No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bucks just ran Detroit off the floor tonight. Again. Game 3 is in Detroit. Where they will do it again wearing their road green instead of home whites. This is not something you want to watch. Get out the brooms.

The Pacers hung in there but once again they didn't play the full 48 tonight and lost contact with the game in the fourth quarter. They were up by double digits going into the 4th and then just stalled out putting up 12 points. Nate must be dying. I think they get one in Indy.They are short one dyanmic shooting guard which would make a huge difference in this series.

The Rockets just blew out the Jazz in the first quarter. Then kept the foot on the gas and it was over at the half. Not sure what Snyder can do. He doesn't have the personnel to stop D'Antoni ball. Look Houston could go cold for a game but this has the makings of a sweep as well.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Huge bummer Blake Griffin has been injured, would at least make one of those games interesting.

Absolute shame (or treat I suppose) that Houston and Golden State play in round two.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        We're lucky we're not facing Celtics in 2nd round.
        meh

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Absolute shame (or treat I suppose) that Houston and Golden State play in round two.
          One thing that's certain, whichever of those two teams makes it through, they should have a cakewalk in the conference final. Meanwhile ours should be a bloodbath. West squad gonna come into the Finals well rested.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

One thing that's certain, whichever of those two teams makes it through, they should have a cakewalk in the conference final. Meanwhile ours should be a bloodbath. West squad gonna come into the Finals well rested.
            Meh
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Gobert was getting exposed out there. I know DPOY is a regular season award.. but if the votes were casted now, he wouldn't be getting my vote. Harden is just too good.

Poor Casey.. gets blown out again despite having the 1pt lead at half. Tough without Griffin, but they lost big again.

And man Indiana plays hard but they have no idea how to score in the clutch. So many dumb decisions. Orlando > Indiana without Dipo. I'd say Milwaukee has the easiest match up against all teams in the playoffs. The second easiest is probably Boston's.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I think your right on the East being a bloodbath.... The three most physical teams in the conference are the Raps .. Chowders and Philly. and they are seeded to be in the Easts final four.

In the West .. the physical bully on the block is the Thunder... and after that.. .possibly the Spurs and Jazz. GSW isn't what you would think of as a tough team. Same for Houston. They both have guys who make sure they are surrounded by teammates and pay them money so if something starts they are there to "hold me back" in scrums. But OKC with Adams and Grant and Westbrook are hard asses. Portland doesn't play that game and neither does Denver. Right now the final four in the west project to be GSW.. Houston... Portland/OKC and Denver/Spurs.

Whoever comes out of the East is going to be a pretty physical team compared to the West... Does it matter... Depends on how the NBA instructs its officials to call the game... Let em play.. or call it all.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 18, 2019, 09:54 AM.
                - TGO

Comment

• That Bucks/Celtics 2nd round series if going to be really good. Two top defensive teams going at each other. May just come down to whether Celtics can slow down Giannis. Brad might be able to salvage his golden ora Boston pulls it off.

Comment

• So tonight in the prelims.. round 1 of the NBA.... there are 3 pretty to very interesting games.

GSW after coughing up a huge hairball and giving up a 30 point lead goes to LA tonight. Its either redemption for the Warriors and the theme moves to "thats what they needed" or "a one time blip"
                    OR
                    They lose tonight and the story shifts to "internal strife wracks Warriors" or "the Durant saga is real and playing on the physce of Golden State"
                    ts going to be pretty loud inside the Staples centre tonight. The Clips will be amped up. Should be fun tonight. Regardless of the outcome of the game tonight...the Warriors are going to win this series.

The Nuggets go into San Antonio where they haven't won in about a decade. This series was the one most looked at as an upset based on the 2 vs 7 seedings. The Spurs are plug and play. You pretty much get the same level of effort every game. Its who they are. The Nuggets have more talent 1 through 5 than the Spurs do but they are newbies to the playoffs. I think if the Nuggets can take games 3 AND 5.. they win the series. The spurs wont be crushed by a split at home. Game 5 of the seven gamer is the bellweather on who takes this series.

Hard to imagine but the talk in the Philly soap opera is that Brett Brown is coaching for his job in this series. Who knows he might be. The Process can be cruel eh ? Philly is leaking oil right now. As I have pointed out to the point of being a Harpie.. Joel Embiid is fat and out of shape. Its showing now. He is lumbering up and down the court and gets gassed easily. When your tired you make mistakes. He is unbelievably lucky not to have been tossed for his elbow to the head of Allen and the game was still up for grabs. Ben Simmons jump shot is still in witness protection and while he posts numbers they are like empty calories. After a real starburst to start Tobias Harris has returned to being the good player he is.. but not the kingmaker he was made out to be when the trade happened. Jimmy Butler is still not 100% but he remains the guy who can win games late. The Nets are playing with house money and are delighted with the split on the road. Their home court is nothing to write home about though so they are going to rely on having a couple of games where they get a high percentage of their 3s to fall. I think the Nets get at worst a split at home as Philly sucks on the road.... If they get hot from the arc for a couple of games and D'Angelo Russell has a game... they could take both games in Brooklyn If they do that... Philly is going to be on the ropes and having to listen to the Philly media question everything about them.

Fearless Predictions for Tonight for the lead seeds.

GSW - Win
                    Nugget.s - Win
                    Philly - Loss
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 18, 2019, 11:04 AM.
                    - TGO

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      That Bucks/Celtics 2nd round series if going to be really good. Two top defensive teams going at each other. May just come down to whether Celtics can slow down Giannis. Brad might be able to salvage his golden ora Boston pulls it off.
                      Boston just has too many weapons and Bucks have no answer for Kyrie. Giannis is going to get his but I doubt Celtics will let others get going
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• You talking about the Sheridan article? I don't know... whenever I read "sources close to the team" I see, "I heard some rumors from somewhere" and I can't say that in the story so I am pretending that I heard from someone in the know to lend credence to my wild speculation.

GSW is fine. They got their wake-up call a game later than Toronto and Philly. Speaking of the Sixers, I liked their adjustments in game 2. Philly should be fine as well. Nuggets/Spurs is tough. Tonight could really flip that series one way or the other.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Boston just has too many weapons and Bucks have no answer for Kyrie. Giannis is going to get his but I doubt Celtics will let others get going
                          If this is the round two matchup... I hope they beat the shit out of each other and go the full 7.
                          - TGO

Comment

• That Philly series the Rap's would be looking at isn't going to be a walk in the park either.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              And then the Pacers just throw the ball away lmao
                              Yeah, I think it was a timing play and the inbounder passed to exactly where he was supposed to pass to, but Turner failed to set a pick and Bogdanovic just kinda stopped running when the pick didn't come. Timing plays to the far side of the court look great when they work (like that inbounds that the Raptors ran to get Gasol a potential game-winning 3 against Detroit), and a mess when they don't.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post

Yeah, I think it was a timing play and the inbounder passed to exactly where he was supposed to pass to, but Turner failed to set a pick and Bogdanovic just kinda stopped running when the pick didn't come. Timing plays to the far side of the court look great when they work (like that inbounds that the Raptors ran to get Gasol a potential game-winning 3 against Detroit), and a mess when they don't.
                                Yeah, Pacers fell apart at the end of the game. Felt bad for them as they played a good game for 3Q. Relying on Bogey to create and close is not his game. Matthews hit some big shots. Very physical. They will win at least 1 game at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X