Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Oh man Kawhi is so going to the Clippers next year. Doc Rivers and co and building something special.
    Meh. Clippers lost by 17 in Game 1 and were down 30 in Game 2. Warriors took their foot off the gas pedal and they made a miraculous comeback. It was a great comeback, but there is nothing special about them.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Meh. Clippers lost by 17 in Game 1 and were down 30 in Game 2. Warriors took their foot off the gas pedal and they made a miraculous comeback. It was a great comeback, but there is nothing special about them.
      They have a couple really nice looking rookies. They have some hungry young guys. They have a great owner, a great front office and one of the greatest coaches of all-time. They also play in LA and have a tonne of cap space. They're a legit threat to the Raptors keeping Kawhi.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

They have a couple really nice looking rookies. They have some hungry young guys. They have a great owner, a great front office and one of the greatest coaches of all-time. They also play in LA and have a tonne of cap space. They're a legit threat to the Raptors keeping Kawhi.
        And there are people who still believe (like Casey) that Lou Williams singlehandedly destroyed the Raptors team chemistry that season he was here. But damn that effing Jerry West. The guy must wake up shitting gold bars or something. The only advantage we have now of keeping Kawhi is load management and the 5th guaranteed year. Everything else is in the Clippers favor.

Jerry West: "So Kawhi, do want to play with guys who completed the greatest playoff comeback in the history of the NBA against the greatest team ever assembled (by me, btw), or do you want to play with a guy who scored zero points in a loss to a 7 seed?"

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And there are people who still believe (like Casey) that Lou Williams singlehandedly destroyed the Raptors team chemistry that season he was here. But damn that effing Jerry West. The guy must wake up shitting gold bars or something. The only advantage we have now of keeping Kawhi is load management and the 5th guaranteed year. Everything else is in the Clippers favor.

Jerry West: "So Kawhi, do want to play with guys who completed the greatest playoff comeback in the history of the NBA against the greatest team ever assembled (by me, btw), or do you want to play with a guy who scored zero points in a loss to a 7 seed?"
          No, it's probably going to be like...

Jerry West: Kawhi, come home and lead this Clippers team to a Championship. We have a lot of good supporting pieces, we have the money to go get you a star sidekick, tell us who you want. You'll be coached by Doc Rivers. We stole a game from the Warriors without you. Think about what we could do with you and another guy? Let's go get the championship at home.

I can sense this all bothers you but the Raptors are not out of the woods. If they were then he would just say so.

Comment

• Yeah Kawhi is gone.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

No, it's probably going to be like...

Jerry West: Kawhi, come home and lead this Clippers team to a Championship. We have a lot of good supporting pieces, we have the money to go get you a star sidekick, tell us who you want. You'll be coached by Doc Rivers. We stole a game from the Warriors without you. Think about what we could do with you and another guy? Let's go get the championship at home.

I can sense this all bothers you but the Raptors are not out of the woods. If they were then he would just say so.

Doesn't bother me at all. From the beginning, I've been giving Raps a 10-20% chance, with the best case scenario being Kawhi signing a 1+1, but only if we make the Finals.

Comment

• Good riddance too
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• You guys are hilarious. First of all.. LA is not technically home. He lives in San Diego which is a few hours away. Secondly, he's never played for Doc before. Doc may have a good reputation, but he bailed on Greg Fucking Popovich. If he gave a shit about the coach he would never have left San Antonio.

The only reason he goes to LA is for his family.. not how good the Clippers were this year. This Clipper team right now will not be the same team next year if they get Kawhi. They have to dump assets to get him. And more if they want another star next to him. So does Kawhi want to play with guys like Harrell, Shai and Landry Shamet? Or with Siakam, OG and Norm? And if Kawhi wants to play with another star... well in a year we have a boat load of cap space with Serge's, Marc's, Kyle's, and Fred's salaries coming off the books.

And Jerry West is the man but he's 80 years old.. geez. Is that guy still going to be alive in a few years? Masai is only 45. And I could see Jerry going back to the Lakers if he still wants to work. Lakers will give him a god father contract to pouch him from the Clippers.

