No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blake is now going to play on a bum knee after going down 2-0 against a much better team. dunno if that's a good move
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Curious what forumites' opinions are regarding this quote and actions by Embiid after the Dudley scuffle today.

"First of all, he's a nobody, and when opponents try to do stuff like that, that's just to get us out of the game, I'm too valuable to my team, that's why I didn't react."

"In that type of situation I just have to stay composed and be mature and let it go," he said. "Because my teammates need me more than (his teammates) need him, so I've just got to be mature."

What might prompt the debate is that, at the start of the fracas, Embiid walks deliberately away from the scrum, hands in the air - so, does one think that's a 'smart' play to not get involved at all in the fracas, or does it show a lack of support to his teammates?

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        Curious what forumites' opinions are regarding this quote and actions by Embiid after the Dudley scuffle today.

"First of all, he's a nobody, and when opponents try to do stuff like that, that's just to get us out of the game, I'm too valuable to my team, that's why I didn't react."

"In that type of situation I just have to stay composed and be mature and let it go," he said. "Because my teammates need me more than (his teammates) need him, so I've just got to be mature."

What might prompt the debate is that, at the start of the fracas, Embiid walks deliberately away from the scrum, hands in the air - so, does one think that's a 'smart' play to not get involved at all in the fracas, or does it show a lack of support to his teammates?
        Embiid is right. it was obvious to anyone watching dudley wants to get into with a player better them him. tried to mess with Simmons he took the bait. tried to get joel their but he knew better. butler screwed up and engaged. it's a win for the Nets. Joel was smart to stay out of it

Comment

• So Griffin had an impact in the quarter, and Giannis held scoreless - yet the Pistons still down 8 after the first quarter

Comment

Curious what forumites' opinions are regarding this quote and actions by Embiid after the Dudley scuffle today.

Well, as a forumite that did not witness the fracas, but have read descriptions, I'd say that's the right move for Embiid. When a series starts to get out of hand, tempers from the losing team often flare up, and whether premeditated or not, guys on the losing end will try to drag guys on the winning team down with them. It's a temper/mental game within the game. And it's usually a so-so role player trying to get one of the best players on the winning team out of their game.

Not saying you should always roll-over and fold, but if the goal is to win, walking away from this trap is often the best way. An ejection of a key player, or even a tech in a close game can swing a close series the other way.
            Last edited by inthepaint; Sat Apr 20, 2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• The Pistons have that lost, aimless look in these games, that I know all too well.

Comment

So Griffin had an impact in the quarter, and Giannis held scoreless - yet the Pistons still down 8 after the first quarter
                Blake's playing really good D on him. just like we saw with pascal. Blake is the perfect mix of strength and agility to guard that type of player

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Blake's playing really good D on him. just like we saw with pascal. Blake is the perfect mix of strength and agility to guard that type of player
                  The rest of the team has not played with much poise or effectiveness.

Comment

• Drummond was totally taken out of the game in the first 5 minutes.

Comment

• HA Casey has commented that Thon Maker reminds him of a young Pascal Siakam.

Comment

• Bucks making Pistons look like the Knicks.

Comment

That was the second time Embiid took a hard foul on Allen. Allen is still a kid and Joel is trying to bully him. The bit where he does the laughing apology for the first questionable hard foul with his his elbow to the head of Allen in game 2 likely pissed off the Nets a bit as well. Dudley did what he was supposed to do . Stick up for a younger teammate. For me Embiid looked like he kinda turtled. It’s the NBA where they just don’t fight but he did the full Roberto Duran “no mas” as he backpeddled out of there when the vet Dudley raced in and gave him a shove for Allen.

Joel wanted no part of Dudley. Agree it’s a bad trade of him for Dudley..but Joel has the look of someone who when faced with a guy who just might push back..retreats pretty quick.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Ya wonder about where FVV can match-up with Bucks bench. Connaughton and Hill both have good size. Sterling Brown is a SG/SF. Other than Bledsoe who is much quicker and faster than FVV.

Comment

• Sure glad we did not pick-up Ellington.

Comment

• Harden went 3 for 20 but got 16 free throws. That game must have been awful to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X