Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

How is it not on Kyrie, when he is the point guard, and quarterback, who takes the most shots, and wanted to own a team ie be the best player. How is he free of blame?

Tatums and Browns emergence and Haywards fit are all directly and undeniably linked back to..Kyrie!
    I'm not saying Kyrie is clear of blame. I'm saying that the bigger issues leading to their bad season are due to Tatum and Browns emergence and Haywards fit. As in, Brad hasn't found a way to get them all to play like a cohesive unit for long stretches and Ainge refuses to make any decisions on clearing up the roster. Those decisions are out of Kyrie's hands.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Yeah I can see what you're saying about Kyrie, but all that is just noise. There are some real issues with the way that roster is fitting and that's not on Kyrie. Tatum and Brown's emergence along with Hayward's fit have been the bigger issue imo. Brad doesn't know how to make everyone happy (ah the Casey vs. Stephens debate), and get them to play together as a team, and Ainge refuses to make any moves with all of those assets he has.
      Thing is, if you want to be the man cause you want the glory, then you have to accept the blame when things go bad. That's part of the deal. You don't get to be the headliner for the checks (and chicks) and blame your crappy performance on the roadies.

I do agree though that a lot of it is noise and it has obscured the fact that the Celtics have trouble in the paint on both ends and have too many perimeter players who are good individually but don't play well as a group. Just from watching a few of their games, I've also noticed that guys aren't really playing for each other, which doesn't work in Stevens' system. So, either the system is broke or the players can't, or won't, perform within it. Either way, that's a coaching and management issue to be sorted out in the offseason.

One thing I will say about Nurse, for all the crap he takes, he's done a really good job of coaching to his players' strengths and allowing them freedom to get things done their way. It's basically the anti-Stevens. It has its drawbacks, and not every player will thrive in it, but it definitely has worked.

Comment

• What a turtle derby for the East 8th seed. A couple weeks ago Pistons and Nets were above the others, sitting comfortably in 6 and 7, and Pistons were even toying with pushing towards Boston.

Now, both teams are trying their best to fall out of the top 8 completely. As it stands today, Pistons, Nets, Heat and Magic are all separated by a game and a half. 3 survive. One gets tee times. And the Bucks, Raptors and Sixers have no idea who they'll play. Celtics and Pacers look pretty destined for a first round series.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Thing is, if you want to be the man cause you want the glory, then you have to accept the blame when things go bad. That's part of the deal. You don't get to be the headliner for the checks (and chicks) and blame your crappy performance on the roadies.

I do agree though that a lot of it is noise and it has obscured the fact that the Celtics have trouble in the paint on both ends and have too many perimeter players who are good individually but don't play well as a group. Just from watching a few of their games, I've also noticed that guys aren't really playing for each other, which doesn't work in Stevens' system. So, either the system is broke or the players can't, or won't, perform within it. Either way, that's a coaching and management issue to be sorted out in the offseason.

One thing I will say about Nurse, for all the crap he takes, he's done a really good job of coaching to his players' strengths and allowing them freedom to get things done their way. It's basically the anti-Stevens. It has its drawbacks, and not every player will thrive in it, but it definitely has worked.
          Nurse deserves a lot of credit for the Raptors' season so far. Catered to Kawhi, dealt with all of the missed games from key players, dealing with new players mid-season, turned Siakam into MIP candidate and kept Lowry happy through everything. It ultimately won't mean anything if the Rap's don't hit their mark in the playoffs, but the man has done his job.

Comment

• At least the Sixers got blown out yesterday. Makes me feel a bit better about our recent rollercoaster ride.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              At least the Sixers got blown out yesterday. Makes me feel a bit better about our recent rollercoaster ride.
              Boston crapping the bed and Oladipo getting hurt really locked the East in early - none of the big three teams have much to play for and it shows.

Comment

• Boston won in Cleveland last night with all the enthusiasm of having to do laundry on a Sunday afternoon.

