No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be interested to see how the Sixers respond tonight. They got side-swiped in game 1 and without Butler would have been blown out. Redick, Simmons and Harris were all terrible and the offense was atrocious. Nets didn't really defend Simmons at all daring him to shoot. On the flip side, Philly had trouble containing the Nets' guards and gave up a ton of good looks. Not sure Nets can play much better, so I expect Philly to bounce back but they've got some work to do.

Comment

• You guys sound like you're already conceding the East to the Bucks.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        You guys sound like you're already conceding the East to the Bucks.
        Some posters say stuff to get a reaction...
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          So looks like Blake is likely out for the first round. And they lost by about 40 in game 1. Bucks will be well rested for round 2. I bet Giannis' ankle heels up nice and well.
          so Casey said Blake's knee can't get any worse by playing last week of the season. rides him into the ground so they sneak into the playoffs now he can't play? great strategy case.. what the point of making the playoffs if your best player who your teams offense revolves around can't play? Pistons looked completely lost out there without him. better off missing and getting a little higher of a pick then be cannon fodder to the bucks. at least he keeps his playoff streak alive I suppose...
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

so Casey said Blake's knee can't get any worse by playing last week of the season. rides him into the ground so they sneak into the playoffs now he can't play? great strategy case.. what the point of making the playoffs if your best player who your teams offense revolves around can't play? Pistons looked completely lost out there without him. better off missing and getting a little higher of a pick then be cannon fodder to the bucks. at least he keeps his playoff streak alive I suppose...
            It's been said before and it'll be said again: Casey gonna Case.

Comment

That's exactly it. Casey was hired to get the Pistons into the playoffs, which he did. He can say he did his job, and now there is zero pressure on him to even win a single game against the top seed without his best player. Next year, the expectation is "make the playoffs and at least put up a fight in round 1". The year after, it's "win a playoff round". The year after, it's "get to round 2". Then comes the contract extension. When it comes to his own career, Casey is a lot smarter (and luckier) than people give him credit for.

Comment

I mean, Casey's the most super important guy in the world and all but I highly doubt that he had the final say on whether Griffin played or not. If the owner and management didn't want him to play he would have sat. If Griffin didn't want to play he would have sat. Griffin played cause the organization wanted to make the playoffs and maybe Griffin thought he could go or maybe he just wanted his teammates to get in cause he thought they earned it.

That, or Casey mind-magic tricked everyone into making Griffin play so Casey wouldn't get fired? Probably it.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I mean, Casey's the most super important guy in the world and all but I highly doubt that he had the final say on whether Griffin played or not. If the owner and management didn't want him to play he would have sat. If Griffin didn't want to play he would have sat. Griffin played cause the organization wanted to make the playoffs and maybe Griffin thought he could go or maybe he just wanted his teammates to get in cause he thought they earned it.

That, or Casey mind-magic tricked everyone into making Griffin play so Casey wouldn't get fired? Probably it.
                  idk somethings fishy. blake said today if it was his choice he would be playing in the playoffs said it's not painful and it's not his decision not to play if it was he would play. coming off Casey saying goes last week of season that his knee is hurt but can't get anymore damage by playing. seems like Blake and Casey pushed for him to play final week before trainers and mgmt stepped in and said were not risking blake future health.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    You guys sound like you're already conceding the East to the Bucks.

I mean just look at this dude.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I mean just look at this dude.
                      Damn. That guy looks like a young Spicy P.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Damn. That guy looks like a young Spicy P.
                        Mild sauce P
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• damm philly comes out guns ablazing balls to the wall. Nets have been able to handle the storm thus far tho. looking like it will be a great game

Comment

• refs now racking up weak fouls on brooklyn big men...

Comment

• Man Embiid is melting down. 3 hard fouls in two minutes withe last one being at least a flagrant 1. Philly fans are awful too.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                                Man Embiid is melting down. 3 hard fouls in two minutes withe last one being at least a flagrant 1. Philly fans are awful too.
                                that should be a flagrant 2 imo. That was brutal and clearly targeted

Comment

Working...
                                X