Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Nothing nice about that, if you're a true sports fan you want to be a winner without any asterisks.
    Sorry - but believe me... no one remembers how you won, they just remember that you won. 20 years from now, no one will remember KD went to one of the best teams in the league.

I want the Raptors to win... IDC if the entire Warriors team is hurt.

Comment

• Let's not talk about injuries. It's bad mojo.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
        Giannis went down tonight on the ankle he injured last week. Left the game and didn't come back.

So help me if Boston gets an easy path to the EC final.
        We can beat the Celtics... also lets not discount Pacers. They're the anti-christ version of the celtics (or celtics are the anti-christ version of them): Play hard, team oriented, know what their strengths are, no toxicity and don't have 1 allstar player.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          Bud was actually going to put him back in the game because their lead was shrinking, never made it past the scorer's table because they got some buckets again. That's just effin crazy. Bucks are well ahead in the 1st seed, they're a one star team, the guy sprained his ankle already, came back early, injured it again, and Bud wanted to put him back in the game to close out the .500 Detroit Pistons with the playoffs just around the corner. It's insane.
          That is effing hilarious.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Are we sure Lebron/Magic weren't trying to (quasi) tank with who they signed in the summer?
            Nah. They signed anybody who would accept a small-to-medium sized 1 year contract, which meant taking on scrub veterans who didn't have many options. The plan all along was to have enough salary flexibility to package those expiring contracts with young players & picks to get Anthony Davis, and/or another star (like Kawhi). I think Lebron/Magic/Rich Paul really believed that the Pelicans would cave in... and they still might in the off-season.

Comment

• If Boston's season goes the way its looking. I can see Ainge moving off his "assets" and making the Pelicans a godfather deal.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                If Boston's season goes the way its looking. I can see Ainge moving off his "assets" and making the Pelicans a godfather deal.
                If Boston season goes the way its looking i see Kyrie leaving. Then the question is do you want to dump your young talent for AD who can leave in a year. You probably are no better then the pelicans with jrue holiday with a AD and Rozier lead team. Boston is gonna be in a tough spot. Danny Ainge might have held onto his assests to long...
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

If Boston season goes the way its looking i see Kyrie leaving. Then the question is do you want to dump your young talent for AD who can leave in a year. You probably are no better then the pelicans with jrue holiday with a AD and Rozier lead team. Boston is gonna be in a tough spot. Danny Ainge might have held onto his assests to long...
                  Without Kyrie they may actually be better than this year but their ceiling's probably not high enough. Horford will be 33, Hayward is overpaid now, and they still have 17 guys who play the same position. I think they should throw the kitchen sink at AD whether Kyrie stays or leaves.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Horford has been their best player the past few years. Really underrated (like Kyle is for us). If Horford opts out and leaves they will be in a lot of trouble. More so than if Kyrie leaves IMO.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Are we sure Lebron/Magic weren't trying to (quasi) tank with who they signed in the summer?
                      No that wasn;t the plan at all.

This is conjecture on my part with the benefit of hindsight. I will put up on the wall there were three milestones along the way in another lost season for the Lakers and Magic. .

1. The first milestone was to make the playoffs. Its been 6 years since the Lakers were in the post season. With that in mind they set out to get two big time big name Free Agents. Lebron and Paul George. They got one. Magic was some pissed off when George said no by not even taking a meeting. None the less Lebron would be enough to get the Lakers back to the post season even if he had to drag a collection of has beens and never was's.

2. After Christmas when Lebron got hurt and the sobering reality of just how lacking his team was without him Magic had to pivot to Plan B. Get Anthony Davis by the trade deadline and with Davis and Lebron make the playoffs and show other potential FA's they were back. Magic really believed he had the trade capital in Ball/Ingram/Kuzma , all his 1sts and any number of expiring contracts to get it done. So Magic unleashed the hounds and Rich Paul put the open for business sign on his client at the start of the news cycle with a couple of weeks to play out till the trade deadline. Magic however overplayed his hand and went all in on the first bet. Demps said no. He'd wait. Yep Demps got fired but as the dust cleared it was there for all to see that Jeannie Buss, Magic Johnson , Rich Paul and Rob Pelinka got outsmarted by the New Orleans Pelicans. Yep those New Orleans Pelicans.

