No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's an interesting point DS raises and I think it is something the league is starting to address. For example, the trade deadline was purposefully moved so that it wouldn't detract from the all star game. A baby step but I do think more is coming. Look, you've got tv rights holders paying bags of money to broadcast these regular season games that we keep hearing don't mean anything. If that's the case, why pay for them? And, ultimately, if you've got organizations and players focused on things other than games, fans are going to stop showing up. It won't fall off a cliff all at once but you'll start to see leakage over time. The load management stuff and player trade demands during the season are part of it, too, and I do think that the league office is going to want greater leeway to punish all of that stuff.

I think the hardcore fans sometimes lose perspective on this aspect of it but you can't have people paying hundreds of dollars to take little Jimmy to a game and have Kawhi Leonard sitting out cause he's tired. That kid will remember he never got to see his hero play and that's a really good way to alienate both young fans and the parents who buy tickets and merchandise.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      .. ..

Yes.. thats true... but Hockey unlike the NBA.. the NHL needs more than two guys to win it all...
      There is more than one instance of team landing in the 8 slot that has gone on to a long run on Lord Stanleys chase... and your right..in the NBA that just doesn't happen ..

BUt the media that covers the NHL and the fans that follow it.. .are all about winning this year... In the NBA... I'd throw up on the wall that almost half the media and fan bases are obsessed with the off season and what it might bring. The NBA draft is a bigger story than the first round of their playoffs. Free Agency in July is bigger than the conference finals....

Its an observation... not a criticism.

And just for the hell of it Clarkie.... if your hometown Calgary Flames get any goaltending.. its between the Flames ...San Jose ...Vegas (who has goaltending) and Winnipeg (who has everything but goaltening) to come out of the West.

Myl Leafs don't have enough sandpaper up and down the lineup ot get out the first round...

And no one.. is going to get Tampa this year.. saw them live last night... they have it all... from the crease to the faceoff dot... these guys are loaded.
      I can't handle another 1st round loss to the Bruins. I might cry.

Comment

• suspenders wrote: View Post

I can't handle another 1st round loss to the Bruins. I might cry.
        I will share the kleenex with you....
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

And the other 70% of Canada would like to taste those delicious tears
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• And back to the playoff chase...
            Tonight sees my virtual two beer bet in action with parties unnamed but go by the initals of Planet Mars and Bertarapsfan

Tonight...the Nets visit OKC and the Magic visit the Whiz...
            I am reminded of Howard Cosells call when I look at the Nets schedule to the end of the season...

Down goes Frazier.. Down goes Frazier.. Down goes Frazier....

Game on boys
            - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

from the other 30%... pound salt brother
              - TGO

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Comment

• So in the 100 dollar claiming race thats the NBA East is conducting for the last 3 spots...

Miami won and stayed in 8
                  Detroit lost and stayed in 7...
                  Brooklyn lost but stayed in 6th
                  and
                  Orlando lost and stayed in 9th...

Tonight.. the Orlando Magic are at home against the Cavs...Magic about to start to make their move

Stay thirsty my friends...
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Mar 14, 2019, 09:33 AM.
                  - TGO

Comment

So in the 100 dollar claiming race thats the NBA East is conducting for the last 3 spots...

Miami won and stayed in 8
                    Detroit lost and stayed in 7...
                    Brooklyn lost but stayed in 6th
                    and
                    Orlando lost and stayed in 9th...

Tonight.. the Orlando Magic are at home against the Cavs...Magic about to start to make their move

Stay thirsty my friends...
                    The Nets and Pistons will be in. The only race is for 8th but that Miami win was crucial there too. Realistically 38 maybe 39 wins bags the 8th seed

Comment

The Nets and Pistons will be in. The only race is for 8th but that Miami win was crucial there too. Realistically 38 maybe 39 wins bags the 8th seed
                      i would bet the nets don't make it. their remaining schedule is murder:

@ utah
                      @ clippers
                      @ sac
                      @ lakers
                      @ blazers
                      @ sixers
                      home boston
                      home bucks
                      home raps
                      @ bucks
                      @ pacers
                      home heat

not many gimmies unless those teams are managing their loads

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i would bet the nets don't make it. their remaining schedule is murder:

@ utah
                        @ clippers
                        @ sac
                        @ lakers
                        @ blazers
                        @ sixers
                        home boston
                        home bucks
                        home raps
                        @ bucks
                        @ pacers
                        home heat

not many gimmies unless those teams are managing their loads
                        Let's assume magic get 38 wins. That's the 538 projection, my personal projection, and their win % says 37. So say 38.

that means brooklyn needs 2 more wins. All season. Its a really hard schedule but it would also be a fairly monumental collapse

Comment

Let's assume magic get 38 wins. That's the 538 projection, my personal projection, and their win % says 37. So say 38.

that means brooklyn needs 2 more wins. All season. Its a really hard schedule but it would also be a fairly monumental collapse
                          ok yeah i didn't realizethe cushion they currently have. they probably fall to eighth though and limp in

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

ok yeah i didn't realizethe cushion they currently have. they probably fall to eighth though and limp in
                            So the bet is widening....

There is me.. who thinks that despite every indication to the contrary the Magic with:
                            an ice cream soft schedule
                            an all star in vucevic
                            two guys in Gordon and Ross who have above average talent at their postions
                            and the thought that if not his year with what you could only call a weak field to compete against....the Magic get in to the 8 slot.

Others.. such as Planet Mars / BertaRapsfan and now KC and yourself are saying no....there is no magic in orlando and they once again circle the wagons and talk lottery possiblilities for what seems like the 10th year in a row...

EDIT... How Soft is the Orlandos schedule ? Think they can take 8 of these games.

vs Cleveland
                            vs Atlanta
                            vs New Orleans
                            vs Memphis
                            @Miami
                            @Detroit
                            @Indy
                            Raps
                            vs Knicks
                            Vs Atlanta
                            @ Boston
                            @ Charlotte
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Mar 14, 2019, 02:58 PM.
                            - TGO

Comment

So the bet is widening....

There is me.. who thinks that despite every indication to the contrary the Magic with:
                              an ice cream soft schedule
                              an all star in vucevic
                              two guys in Gordon and Ross who have above average talent at their postions
                              and the thought that if not his year with what you could only call a weak field to compete against....the Magic get in to the 8 slot.

Others.. such as Planet Mars / BertaRapsfan and now KC and yourself are saying no....there is no magic in orlando and they once again circle the wagons and talk lottery possiblilities for what seems like the 10th year in a row...

I still believe in the magic getting 8th. Its Miami i see falling out.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I still believe in the magic getting 8th. Its Miami i see falling out.
                                Yeah the original bet was nets falling out I recall. DS is trying to drift away from that haha

Comment

Working...
                                X