I suspect you guys are secretly hoping Kawhi does leave.. just so you can say "I told ya so". Stay positive. It's a best of 7 and we're still a good team. We won 58 games without really trying. Raptors coasted in game 1 and they got caught with their pants down. I see the real Rap team showing up tonight.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    You guys are hilarious. First of all.. LA is not technically home. He lives in San Diego which is a few hours away. Secondly, he's never played for Doc before. Doc may have a good reputation, but he bailed on Greg Fucking Popovich. If he gave a shit about the coach he would never have left San Antonio.

The only reason he goes to LA is for his family.. not how good the Clippers were this year. This Clipper team right now will not be the same team next year if they get Kawhi. They have to dump assets to get him. And more if they want another star next to him. So does Kawhi want to play with guys like Harrell, Shai and Landry Shamet? Or with Siakam, OG and Norm? And if Kawhi wants to play with another star... well in a year we have a boat load of cap space with Serge's, Marc's, Kyle's, and Fred's salaries coming off the books.

And Jerry West is the man but he's 80 years old.. geez. Is that guy still going to be alive in a few years? Masai is only 45. And I could see Jerry going back to the Lakers if he still wants to work. Lakers will give him a god father contract to pouch him from the Clippers.

I suspect you guys are secretly hoping Kawhi does leave.. just so you can say "I told ya so". Stay positive. It's a best of 7 and we're still a good team. We won 58 games without really trying. Raptors coasted in game 1 and they got caught with their pants down. I see the real Rap team showing up tonight.

Damn, PM, of course we all want Kawhi to stay, but I think the best approach is to concede he's gone next year and try to get the most out of this "one year in heaven". Hopefully, Lowry can get his shit together and play ball.

And OG & Norm is a selling point? Are you kidding me?

Comment

• So on the glass half full side of an improbable Clippers comeback win last night the dominant theory from 48 hours ago that it’s over..that the NBA doesn’t even have to play the games now ..because the Warriors are just so effing good....was maybe a bit premature.

Its not like the warriors are now dirt. But it sure shows they can be had. Can they be had in a seven game series? Guess the Raps will find out.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Damn, PM, of course we all want Kawhi to stay, but I think the best approach is to concede he's gone next year and try to get the most out of this "one year in heaven". Hopefully, Lowry can get his shit together and play ball.

Not so much Norm, but OG is part of the young squad who has potential. The main selling points are Pascal’s rise to stardom and the medical staff (which Kawhi already praised).

Comment

Why conceded he's gone next year though? Why be pessimistic? Greater than 50% chance he stays in my opinion. This isn't one year in heaven. We got next year.. and a full training camp with Marc. Yeah I hope Lowry does better.. but he's like our 3rd or 4th best player now. Siakam is above him in the totem pole. He's about as far up as Danny and Marc.

Norm is a selling point... they're best buds. Who are Shai and Landry Shamet though? Are they selling points? LOL. Clippers have nobody on their team and yet Kawhi wants to go there?

It's all about his family. And yet his second kid was born in Toronto. His uncle is chatting it up with the CargoJet CEO. I think the family likes it here.. and why wouldn't they? Canada is fucking awesome.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Why conceded he's gone next year though? Why be pessimistic? Greater than 50% chance he stays in my opinion. This isn't one year in heaven. We got next year.. and a full training camp with Marc. Yeah I hope Lowry does better.. but he's like our 3rd or 4th best player now. Siakam is above him in the totem pole. He's about as far up as Danny and Marc.

Norm is a selling point... they're best buds. Who are Shai and Landry Shamet though? Are they selling points? LOL. Clippers have nobody on their team and yet Kawhi wants to go there?

It's all about his family. And yet his second kid was born in Toronto. His uncle is chatting it up with the CargoJet CEO. I think the family likes it here.. and why wouldn't they? Canada is fucking awesome.

Yeah LA is a dystopic social experiment gone bad...
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• AND maybe the clippers chase Durant first and prioritize him while the raps dangle the $200 million contract.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                                AND maybe the clippers chase Durant first and prioritize him while the raps dangle the $200 million contract.
                                Frankly I think they'd have a better chance getting KD than they would Kawhi. KD can have his own team. he'll be in LA so a big market. NY has a terrible owner and his career could end up like Melo's if he's not careful.

Comment

Working...
                                X