Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

According to this site, the Heat has a 63% chance of not making the playoffs, and that will probably be higher now with this injury. It's never nice to see players get injured but I'd actually be glad if we didn't face the Heat. I'd be worried about injury to our own guys if we faced them, given their hack-away style and fouling all the time.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nba/raptorsstandings.html

That table also show we got a 63% chance of seeing either Nets or Magic in the first round. Indy vs Boston fight for home court is also interesting. Hopefully it goes to Indy
    Toronto vs Orlando is NBA TV baby
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post

Yeah that's what I figured. Does anyone remember how often we have played on the first day of playoffs in the past. I seem to recall us always getting the 12:30 or afternoon game on the first day.
      It'll probably depend on the matchup. ESPN/TNT/etc will want as much money as possible. Brooklyn/Toronto or Miami/Toronto should get more eyeballs than Detroit/Toronto or Orlando/Toronto for example. So the first two potential series would have a better time slot than the other two series (I would guess).

Last year they played Washington and the first game start time was at 5:30pm EST the second game was at 7:00pm EST.

Wouldn't be surprised if the first game was at 12:30 or 3:30 this year just based on the potential match ups.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It'll probably depend on the matchup. ESPN/TNT/etc will want as much money as possible. Brooklyn/Toronto or Miami/Toronto should get more eyeballs than Detroit/Toronto or Orlando/Toronto for example. So the first two potential series would have a better time slot than the other two series (I would guess).

Last year they played Washington and the first game start time was at 5:30pm EST the second game was at 7:00pm EST.

Wouldn't be surprised if the first game was at 12:30 or 3:30 this year just based on the potential match ups.
        something that might push us back a slot is what the Milwaukee matchup is. A bucks magic probably starts off the saturday with a 12.30 tip off.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

something that might push us back a slot is what the Milwaukee matchup is. A bucks magic probably starts off the saturday with a 12.30 tip off.
          Yeah, bucks might have the worst matchup. They are just as slept on as us. Dwade and the heat are probably the best lower seed to draw for either team. Pistons vs. Raptors as well is an easy story line to sell to the more invested fan but probably doesn't register to the casual American viewer.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yeah, bucks might have the worst matchup. They are just as slept on as us. Dwade and the heat are probably the best lower seed to draw for either team. Pistons vs. Raptors as well is an easy story line to sell to the more invested fan but probably doesn't register to the casual American viewer.
            Orlando has actually grabbed a couple W vs the bucks this year to. They might be the most entertaining potential first round matchup maybe they can steal a game at home.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Toronto vs Orlando is NBA TV baby
              Doesn't matter... Raps will be on ABC in prime time when they get to the Finals.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Orlando has actually grabbed a couple W vs the bucks this year to. They might be the most entertaining potential first round matchup maybe they can steal a game at home.
                I was talking about ratings not excitement the hardcore fan. I don't have the numbers in front of me but Milwaukee Orlando and Toronto are all bottom 10 in terms of USA viewers I'm sure

Comment

I was talking about ratings not excitement the hardcore fan. I don't have the numbers in front of me but Milwaukee Orlando and Toronto are all bottom 10 in terms of USA viewers I'm sure
                  Milwaukee has put together a very stellar year.... They could get to 60 wins when no other club does....As far as we know they are located in the continental 48 ....

And yet..... the lead stories as the season grinds to a close

Whats Zions shoe deal going to look like....
                  Can Lebron get another star to join him in LA
                  Are the Boston Celtics better suited to the post season

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Milwaukee has put together a very stellar year.... They could get to 60 wins when no other club does....As far as we know they are located in the continental 48 ....

And yet..... the lead stories as the season grinds to a close

Whats Zions shoe deal going to look like....
                    Can Lebron get another star to join him in LA
                    Are the Boston Celtics better suited to the post season

The "US media doesn't pay attention to us" narrative is tired, old, done, kaput, finito,.... Raps got all the national exposure we could handle this year, and then some. And it's still coming today. I mean, how TH did you miss the long ass ESPN feature article on Kyle Lowry today?

'Nothing else matters': Lowry, Raptors poised for playoff redemption
                    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...off-redemption

Raps fans don't care about the US media pumping our @ss full of sunshine. It doesn't matter.

Just win.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The "US media doesn't pay attention to us" narrative is tired, old, done, kaput, finito,.... Raps got all the national exposure we could handle this year, and then some. And it's still coming today. I mean, how TH did you miss the long ass ESPN feature article on Kyle Lowry today?

Raps fans don't care about the US media pumping our @ss full of sunshine. It doesn't matter.

Just win.
                      Masai's burner account is....golden??

Comment

Masai's burner account is....golden??
                        I wish.

Comment

Just win.
                          I was talking about Milwaukee..

I read my post again.. and there it was Milwaukee...
                          - TGO

Comment

I was talking about Milwaukee..

I read my post again.. and there it was Milwaukee...
                            lol, my bad. Bud and Giannis are getting gassed up for COY & MVP all over ESPN today. But wait a minute..... Demo S stanning for the Bucks on a hardcore Raps forum? Cover blown?

Comment

lol, my bad. Bud and Giannis are getting gassed up for COY & MVP all over ESPN today. But wait a minute..... Demo S stanning for the Bucks on a hardcore Raps forum? Cover blown?
                              Yes..I am Chowders fan first and a Bucks fan second... the raps stuff is a ruse.

there are so many great stories out there this year...
                              denver...the Bucks... the Nets.....the ending of the curse in Sacto....
                              the seeding frenzy in the west and a slow..a painfully slow but 4 team race to the wire for 3 playoff spots in the east....
                              philly looks to be pretty nicked up heading into the playoffs

yet..more lakers and Lebron....more Boston introspectives and the aforementioned shoe deal...
                              - TGO

Comment

Yes..I am Chowders fan first and a Bucks fan second... the raps stuff is a ruse.

there are so many great stories out there this year...
                                denver...the Bucks... the Nets.....the ending of the curse in Sacto....
                                the seeding frenzy in the west and a slow..a painfully slow but 4 team race to the wire for 3 playoff spots in the east....
                                philly looks to be pretty nicked up heading into the playoffs

yet..more lakers and Lebron....more Boston introspectives and the aforementioned shoe deal...
                                Just like the leafs and the habs and the Pats and the cowboys and bo Sox and Yankees. It is what it is. Those teams win the press clippings championship every year. I'm interested in a different championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X