Tonight the Pacers try to hold serve when they take on the Thunder in OKC. A win tonight keeps Indy two games up in the loss column with Boston who they get on Friday. That game is going to be worth watching. It is a playoff preview.

Meanwhile in the Turtle Derby the Magic turned off the Heat in Miami and moved to 8th spot ! Your Deeee-troit Pistons dropped another one on the road in Denver despite Denver putting up a total of 29 points in the 2nd half and they fall from 6th to 7th. The Brooklyn Nets despite going 2 and 4 over the last 6 games and chilling in Hinkieland moved ahead of the Pistons in the standings last night.to 6th place. You can't lose if you don't play. What a playoff mantra.

Maybe too little too late but also winning last night were the Charlotte Hornets. Charlotte with just 35 wins and 39 losses is now just two games out in the loss column from 6th with 8 games to play. They are only 1 game back from 8th... Is it possible ? Mathematically yes..Likely ? Well it is the turtle derby.

So here are the remaining games in the race for mediocrity...Pick your Turtles !!!!

Da Nets! phiLLy. Bucks Pacers .... vs Boston Raps Bucks Miami 1 and 6
                Da Pistons @ Indy OKC Knicks ... vs Magic Indy Portland Charlotte and Memphis ... 3 and 5
                The Magic @ Detroit, Indy, Raps, Chowders , Charlotte ,... vs Knicks and Atlanta... 4 and 3
                The Heat @ Knicks, Boston, Raps, Minny, Nets... vs Boston, Philly ..3 and 5
                The Hornets @ Lakers, GSW, Utah, Pelyturds, Pistons, Cavs ... vs Raps , Orlando.....3 and 5

Which says... Pistons.. Magic.... Heat....

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Mar 27, 2019, 10:25 AM.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Nurse deserves a lot of credit for the Raptors' season so far. Catered to Kawhi, dealt with all of the missed games from key players, dealing with new players mid-season, turned Siakam into MIP candidate and kept Lowry happy through everything. It ultimately won't mean anything if the Rap's don't hit their mark in the playoffs, but the man has done his job.
                  Injuries and roster instability were the excuses for Lebron finally missing the playoffs. Nurse has dealt with more missed games and far more personnel turnover and the Raptors are second overall. I feel like this isn't getting enough recognition, it's actually being turned into a criticism ("They haven't had enough time together"). I swear if Lebron led a team through this Raptors' season to second overall ESPN would be hailing The King every night of the week, 2019 MVP.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The last second shot by lamb actually might have been a huge turning point in the hornets season. I think they got a chance now. 3 in a row vs boston toronto and spurs is a pretty damm good winning streak. They got one vs pistons and 1 vs magic to make up a game in each scenario. I thought 40 wins should get you in but now im thinking its 41 with maybe the 8 seed getting in with 40. Going to be lots of weird tiebreakers between these teams if a couple end up with even records. I think this actually favors miami, hornets and magic because they will be a division winner and i think that might take precedent over head to head matchups (I might be wrong tho). Its going to be intresting these last fews weeks but i gotta stay with my original predictions from a couple weeks ago.

I got
                    Pistons
                    Magic
                    Nets

But deep down im cheering for the hornets to get in. I just love that little Hornet mascot Hugo. He deserves some playoff reps.... Oh ya i guess Kemba does to
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Just look at this dope ass hornet getting ready to mow the lawn and tell me he doesn't deserve to make the playoffs.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Just look at this dope ass hornet getting ready to mow the lawn and tell me he doesn't deserve to make the playoffs.
                        Will it bring along its companions on this photo? If so, yeah by all means

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Just look at this dope ass hornet getting ready to mow the lawn and tell me he doesn't deserve to make the playoffs.
                          That hornet is wearing people shoes!
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Will it bring along its companions on this photo? If so, yeah by all means
                            Very aesthetically pleasing mascot....

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

That hornet is wearing people shoes!
                              Jordans too. What a boss. Hugo for president.

Comment

• Heck of a first half for pacers in OKC. Would be a huge win for them to get this one

Comment

Working...
                                X