Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I don't know anymore how much Kerr unlocked the Warriors vs Mark Jackson just had them before their prime. Curry made his first ASG in Jackson's last season there. Klay wasn't an AS yet. Draymond didn't break out and make an ASG yet. All three of those guys were still in their early to mid 20's and not in their NBA primes with Jackson. Huge difference in where they were at in their careers under the two coaches. So Kerr figured out the Lineup of Death but he also got to coach prime Curry/Klay/Draymond. A lot of people argue anybody could be coaching that team now (see: Walton, Luke)
    FWIW, Mark Jackson's Warriors were dead last in passes per game the season before Kerr took over. Kerr completely changed their offensive system. That was his huge imprint. Yeah, other coaches (see: Walton, Luke) could have had similar success with the revamped system, but it was the philosophical change, not the in-game minutia that help propel the Warriors to reach their potential.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

FWIW, Mark Jackson's Warriors were dead last in passes per game the season before Kerr took over. Kerr completely changed their offensive system. That was his huge imprint. Yeah, other coaches (see: Walton, Luke) could have had similar success with the revamped system, but it was the philosophical change, not the in-game minutia that help propel the Warriors to reach their potential.
      Yep. I thought it was generally accepted that Mark Jackson was more of a traditional ISO / half-court coach, while Steve Kerr took a chance and went full blown pace & space, while it was still highly in doubt if that style could actually win in the playoffs. Remember old-school Phil Jackson's classic tweet, scoffing at the Warriors & Rockets style of play.....

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        Open Gym great as always. Probably the best insights you can get about the current Lowry/Kawhi/Team situation.
        I like OG's comments about watching Kyle and Kawhi making it to the ASG and how it motivates him to try and be one of the best and making the ASG in the future. Lately he has been playing much better!

Comment

• Don't we want the 76ers now? Embiid is hurt and they have selfish Jimmy. Pacers are actually a cohesive team thats exceeding their expectations.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            Don't we want the 76ers now? Embiid is hurt and they have selfish Jimmy. Pacers are actually a cohesive team thats exceeding their expectations.
            Well, if the Pacers somehow holds on to the 3rd spot with the kind of schedule they have, that's a signal they're a much more dangerous team then they get credit for. After the Oladipo injury they've been kinda the anti-Raptors: winning on team chemistry/cohesiveness alone rather then talent. Cohesive teams are dangerous in the playoffs because they tend to be mentally tough and don't get discouraged when they're down on a series.

That said, their core don't have a whole lot of deep playoff experience (which is the same case for Philly actually)

Comment

• A few very interesting games today....

Raps take on the Heat who are already in playoff mode .. No Leonard today.... and they spent the evening in South Beach... interesting to see how the Raps come out today... If they win.. and the odds are they will.... that puts some meaning iinto the Bucks vs Spurs tonight... The Spurs don't want to finish 8th and draw the Warriors so expect a them to play hard.. The bucks are on a b2b and Coach Bud wants the 60 wins and the top seed... tune in for this one if the Raps win to see how much home court means to the Deer...

Indy comes into Philly with a one game lead over the process... Philly is a little uncomforable playing Boston in round 1 so kinda of expect Embiid to play today as they don't want to play Boston in round 1... If Indy finds a way to win and it will be an upset with Indy on the road in Philly... it puts them 2 up in the loss colum on Philly and evens the seasons series for head to head tiebreaker with the Hinkies... This is going to be the game of the day.....If Indy pulls this out with Embiid on the floor...Philly has work to do....If Indy loses..Its going to be hard to see them anywhere but the 5th seed.

Orlando is on the road in Memphis... must win for the Magic if they want to make the playoffs.. A win here shows the Magic are a legit threat to make the dance.

Detroit draws Chicago today... interesting to see if the Pistons win one they are supposed to win against a member of Team Panzer . Chicago is playing better ball but they want the best draft spot they can get.... If Detroti wants to finish 6th and give themselves a snowballs chance in hell in round 1... they have to win this one..
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Mar 10, 2019, 12:44 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• With Miami and Orlando both losing last night.. feels like we're going to see either Detroit or Brooklyn in the first round (who coincidentally play each other tonight).

Miami is in 8th but 3 games back from 7th. The tie breakers are still up for grabs (they are 1-2 against Detroit with a game left, and 2-1 against Brooklyn with a game left). But that's a big gap to over come even if they win the tie breakers.

Brooklyn has the toughest remaining schedule in the league. So good odds are they are the ones we face in the first round.

Raps play both Detroit and Brooklyn one more time each so we can get one final teaser of what it would be like playing against them before the playoffs start.

Raps in 4 either way

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  With Miami and Orlando both losing last night.. feels like we're going to see either Detroit or Brooklyn in the first round (who coincidentally play each other tonight).

Miami is in 8th but 3 games back from 7th. The tie breakers are still up for grabs (they are 1-2 against Detroit with a game left, and 2-1 against Brooklyn with a game left). But that's a big gap to over come even if they win the tie breakers.

Brooklyn has the toughest remaining schedule in the league. So good odds are they are the ones we face in the first round.

Raps play both Detroit and Brooklyn one more time each so we can get one final teaser of what it would be like playing against them before the playoffs start.

