Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Blake is not looking good at all right now. Whoever gets the Pistons (assuming they make it) should be able to feast on them. I still think the Magic are the toughest of the bottom dwellers.. Isaac is just too long/quick for Siakam. Hoping to avoid them, but really it doesn't matter.

I'm worried because I'm a Raptor fan.. but this is by far the best team we've ever had.. with the most top end talent we've ever had. And without Lebron James laying a whoop ass on our team.
    If the raptors need more than 5 games in round 1 this year I'll be disappointed. Healthy, shortened rotation. No excuses.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• i think that scenario where we get detroit is relatively likely actually. heat have nothing to play for and wade will likely rest, brooklyn want to hold onto their seed. charlotte and detroit need the games for their playoff hopes, although maybe clifford goes balls out to beat the team that fired him.

vegas has nets by 5.5, hornets by 4.5, and pissed on's by 9.5.

i hope it happens i'd love to sweep detroit

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
        i think that scenario where we get detroit is relatively likely actually. heat have nothing to play for and wade will likely rest, brooklyn want to hold onto their seed. charlotte and detroit need the games for their playoff hopes, although maybe clifford goes balls out to beat the team that fired him.

vegas has nets by 5.5, hornets by 4.5, and pissed on's by 9.5.

i hope it happens i'd love to sweep detroit
        Why would Wade "rest"...honest question though...he's never playing again after this lol

Comment

• What day is game 1? I'm praying not Sunday. I have my cpr recertification from 9am to 3pm lol
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            What day is game 1? I'm praying not Sunday. I have my cpr recertification from 9am to 3pm lol

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Why would Wade "rest"...honest question though...he's never playing again after this lol
              it's a good question but maybe because he went out on a high note (30 pts in a start) at home last night? i don't know but they mentioned on the (raps) broadcast last night that it might be his last game and i think they said the same on nba TV gamenight last night or some other highlights that i was watching.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                What day is game 1? I'm praying not Sunday. I have my cpr recertification from 9am to 3pm lol
                That will come in handy this time of year.

Comment

• So i did some research today. For the Pistons to finish 7th we need them to beat the Knicks tonight, the Hornets to beat the Magic and the Nets to beat the Heat.

I think the Pistons and the Hornets for sure will win their game tonight. So the game to watch is the Heat/Nets game. If the Nets beat the Heat, then we'll play the Pistons in the 1st round and the Nets will play the 6ers. If the Heat beat the Nets, then we'll play the Nets in the 1st round.

Do the Nets really want to play us in the 1st round?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    So i did some research today. For the Pistons to finish 7th we need them to beat the Knicks tonight, the Hornets to beat the Magic and the Nets to beat the Heat.

I think the Pistons and the Hornets for sure will win their game tonight. So the game to watch is the Heat/Nets game. If the Nets beat the Heat, then we'll play the Pistons in the 1st round and the Nets will play the 6ers. If the Heat beat the Nets, then we'll play the Nets in the 1st round.

Do the Nets really want to play us in the 1st round?
                    I like the Nets but they really don’t matchup well with anyone 1-3, their best chance against anyone is to shoot the lights out.

The Magic could give someone some trouble, but their roster has too many holes to make a real splash.

Detroit, like Orlando, sorely lacks quality guard play (especially off the bench). Unless Drummond and Griffin go crazy they should be an easy out.

Comment

• Nets are best matchup defensively for us. they have no one who can guard pascal or kawhi. magic have those long defenders who give them trouble. Pistons on the other hand give us problems as we have no one to guard blake. OG has been the best in the 3 matchup I guess now that he's hurt it might be easier. I'm not worried about who we face I'm actually more interested in who matches up with 6ers and bucks. I want the toughest matchup for them. I think Detroit gives 6ers the best series but I don't think they can get 6th anymore. so give me magic vs 6ers maybe vucevic can get Embiid into foul trouble and pistons vs bucks. Casey got some experience with facing Giannis so maybe that can help.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Fearless predictions for tonight:

Miami win: Heat will play hard to get Wade a win in his last game + the Nets don't want to get anybody hurt
                        Charlotte win: Hornycats are desperate and the Magic also don't want to get anybody hurt
                        Detroit win: Pistons are even more desperate and the Knicks have been playing G-league guys recently

So...... MIA(W) + CHA(W) + DET(W) =

Pretty damn fearless

I am on board with a Heat win... Wade is likely to play as is Udonis Haslem. Haslem is a loooooooooooooooong time heat warrior and is held in high regard by his teammates. Its his last game as well. Sport is equal parts emotion and skill. The Heat team with a ton of emotion on their side will leave blood on the floor to win the last one for Haslem and Wade.

Odds are with the BobHornetCats. They still have a chance to get in. They are at home. They are playing for more in this game than the Magic are. The not so insignficant equalizer for the Magic as pointed out by chris is that Steve Clifford would love to sprinkle holy water on and then drive a stake into the heart of the team that whacked him. The players know this . Game of the night in the east.

The Pistons travel to NYC to play the putrid Knicks on the second night of a back to back. It was all the Pistons could do to beat the Grizz in a game that meant less to the Grizz than a Trudeau apology to 3rd generation relatives of a transgression that happened before Skippy was even born. Sources say that the Knicks won't rest anyone. . But who'd notice anyway. On the Pistons side Casey has whipped these guys hard since the ASG. Blake Griffins knee is at the point where Bruno Caboclo blew by him like he was a dayglo orange pylon. He is hurt .. but play he will. Its not that the Pistons are that good.....its that the Knicks are that effing bad. Agree that the Pistons win a Pyrrhic victory tonight only to be blown out in 4 by the Bucks.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Apr 10, 2019, 01:41 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• I can talk myself into almost every outcome of the East games tonight (except maybe the Pistons losing to the Knicks with the playoffs on the line). DWade tweeting that he's icing his knees and "hopes" to play tonight. Joe Harris is questionable tonight with a sore foot.

Comment

• I want to either play Brooklyn, cause Fuck Brooklyn, or Detroit, cause road playoff games there could be hilarious. Orlando is whatever.

No matter what though, we're gonna kick some team's ass in the first round
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Vooch is questionable for Orlando tonight (illness) and Blake is doubtful for the Pistons. Adjust your tealeaves as you will

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Vooch is questionable for Orlando tonight (illness) and Blake is doubtful for the Pistons. Adjust your tealeaves as you will
                                - Detroit is not going to lose to the Knicks even without Blake.
                                - This is a must win game for the Hornets. They're not losing to the Magic even with a healthy Vucevic.

The game to watch is the Nets/Heat game. Rooting for the Nets to win.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X