No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you guys can be afraid of Orlando, Detroit or Brooklyn is beyond me lol. How can you think or have faith that we will get to the finals if you're worried about these teams. Unless you don't think we will and you think we will lose in the first round, which is crazy talk. Now I don't believe we will sweep Orlando at all but we will win that series probably in 5, at most 6.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      How you guys can be afraid of Orlando, Detroit or Brooklyn is beyond me lol. How can you think or have faith that we will get to the finals if you're worried about these teams. Unless you don't think we will and you think we will lose in the first round, which is crazy talk. Now I don't believe we will sweep Orlando at all but we will win that series probably in 5, at most 6.
      I don't think anyone is really afraid of these teams.

Orlando's Isaac and Gordon are tough defenders that will make life hell for Siakam and Kawhi. Siakam especially has struggled against Orlando all season long. They also have good 3pt shooters. Ross and Fournier can get hot. And kill you from outside. Ross scored like 9 straight buckets against the Celtics yesterday. Orlando have also beaten some really good teams this year including the Warriors and Bucks.

Detroit's front line is really big.. and we struggle. Blake gives Siakam fits. We don't really have anyone that can cover Blake well. Maybe Kawhi here and there, but even then Blake has the size on him. Ibaka is too slow. We don't have a natural PF that can guard him. And since we don't have JV around.. Gasol is pretty soft in the paint so Drummond will eat him alive. And for some reason Ish Smith gives us trouble. Just a big guard that has his way in the paint. There is also the Casey angle. Losing to Casey in the first round would be so damn humiliating.. it's not worth even getting that opportunity in my opinion (even though we should win). If we lose it would be worse than getting swept by Lebron again.

Nets shoot a lot of 3's and if they get hot, there is not much you can do. Although they are probably the easiest of the 3 teams. Just because they have nobody that can cover either Siakam or Kawhi.

Like many Raps fans my insecurity pops up around now. Beating a first round opponent in 4 or 5 games would be such a relief for our collective anxiety. Hopefully that happens this year regardless of the team we face.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Orlando and Brooklyn are in.. only one spot left with three teams chasing for it. Charlotte and Miami cannot get the 7th seed. best they can do is get 8th.

How we get Brooklyn:
        - Brooklyn loses to Miami. Orlando beats Charlotte.
        - Brooklyn loses to Miami. Orlando loses to Charlotte. Detroit beats both NY and Memphis.

How we get Orlando:
        - Brooklyn loses to Miami. Orlando loses to Charlotte. Detroit loses at least once.
        - Brooklyn beats Miami. Orlando beats Charlotte.

How we get Detroit:
        - Brooklyn beats Miami. Orlando loses to Charlotte. Detroit beats both Memphis and NY.
        I think the bold is probably the most likely scenario. Brooklyn & Orlando are clinched so they may take the foot off the gas a little, whereas Miami & Charlotte will come in fighting. Detroit is hobbling with Griffin down, so they may drop at least 1 of their last games, though their last games are easy. What happens if Charlotte, Miami & Detroit win all their remaining games? It will be a 3-way tie with 3 teams with 41 wins.

Comment

I don't think anyone is really afraid of these teams.

Orlando's Isaac and Gordon are tough defenders that will make life hell for Siakam and Kawhi. Siakam especially has struggled against Orlando all season long. They also have good 3pt shooters. Ross and Fournier can get hot. And kill you from outside. Ross scored like 9 straight buckets against the Celtics yesterday. Orlando have also beaten some really good teams this year including the Warriors and Bucks.

Detroit's front line is really big.. and we struggle. Blake gives Siakam fits. We don't really have anyone that can cover Blake well. Maybe Kawhi here and there, but even then Blake has the size on him. Ibaka is too slow. We don't have a natural PF that can guard him. And since we don't have JV around.. Gasol is pretty soft in the paint so Drummond will eat him alive. And for some reason Ish Smith gives us trouble. Just a big guard that has his way in the paint. There is also the Casey angle. Losing to Casey in the first round would be so damn humiliating.. it's not worth even getting that opportunity in my opinion (even though we should win). If we lose it would be worse than getting swept by Lebron again.