Raps in 4 either way
                  They all suck... I mean seriously.. they all suck... Detroit... Brooklyn.. Miami... Charlotte and Orlando...suck.. and suck large

Brooklyn for my money and I like them as a team and their coach and their never say die style of play game in and game out... but they are not going to make the playoffs this year.. that schedule is the Bataan death march...

Detroit (H) and on the road. in sequence...OKC, Utah . The Clips, Sacto, the Lakers. Portland and Philly... like fuck me gently... 1 and 7 isn't a bad call.
                  AND
                  It gets better.. they come home to see in order Boston, Milwaukee. Toronto.. then hit the road for the Bucks AGAIN and then Indy....and they finsh at home with Miami.

The only games they'd be favoured to win is the Laker game and at home vs the Heat..

Don't want to be rude... but that schedule is a killer and the Nets are going to be fortunate to post a 4 and 10 record.. ....and with that.. they finish 9th or 10th.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

They all suck... I mean seriously.. they all suck... Detroit... Brooklyn.. Miami... Charlotte and Orlando...suck.. and suck large

Brooklyn for my money and I like them as a team and their coach and their never say die play game in and game out... but they are not going to make the playoffs this year.. that schedule is the Bataan death march...

Detroit (H) and on the road. in sequence...OKC, Utah . The Clips, Sacto, the Lakers. Portland and Philly... like fuck me gently... 1 and 7 isn't a bad call.
                    AND
                    It gets better.. they come home to see in order Boston, Milwaukee. Toronto.. then hit the road for the Bucks AGAIN and then Indy....and they finsh at home with Miami.

The only games they'd be favoured to win is the Laker game and at home vs the Heat..

Don't want to be rude... but that schedule is a killer and the Nets are going to be fortunate to post a 4 and 10 record.. ....and with that.. they finish 9th or 10th.
                    Which means they had an easier schedule early. Everything evens out eventually. Over 82 games, like our prime minister, they're just not ready.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Coach Bud has a little of Coach Thibs and Coach Casey in him.... WIth his team on a back to back last night... Budenholzer still had his starters on the floor down 15 with 6 mins to go ... OK.. you got faith they can come back...

But they didn't... and it wasn't even close on that blind faith call...
                      Jumpers were falling short as they do with tired legs..and finally the WW 1 general tires of sending his troops over the top to be mowed down and finally brings them out with down 11 a minute to go .... ..solid move coach bud..

The Bucks are going to be one tired crew come the second and thrid rounds of the playoffs.
                      - TGO

Comment

Brooklyn for my money and I like them as a team and their coach and their never say die style of play game in and game out... but they are not going to make the playoffs this year.. that schedule is the Bataan death march...

AND

Miami has a pretty tough schedule too though (7th hardest). 3 games back right now.. so if Brooklyn goes 4-10.. Miami would have to go 7-9 (they have two games in hand).

The last game of the regular season could be a lot of fun. That might decide who get's us in the first round. While the loser could be playing the Bucks.

I have no faith in Orlando to make it. They lose to bad teams but they beat good teams. Just a weird team. They have the 4th easiest schedule in the NBA. So that's probably not a good thing if your a Magic fan.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Miami has a pretty tough schedule too though (7th hardest). 3 games back right now.. so if Brooklyn goes 4-10.. Miami would have to go 7-9 (they have two games in hand).

The last game of the regular season could be a lot of fun. That might decide who get's us in the first round. While the loser could be playing the Bucks.

I have no faith in Orlando to make it. They lose to bad teams but they beat good teams. Just a weird team. They have the 4th easiest schedule in the NBA. So that's probably not a good thing if your a Magic fan.
                          Yeah.. for sure...
                          When the best of the lot... who at this writing is Detroit .. is but 3 measly games over .500 with only about 15 to go.....if your worried about who you draw out of that pack of dogs with fleas... .you ain't the real thing...

EDIT.. Gentlemans bet.... Orlando makes it and Brooklyn doesn't... Its a beer bet . .but its virtual...
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Mar 11, 2019, 01:53 PM.
                          - TGO

Comment

Yeah.. for sure...
                            When the best of the lot... who at this writing is Detroit .. is but 3 measly games over .500 with only about 15 to go.....if your worried about who you draw out of that pack of dogs with fleas... .you ain't the real thing...

EDIT.. Gentlemans bet.... Orlando makes it and Brooklyn doesn't... Its a beer bet . .but its virtual...
                            ill take that bet. I think brooklyn is the best team out of the potential bottom 3. Their schedule might be tough but teams might be resting guys as we near the home stretch and the nets are going to be playing hard every night. I actually think orlando makes it to but ill just leave the bet at what happens with brooklyn.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

ill take that bet. I think brooklyn is the best team out of the potential bottom 3. Their schedule might be tough but teams might be resting guys as we near the home stretch and the nets are going to be playing hard every night. I actually think orlando makes it to but ill just leave the bet at what happens with brooklyn.
                              OK.. bet accepted...
                              Think PM is taking it as well....

- TGO

Comment

OK.. bet accepted...
                                Think PM is taking it as well....
                                Yup I'm in.. a beer on me if Brooklyn hit's the beach early this year (and by early I mean miss the playoffs).

Comment

Working...
                                X