Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Scott wrote: View Post

Celtics are guaranteed the tiebreaker. They are ahead in conference record now and both teams have entirely conference games left. There's no way Indiana can finish tied with Boston but catch up in the conference tiebreaker.
    While Id love to see Boston lose in the first round, theyve started playing well recently while its clear Indy has limitations without Vic. Shouldnt go more than 5 games. Still, doubtful they can win 4 on Giannis.

Comment

• After last night, Orlando jumped to 6th. Nets to 7th, Detroit fell to 8th (same record, but Nets have tie breaker) and only 1 game up on Miami but both have the tie breaker on them. Charlotte now is still technically alive, but have a lot of work to do.

Remaining Schedules:

Orlando: @Boston, @Charlotte
      Brooklyn: @Milwaukee, @Indiana, Miami
      Detroit: Charlotte, Memphis, NY
      Miami: @Toronto, Philly, @Brooklyn
      Charlotte: @Detroit, @Cleveland, Orlando

Predictions:
      - Orlando: 1-1 (beats Charlotte)
      - Brooklyn: 0-3
      - Detroit: 2-1 (beats Charlotte and NY)
      - Miami: 1-2 (beats Brooklyn)
      - Charlotte: 1-2 (beats Cleveland)

If my predictions hold.. I have:

Orlando 41 wins
      Brooklyn 39 wins
      Detroit 41 wins
      Miami 39 wins
      Charlotte 38 wins

... Detroit owns tie breaker with Orlando so would get the 6th seed. Orlando 7th, and Brooklyn 8th (has tie breaker over Miami). I also win my virtual beer bet with Demo

I can't see us playing Detroit/Casey in the first round. They have the easiest schedule. 3 cupcake teams, all at home. They also own the tie breaker over Orlando. Nets also own the tie breaker over Detroit and I don't see the Nets in 6th. They have the toughest schedule.

We'll either be playing Orlando or Brooklyn in the first round, in my opinion. And Orlando seems to be favoured at that spot just based on the fact that they have 1 more win now. But the Nets own the tie breaker. So if Orlando goes 0-2 and Brooklyn 1-2.. Brooklyn will get 7th, and Orlando 8th.

It's going to go down to the wire.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        Big game tn. Celtics vs Pacers. I know everyone expects the Celtics to turn it on and make quick work of the pacers but if Indy can secure home court i could this being a 6 or 7 game series with some really close games. Hell if the odds are crazy in favor of the celtics i might even put on money on Indy taking the series espically if they got home court
        The Celtics turned it on and made quick work of the Pacers ....

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-teams-future/

“Ultimately, yeah,” said Raptors GM Bobby Webster of if the team will make decisions based off of playoff results on Sportsnet’s Hoops podcast. “I think that’s been the case probably since the first loss to Cleveland – or maybe the second loss since I think making the Conference Final is a great year for everyone.

“Since then I think the expectation has always been ‘how far can we go in the playoffs?’ So we can assess how far we’ve gone since we got to this point, but the playoffs will, hopefully reveal a lot.”

This is a lot of pressure for what, in only the best-case scenarios, amounts to just a two-month period, but it’s the price teams pay when they have championship aspirations.

Heading into the playoffs, it’s going to be relatively simple to see what the future of the Raptors will look like. If they perform well and reach a Conference Final or maybe the NBA Finals, this core group of players will probably be added to. If they fall short of that, however, who knows what ends up happening?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

The Celtics turned it on and made quick work of the Pacers ....
            If I were the Bucks I'd be more than a little worried about the Celtics....

Comment

• Meanwhile, Detroit's fourth quarter collapse in OKC and the Heat's offence (or lack thereof) have put Orlando right on the doorstep. Magic took care of business last night. Bigger picture, Miami has to be wondering how they are 18-22 AT HOME and if they just could have beat Atlanta..... those losses hurt now. Still not out of it, though. Pistons and Nets both within reach....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

If I were the Bucks I'd be more than a little worried about the Celtics....
                Truer words were never spoken: Antetokounmpo to miss Nets game with calf injury

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  After last night, Orlando jumped to 6th. Nets to 7th, Detroit fell to 8th (same record, but Nets have tie breaker) and only 1 game up on Miami but both have the tie breaker on them. Charlotte now is still technically alive, but have a lot of work to do.

