Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Heck of a first half for pacers in OKC. Would be a huge win for them to get this one
    and inexplicably the Pacers coughed up a hairball in the third quarter and let the Thunder go on 24 - 0 run.... They rung up a squalid 15 points in the quarter and never recovered...With that eff-up the Pacers get on the plane and head to Chowdertown up by 1 in the loss column for one of the bigger games of their season on Friday...

However... tonight....the turtle derby is off and crawling and all the turtles are out in full force...

Orlando is in Detroit. The Magic have won 6 in a row taking advantage of a softer schedule. The Pistons have lost 3 in a row and 5 of their last 7. The Magic match up well against the Pistons .. Vuc can stay with Drummond and Aaron Gordon has the size and strength to stay with Griffin. The Magic have better 3 point shooting than the Pistons do and it'd be nice to see DJ Augustine have a big game against someone other than the Raps. Seeing its Reggie Jackson I got faith DJ has a game. Dwane might jut have to break out and wear his ring tonight as this is a big one for the Pistons who aren't headed in the right direction right now.

Da Nets limp into Philly. Its the last stop on their Bataan death march. The Nets had 7 games against some pretty solid competition save for the circus that is the LA Lakers. The nets got heart .. they just don't have any luck. Not only do they have to overcome the traditionally tough first game back in the east after an extended western road trip.. they play it on the road against a playoff team. Not sure who Philly rests tonight but it will be someone other than Embiid or Simmons. Guess Butler gets the night off. Philly is pretty good at home ...At least they get home this week.. but the schedule isn't kind as waiting for them are Boston, Milwaukee and Toronto.

Los Heat get the Mavs at home. The Heat are on the outside looking in right now. While the turtles are all desperate the Heat get a couple winnable games back to back with Dallas tonight followed by the Knicks. Not sure what Dallas wants to do as their draft pick is ticketed to the Hawks... The Heat just have more to play for and are at home.

Fearless Predictions.. which I have been nailing recently...

Magic - W
    Pistons - L
    Nets - L
    Heat -W

Friday morning could see the Magic and Nets tied for 6th.. the Pistons and Heat tied for 8th... I don't know the tie breakers .. but for all intents and purposes..you can throw a small blanket over these 4 teams as they plod to the finish line.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Mar 28, 2019, 10:36 AM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Of the 4 bottom feeder potential Eastern playoff teams.. I think the only one that scares me a bit is Orlando. And that's because they beat us twice handily. Pistons swept us (gross) but each game was close and we were never fully healthy in either one of them. Orlando can just get really hot and kick the crap out of you.. plus they've beaten some really good teams this year including the Bucks and Warriors.

So kind of hoping they don't get 7th. I think we could sweep the other teams. We should still beat Orlando but I think it will be in 6 or 7 not 4 or 5. Steve Clifford seems to just know how to beat us whether he's in Orlando or Charlotte.. doesn't seem to matter.

Comment

• Have the playoffs started yet?
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Gosh I really want to match up with the Pistons. Not because I think we match up well with them, or are more likely to win that series than any other (should be an easy round and if it's not it's because the Raps are doing stupid stuff, not because of which of the bottom 3 teams they play), but because my goodness that would be fun.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Giannis went down tonight on the ankle he injured last week. Left the game and didn't come back.

So help me if Boston gets an easy path to the EC final.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
              Giannis went down tonight on the ankle he injured last week. Left the game and didn't come back.

Go get them 63 wins, Bud! Load management, FTW.

Comment

• I wonder how bad the sprain was. The sort that would linger through the playoffs would be nice.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I wonder how bad the sprain was. The sort that would linger through the playoffs would be nice.
                  Nothing nice about that, if you're a true sports fan you want to be a winner without any asterisks.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Lighten up man. Not wishing for the guy to be in pain, but you take whatever advantage you can get. History does not remember the losers whether they were good sports or not.

Comment

• Bud was actually going to put him back in the game because their lead was shrinking, never made it past the scorer's table because they got some buckets again. That's just effin crazy. Bucks are well ahead in the 1st seed, they're a one star team, the guy sprained his ankle already, came back early, injured it again, and Bud wanted to put him back in the game to close out the .500 Detroit Pistons with the playoffs just around the corner. It's insane.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                        Giannis went down tonight on the ankle he injured last week. Left the game and didn't come back.

The Bucks have nothing to play for till the playoffs begin..
                        They are 4 games up on the Raps with the tie breaker and there are 6 games left...
                        Which says their closest pursuer.. Your Toronto Raptors.... even if they run the table ... all the Bucks need to do is win 2 of their last 6 to clinch 1st.
                        Of note they have the Atlanta Hawks twice in the last 6.

Thinking here that Giannas.. regardless of his intent to play every game he can.. gets a DNP - Load Management on the stat line to the end of the year.
                        - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Bud was actually going to put him back in the game because their lead was shrinking, never made it past the scorer's table because they got some buckets again. That's just effin crazy. Bucks are well ahead in the 1st seed, they're a one star team, the guy sprained his ankle already, came back early, injured it again, and Bud wanted to put him back in the game to close out the .500 Detroit Pistons with the playoffs just around the corner. It's insane.
                          Bud should know better. He's Spursian.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• 2 games in the loss column separate 6 from 10th in the east.

With the breakneck speed the turtles are losing at .. another team turtle enters the race. The Charlotte Hornets. They are only 1 game back in the loss column from 7th. Tonight the Hornets get the hapless Lakers. Its on the road mind you but playing the Lakers anywhere isn't a tall order. Magic Johnson. Non Executive of the year. A win puts them firmly in the picture. They have to finish the road trip with GSW and Utah.. but then they get New Orleans, the Raps, Pistons, Cleveland and the Magic to close out the schedule. 5 wins gets them to 40 and a shot at what might be a coin flip for 8th.

The Pacers are in Boston to take on the Harvey Two Face Chowders in the game of the night. The Pacers lead Boston by a game. A win for the Pacers gives them a two game cushion with 6 to go. A win by the Chowders gives them a 2 -1 lead in the tie breaker and puts them dead even with 6 left. Regardless of outcome they are going to meet in the 4 vs 5 series.. its just a question of who has home court. I think Indy needs home court more than the Chowders do. It will be close.

Fearless Predictions.

Charlotte W ....
                            Chowder W...
                            - TGO

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Bud should know better. He's Spursian.
                              Maybe Spursian isn't as Spursian as we all thought.

Comment

• Are we sure Lebron/Magic weren't trying to (quasi) tank with who they signed in the summer?

Comment

Working...
                                X