Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

wall might be untradeable. no one is giving up a player of his caliber back, contending teams who he could benefit would need a ton of cap space and young teams who have the space probably wont give up good young pieces for wall. Wiz may be forced to just ride that contract out...

Beal however that dude has some trade value.. So call us in the summer Washington...
    Agreed...I’d go as far as to say a young team with cap space wouldn’t take him in a salary dump. Like if Phoenix was offered him I think they think long and hard about taking on that terrible contract

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Agreed...I’d go as far as to say a young team with cap space wouldn’t take him in a salary dump. Like if Phoenix was offered him I think they think long and hard about taking on that terrible contract
      Ya exactly he doesn't make sense for a team like phx doesn't line up with their timeline. The only type of team who i believe would be interested is someone like a pre-deadline NO. Someone with a big time player but needs another piece and has to take a risk to try and reach that next level. And theirs no teams that fit that mold i can think of right now
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
        will we stay ahead of golden state?
        I think we will, but it will be close. They're only 1 game behind us in the loss column. They have an easy schedule to finish up, and they have Denver hot on their heels, so they have more of an incentive to try to win all the remaining games.

It may come down to the game 82. I think Nurse will definitely try to win vs. Nets/Heat/Hornets, as these are playoff tune-up games against good teams. Then on game 82 vs Minny, if we're decidedly ahead of GSW (we have the tie breaker), he'll rest everyone. If not, he'll go for the W on that one as well.

Basically with only 4 games left, 1 game ahead of them in loss column, and the tie breaker, we'd have to drop 2 of these 4 games, and they have to win all their remaining games in order for them to finish ahead.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya exactly he doesn't make sense for a team like phx doesn't line up with their timeline. The only type of team who i believe would be interested is someone like a pre-deadline NO. Someone with a big time player but needs another piece and has to take a risk to try and reach that next level. And theirs no teams that fit that mold i can think of right now
          wall has the worst contract of all time, and i don't think that statement is hyperbolic at all. he has a trade kicker too. i can't see any team taking it on with the idea to play him (years from now, when he might be healthy). i could see a young team with the massive amounts of cap space required to absorb him taking it on for multiple 1st round picks and/or pick swaps, the type of package boston got from brooklyn (albeit under totally different circumstances). i would expect that team to banish him a la noah in NY or deng in LA. the contract is too long and too big to stretch i think.

that's the only way to move him in my opinion. but i don't think washington would be able to stomach it. i think they're probably best to move beal, keep all their picks, and wait out the wall contract. if he gets in the way of player development, then they also could pay him to go away too.

that franchise is definitely the most hopeless in the league, unless they win the zion sweepstakes. even then it would still be bleak

Comment

• Westbrook drops the first "triple double double" since Wilt in 1968
            This is an incredible stat line for the jerk 20 points, 20 rebounds and 21 assists
            The 20/20 is doable now and again but to throw in 20+ assists is crazy.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Westbrook drops the first "triple double double" since Wilt in 1968
              This is an incredible stat line for the jerk 20 points, 20 rebounds and 21 assists
              That's why he's playing for such market like Oklahoma, he owns it, it's his team (literally).
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

That's why he's playing for such market like Oklahoma, he owns it, it's his team (literally).
                Thunder are in trouble though.. they are a tax team this year, and will most likely be one next year to and on and on until Russ' contract expires.. I suspect they'll have to trade Adams in order to become a non-tax team.. and if they do they'll start sucking.

8th place team that's paying luxury tax.. sort of feels like Colangelo's Raptors.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Westbrook drops the first "triple double double" since Wilt in 1968
                  He did indeed. Kept himself in the game to do it when Donovan pulled everyone else off the floor up 16 with a minute or so to go.
                  Russell is a lot things. Included in that mix is that he is an inveterate grandstander hidiing behind the label of competitor.
                  A meaningless stat save for him personally.

My personal view is that he will never win a championship because Russell puts his own records in front of the teams. Must be the hockey guy in me.

That said he plays hard to win every game ... I am on the fence on him as either the consumate hot dog or a guy who will do anything to win...
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Apr 3, 2019, 10:35 AM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Thunder are in trouble though.. they are a tax team this year, and will most likely be one next year to and on and on until Russ' contract expires.. I suspect they'll have to trade Adams in order to become a non-tax team.. and if they do they'll start sucking.

8th place team that's paying luxury tax.. sort of feels like Colangelo's Raptors.
                    They are indeed a big time tax team... yet... if they can win a round in the playoffs where every dime goes to the team I think it might make a difference on the P&L report....

So far this year they are 1 and 2 against their most likely opponent in the first round the GS Warriors. A seven game 3 home gate series against the Warriors is not an unreasonable guess.. If they somehow manage a way to orchestrate a huge upset fueling Russ's hate for KD and Georges need to show he is All NBA.. and get another 3 gate series....they can easilty afford to keep Adams and hunt a 3 point shooter that they really really need.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Russ is absolutely incredible but is also peak "We're not sure if this guy actually makes our team better." With Carmelo out of the league that particular accolade is Russ' for the foreseeable future.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Russ is absolutely incredible but is also peak "We're not sure if this guy actually makes our team better." With Carmelo out of the league that particular accolade is Russ' for the foreseeable future.
                        Tough love my friend...and I agree

I'd venture to add that also in the mix for Carmelos Crown are.Devin "Mr 70" Booker and Kemba Walker.....
                        Two guys who put up big but meaningless numbers and don't make their teams better. ... Harsh .. but in my view.. true
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Apr 3, 2019, 11:00 AM.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Cousins with 28/13/5 in less than 30 min for golden state last night. I still can't believe he just basically fell on their laps and they got him without barely affecting their cap.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            Cousins with 28/13/5 in less than 30 min for golden state last night. I still can't believe he just basically fell on their laps and they got him without barely affecting their cap.
                            The Luxury tax for GSW is about 2:5 to 1... which means boogie at close to 6M... cost them 15M...
                            This is gorilla math... DanH .. "The Accountant" can likely pinpoint the actual costs.. but its not cheap .....
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Tough love my friend...and I agree

I'd venture to add that also in the mix for Carmelos Crown are.Devin "Mr 70" Booker and Kemba Walker.....
                              Two guys who put up big but meaningless numbers and don't make their teams better. ... Harsh .. but in my view.. true
                              In fairness, neither one of those guys has been set up for success with their teams. Who is the second best player on Charlotte?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Russ is absolutely incredible but is also peak "We're not sure if this guy actually makes our team better." With Carmelo out of the league that particular accolade is Russ' for the foreseeable future.
                                He is amazing though! The guy plays at full speed every minute he's out there and basically someone has to dive into his knees for him to get injured. Really surprised he doesn't get hurt more often the way he plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X