who gives a shit
                            I think Boston gets the 4 seed even with their Kyrie issues. Baynes has been hurt. He's so important for them. They are like a completely different team when he's on the court and when he's not.

I think it's because Horford gets more rest and doesn't have to bang with bigger guys. Horford has been the reason why Boston's been so good the last few years. I hope he opts out this year and goes out West. One of my favourite NBA players but can't cheer for the guy because of the team he's on.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              If anyone is curious

Marc vs Embiid H2H http://bkref.com/tiny/MCa5k
                              Serge vs Embiid H2H http://bkref.com/tiny/HluTX

It would be a real battle against Philly but I think Simmons's inability to shoot is a gigantic Achilles heel.
                              I like Philly's starters (that's maybe the best starting 5 in the league outside GSW) but I believe that Toronto matches up particularly well against them defensively, while offering some issues for Philly on the other end of the floor. Lowry and Siakam especially, I think, pose unusual problems for Philly, especially given the need to focus on Leonard.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I think Boston gets the 4 seed even with their Kyrie issues. Baynes has been hurt. He's so important for them. They are like a completely different team when he's on the court and when he's not.

I think it's because Horford gets more rest and doesn't have to bang with bigger guys. Horford has been the reason why Boston's been so good the last few years. I hope he opts out this year and goes out West. One of my favourite NBA players but can't cheer for the guy because of the team he's on.
                                I dunno 3 games back with 18 left is no joke. If Pacers go 9-9 then celtics have to go 12-6 just to tie. They play @warriors tomorrow to start a 4 game California trip. You gotta think they need at least split those 4.

Pacers and celtics still play each other twice, once in each building which could all but decide it

Comment

Working...
                                X