Nets shoot a lot of 3's and if they get hot, there is not much you can do. Although they are probably the easiest of the 3 teams. Just because they have nobody that can cover either Siakam or Kawhi.

Like many Raps fans my insecurity pops up around now. Beating a first round opponent in 4 or 5 games would be such a relief for our collective anxiety. Hopefully that happens this year regardless of the team we face.
          pretty much spot on..also vucevic gives the raps trouble...

I don't buy this .."we beat them when we try try "... I'm sure they tried hard against them after losing by like 30 pts but they still lost easily to Orlando ..at home no less although I think Kawhi was out.

griffin is hurt so less scared of the Pistons now.

raps need an easy first round for many reasons 1) rest veterans 2) build confidence 3) shoe other teams they're legit and give them a scare... struggling in the 1st round gives our 2nd round opponent a confidence boost that we're quite beatable

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

I think the bold is probably the most likely scenario. Brooklyn & Orlando are clinched so they may take the foot off the gas a little, whereas Miami & Charlotte will come in fighting. Detroit is hobbling with Griffin down, so they may drop at least 1 of their last games, though their last games are easy. What happens if Charlotte, Miami & Detroit win all their remaining games? It will be a 3-way tie with 3 teams with 41 wins.
            3 way tie Charlotte gets the 8th seed
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

We can't get Charlotte or Miami. They will each have 40 wins not 41 (they currently have 38). But Charlotte has the tie breaker for all three and will get the 8th seed.

*EDIT - if Detroit wins their last two they will get 41 wins.. so will get 7 or 8 depending on what happens with Orlando and Brooklyn in their two games.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Lol okay casey
                Ride em to the wheels fall off. Regular season Savant.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Interested to see who sits for us in Game 82...looks like we made need to win that game to finish 2nd overall which could obviously play out to be extremely crucial if we reach our goals..

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Interested to see who sits for us in Game 82...looks like we made need to win that game to finish 2nd overall which could obviously play out to be extremely crucial if we reach our goals..
                    Blake had this to say before the Miami game yesterday:

I think it will be all hands on deck. Nurse want's that HCA over the Warriors.

Comment

Blake had this to say before the Miami game yesterday:

I think it will be all hands on deck. Nurse want's that HCA over the Warriors.
                      Makes sense, doesnt matter how fresh the team is if its a game 7 at GS, nobody winning that.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Makes sense, doesnt matter how fresh the team is if its a game 7 at GS, nobody winning that.
                        Yeah, and plus we don't play again until Saturday.

Speaking of which, is everybody basically penciling it in for 2 pm eastern Saturday? Keon finds as he's getting older, spring is a busy time of year and he has to plan his life around the playoff sked more than ever

Comment

• Leafs schedule is out.. game 3 is on Monday (they are on the road to start their playoffs)... so that most likely means that our game 2 will be on Tuesday.

So if we play game 1 on Saturday.. we'll have 2 days rest before game 2. Could also mean they push game 1 to Sunday. To only give us 1 day of rest between games.

Comment

Leafs schedule is out.. game 3 is on Monday (they are on the road to start their playoffs)... so that most likely means that our game 2 will be on Tuesday.

So if we play game 1 on Saturday.. we'll have 2 days rest before game 2. Could also mean they push game 1 to Sunday. To only give us 1 day of rest between games.

Damnit I'm busy Sunday! fuck the leafs

Comment

• I'm hoping we either get a late Saturday or Sunday game. can't watch Saturday afternoon. I think usually the Saturday starts with a eastern game goes to the west for game 2 then back east for a regular tip of game. we just gotta hope nba doesn't like who Milwaukee match up is and they play 1st Saturday. Boston and Philly will probably get the prime time matchup on sat and Sunday.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Interested to see who sits for us in Game 82...looks like we made need to win that game to finish 2nd overall which could obviously play out to be extremely crucial if we reach our goals..
                                I think it'll just be limited minutes for the starters ..maybe green sits out if hes is still hurting him from last game

Comment

Working...
                                X