Remaining Schedules:

Orlando: @Boston, @Charlotte
                  Brooklyn: @Milwaukee, @Indiana, Miami
                  Detroit: Charlotte, Memphis, NY
                  Miami: @Toronto, Philly, @Brooklyn
                  Charlotte: @Detroit, @Cleveland, Orlando

Predictions:
                  - Orlando: 1-1 (beats Charlotte)
                  - Brooklyn: 0-3
                  - Detroit: 2-1 (beats Charlotte and NY)
                  - Miami: 1-2 (beats Brooklyn)
                  - Charlotte: 1-2 (beats Cleveland)

If my predictions hold.. I have:

Orlando 41 wins
                  Brooklyn 39 wins
                  Detroit 41 wins
                  Miami 39 wins
                  Charlotte 38 wins

... Detroit owns tie breaker with Orlando so would get the 6th seed. Orlando 7th, and Brooklyn 8th (has tie breaker over Miami). I also win my virtual beer bet with Demo

I can't see us playing Detroit/Casey in the first round. They have the easiest schedule. 3 cupcake teams, all at home. They also own the tie breaker over Orlando. Nets also own the tie breaker over Detroit and I don't see the Nets in 6th. They have the toughest schedule.

We'll either be playing Orlando or Brooklyn in the first round, in my opinion. And Orlando seems to be favoured at that spot just based on the fact that they have 1 more win now. But the Nets own the tie breaker. So if Orlando goes 0-2 and Brooklyn 1-2.. Brooklyn will get 7th, and Orlando 8th.

It's going to go down to the wire.
                  Brooklyn took care of the Alphabet-less Bucks today. I think that just might have punched their ticket.
                  But ya never know.

Its still no where near closed as to who finishes where but have to think the collars are the most tight in Miami and perhaps in Detroit.
                  With Charlotte still technically alive they will give Detroit everything they can handle.Maybe Jeremy Lamb can luck out again and piss off a new city tomorrow.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Out west Thunder, Spurs and Clippers in a dogfight to avoid the Warriors in the first round, will be neat to see how the chips will fall

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                      Out west Thunder, Spurs and Clippers in a dogfight to avoid the Warriors in the first round, will be neat to see how the chips will fall
                      That they are.... who do think has the best chance against GSW of that group ?
                      I'd go with the Thunder.
                      - TGO

Comment

• They’re at the post....
                        and as of noon the turtles as the late Daryl wells would say...”are off and pacing”

At noon...The Heat with their season on the line and no lead guard in josh Richardson play the Raps. If they lose this will be the last round up for Dwayne Wade, The raps..with due respect..say Adios to Flash. Raps W

next up at 4pm is late entrant to the derby Charlotte ..Who are on the road and taking on the Pistons who most feel will get the 6th seed. Charloote is playing loose and easy. Upset special here as Charlotte takes one from the Pistons and throws the race into a serious study of tie breakers and what ifs.

The 5pm game is the VBG. The Virtual Beer Game. It’s possible for Indy to still finish 4th and with Boston playing later tonight they won’t know for sure so look for Indy to play to win. The Nets can punch their ticket with a win. But it’s going to be hard . They are on the second game of a road B2B. They can survive a loss and it’s hard to win on the road in the NBA. Indy W.

The Magic visit the Gahden tonight. The Celtics depending on what happens in Indy will be looking at a game they want to win to finish up homecourt seeding in their favour or being able to rest anyone. The Magic with a win would secure 6 or 7. So it depends on the Indy game. The Magic have a win and will play hard regardless.... Magic W.

Later tonight there should be a pretty good idea of who finishes where..really hoping for that Charlotte win.

- TGO

Comment

• A solo for the Miami Heats playoff run which ended today in Toronto.

[vid] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RABx4PhQuRI[/vid]
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Apr 7, 2019, 04:10 PM.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Pistons are down close to a 20 burger at the half. 62 to 40.
                            Casey as we speak is furiously making several in game adjustments.

Blake Griffin is one of the most unlikable players in the NBA.

EDIT @5:50PM ... Caseys adjustments have cut the lead to 8.
                            EDIT @ 6:24 PM... Casey adjustments must have run their course... Hornets win by 13.

Collars and sphincters are tightening considerably in Motown...
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Apr 7, 2019, 06:24 PM.
                            - TGO

Comment

• A debt owed is a debt owed... with a win over the Pacers.. on the road no less... the Brooklyn Nets make the post season.

To the Right Honourable Planet Mars esq and the Right Honourable BertaRapsfan esq.. who won fair and square a gentlemans wager that the Brooklyn Nets would not fall out of the playoffs due to Orlando making the playoffs... Two virtual beers.

- TGO

Comment

• Lol okay casey
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X