Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Spurs keep on finding these dudes that can ball. Raps need to improve their scouting
    I agree. Pascal Siakam, Fred Van Vliet, Jakob Poeltl, Norm Powell, Delon Wright and OG Anunoby are all terrible. None of them are...., checks notes, some guy you saw play for the first time last night.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      White looks like a special player. If Dejounte Murray lives up to his potential, then the Spurs are going to have a great team next year.
      Dejounte Murray can't shoot beyond 6 ft. Spurs will definitely be special next year- they'll be the only team in the NBA with a starting lineup with nobody who can shoot a 3.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Dejounte Murray can't shoot beyond 6 ft. Spurs will definitely be special next year- they'll be the only team in the NBA with a starting lineup with nobody who can shoot a 3.
        Kevin Pelton wrote an article the other day about why White should be 1st team all defense this year. Before the season began, most basketball experts ranked Murray as the best defensive PG in the NBA. White and Murray are the future backcourt of the Spurs. They're going to lock a lot of teams up.

As for shooting 3, White shot 34% from 3 this year. That's not bad for a player playing his first full season. Murray is only 22. He's going to get better.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Kevin Pelton wrote an article the other day about why White should be 1st team all defense this year. Before the season began, most basketball experts ranked Murray as the best defensive PG in the NBA. White and Murray are the future backcourt of the Spurs. They're going to lock a lot of teams up.

As for shooting 3, White shot 34% from 3 this year. That's not bad for a player playing his first full season. Murray is only 22. He's going to get better.
          Look at you, being all positive.
          I guess it’s not Raptor related so that makes some level of sense.

Comment

Spurs keep on finding these dudes that can ball. Raps need to improve their scouting
            Based on a single game you come up with this totally erroneous assertion. C'mon man...

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Based on a single game you come up with this totally erroneous assertion. C'mon man...
              What do you mean one game? Spurs have a history of finding high level role players.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Look at you, being all positive.
                I guess it’s not Raptor related so that makes some level of sense.
                It's pretty easy to be positive when it comes to the Spurs because they have a great winning history. I'm pretty sure Buford and Pop and all those guys know what they're doing. Compare to the Raptors:

- Lost to a bad Nets team in 2014
                - Got swept by a bad Wiz team in 2015.
                - Got swept by a bad Cavs team last year.
                - 2-14 all time in Game 1's
                - The best PG in franchise history is known as a playoff choker.
                - They always gets blown out on the road in the playoffs.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

It's pretty easy to be positive when it comes to the Spurs because they have a great winning history. I'm pretty sure Buford and Pop and all those guys know what they're doing. Compare to the Raptors:

were building our winning history right now.. I'm sure if you go back and look at when pop started coaching he wasnt winning a championship ever year.

3 straight 50 win seasons.
                  longest playoff streak behind the spurs and warriors.
                  threat to make the ECF for the last 4 seasons.
                  we've been through the hell from 2002 to 2012. our winning history is being built right now!!!
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

were building our winning history right now.. I'm sure if you go back and look at when pop started coaching he wasnt winning a championship ever year.

3 straight 50 win seasons.
                    longest playoff streak behind the spurs and warriors.
                    threat to make the ECF for the last 4 seasons.
                    we've been through the hell from 2002 to 2012. our winning history is being built right now!!!
                    I mean, they had GREAT reg seasons sure. But they ALWAYS flames out in the playoffs. That's not a winning history.

Also, what happens if Kawhi leaves? i know some here will say "we have Siakam" lol. Siakam is not a guy you can build your team around to win a championship. Chris Bosh in his prime was 10x better than Siakam, and i never thought of Bosh as a guy you can build your team around to win a championship.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Buford hasn't done squat since he drafted Kawhi and they've been treadmilling since Duncan left. Buford's "marquee" free agent signings have been old-school players who can't shoot 3's, like: Gay, Aldrige, Gasol and they traded for another one (DeRozan), while giving up on an elite 3&D like Green. It's like Buford has no concept of the modern NBA. And they draft Murray who can't shoot the 3 and White who is just learning. The only thing keeping them from being a perennial lottery team is Pop.
                      Last edited by golden; Fri Apr 19, 2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Buford hasn't done squat since he drafted Kawhi and they've been treadmilling since Duncan left. Buford's "marquee" free agent signings have been old-school players who can't shoot 3's, like: Gay, Aldrige, Gasol and they traded for another one (DeRozan), while giving up on an elite 3&D like Green. It's like Buford has not concept of the modern NBA. And they draft Murray who can't shoot the 3 and White who is just learning. The only thing keeping them from being a perennial lottery team is Pop.
                        I think Buford has done a terrific job.

the fact that they got a perennial all star in DeRozan and a good rotation big in Poeltl for a guy who clearly wanted out in Kawhi? that's a win.

Murray and White were both drafted 29th overall. Both are future stars. People forgot how good Murray was last year. Yes, he can't shoot 3's but hes already an elite defender. And he's only 22.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I mean, they had GREAT reg seasons sure. But they ALWAYS flames out in the playoffs. That's not a winning history.

Also, what happens if Kawhi leaves? i know some here will say "we have Siakam" lol. Siakam is not a guy you can build your team around to win a championship. Chris Bosh in his prime was 10x better than Siakam, and i never thought of Bosh as a guy you can build your team around to win a championship.
                          probably 27 teams would gladly trade the last 5 years of raptors history with their own. their Can only be 1 champion does that mean we should just give up? Masai has built one of the best programs in the NBA after being a laughing stock for a decade. I don't know how anyone who has been a life long raptor fan can be upset at our position right now. if you can't be positive about where we are right now I don't know what will make you happy. maybe become a bandwagon warriors fans. I'm proud of the way we are doing things building the right way. not buying a superstars Yankees style. masai inherited an old beat up dodge neon and turned it into a top end sports car. Pimp my ride style.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

What do you mean one game? Spurs have a history of finding high level role players.
                            Your implication White is a great player based on last nights game. Yes Spurs have decent draft history and so do the Raptors. Recently one could argue Raptors have done a better job than the Spurs!

Comment

• So the last 2 pages/24 hours of this thread is just t rex trolling raps fans and mixxaor subtly trolling

cool
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                So the last 2 pages/24 hours of this thread is just t rex trolling raps fans and mixxaor subtly trolling

cool

Comment

Working...
                                X