3.Undaunted by the failure of plan b Magic in concert with Lebron re pivots back to the original plan to make the playoffs This is announced by Lebron with his statement that he was now in full playoff activation mode. There.. that'd do it. Not that Lebron hasn't done it before...but not with the now completely disengaged young Lakers who for the first time in their careers were told they weren't needed. Yep they are pro athletes but they are still people. They didn't quit but there wasn't any juice to their game. A couple of weeks after activation mode was announced the Lakers lost to the Suns. Season over and into the tank the Lakers went. Unplanned.

So Magic missed out on getting the two free agents he needed to get. He screwed up the mid season play to get Davis and he lost the resolve of his young corps. In a year. For this kind of miscalculation businesses fire their CEO.

However.. in the wacky world of the LA Lakers.....The remedy for all of this will be to fire Luke Walton at 12:01 AM the day after the seasons end.

If you take away Lebron... the Lakers are the Knicks.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Mar 30, 2019, 12:08 AM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

Sorry - but believe me... no one remembers how you won, they just remember that you won. 20 years from now, no one will remember KD went to one of the best teams in the league.

I want the Raptors to win... IDC if the entire Warriors team is hurt.
                        yeah i dont care a win is a win as long as its not the refs

Comment

• Pacers vs celtics is a great game right now. and indy is without Wes Matthews. I could sign up for a playoff series of this
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            Pacers vs celtics is a great game right now. and indy is without Wes Matthews. I could sign up for a playoff series of this
                            irving won it late for the chowders..he is bostons all iso 4q offence .. playoff preview without doubt...both teams play today on the second night of the b2b games... Boston travels to NYC to take on the Nets and Indy goes home to meet the Magic... .

Turtle Derby and Indy vs Boston for HomeCourt games tonight

1.The Nets have taken as many heavy body blows on the road last week as JustinTrudeau has absorbed this week as the country observes the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.. but I digress.... The Chowders who expended a lot of physical and emotional energy last nigh don't want to drop one to the Nets and give back what they won over the Pacers. The Nets who have given two or three pints of blood on their 7 game roadie need a win for their confidence and to just stay in the race to get in.

2. The Pacers are limping home and waiting for them are the Magic who need to make amends for shitting the bed in Detroit. The Pacers are in desperate need of a win for their own mojo as they have given up two games late to OKC and Boston. The Magic slipped out of the 8th seed with that loss to the PIstons. The Desperation of the Magic vs the Resiliency of the Pacers in Bankers Fieldhouse tonight.

3. Casey's Heroes are at home to take on the Trailblazers. Detroit needs to win to stay ahead in the hunt to be the tallest midget in the Eastern turtle derby for 6th through 8th. The Blazers need a win to stay in the 3rd seed out West and keep home court. To quote Elwood Blues.. the Blazers are on a mission from god.... the pistons... well... there is a lot of filler in that squad.

4. The Heat travel to the Mecca of gimme wins tonight to play the Knicks. For clarity on the Knicks focus. Every exec .. scout.... front office or back office type is in Washington DC watching Zion Williamson. The Knicks have as much interest in winning tonight as the Liberals have in throwing a party for Jody Wilson Raybould.

Fearless predicitons for tonight ....

Chowders - W
                            Pacers - W
                            Pistons - L
                            Heat - W
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Mar 30, 2019, 05:47 PM.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Total Turtle Victory Tonight !

Piston W...Magic W....Nets W... Heat W

- TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Total Turtle Victory Tonight !

Piston W...Magic W....Nets W... Heat W

Oh boy, we're playing 3 of these teams that you've been trash talking a lot lately, so that means we'll probably drop at least one of them. Kinda like when when you repeatedly said Charlotte sucks and then Jeremy Lamb happened...

Comment

Working...
                                X