No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other new, the Suns are now looking for a sixth coach in five years. They may be firing the wrong person continuously.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      In other new, the Suns are now looking for a sixth coach in five years. They may be firing the wrong person continuously.
      That organization is such a dumpster fire.

Comment

• Nice to see the Jazz win one yesterday. Tough to be down 3-0 and come out swinging. We've seen the Raptors lay many goose eggs being down 3-0 in the past. Houston should still win the series as I don't believe any team in the NBA has ever come back being down 0-3.

Comment

In other new, the Suns are now looking for a sixth coach in five years. They may be firing the wrong person continuously.
          I thought Kokoskov did a decent job given all the injuries, his lack of experience and the language barrier. If you looked at their starting five, he had almost no experience out there, he had no legit NBA PG, yet if you read the Phoenix blogs, etc., they all say the players individually improved as the season went on. Maybe he wasn't the right guy but you can't keep firing coaches every year. Some of those players have now had 2-3 coaches in their NBA careers and you can't build anything with that type of turnover. Josh Jackson will have 4 coaches in 2 years! I can't imagine many coaches wanting that job.

It's sad to watch one of the historically top franchises in the NBA fall into the state they are in now. Since the end of the 2011 season, they have finished above .500 once! And that was mostly a fluke.

Comment

Can't fire the owner
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

3 straight sweeps for Casey. a even crazy stat they showed on TNT. Detroit has now lost 14 straight playoff games. pretty shity for what Dwayne was calling a month ago a storied history. these aren't the bad boys anymore. I gained a lot of respect for blake that game dude was at like 50% down 3-0 against a way more talented team and laid everything he had on the court. respect
              3 straight times eliminated by sweep...the last 2 sweeps were in the 2nd round to be fair.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

3 straight times eliminated by sweep...the last 2 sweeps were in the 2nd round to be fair.
                4 out of 5 sweeps, I think. Lost count.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

4 out of 5 sweeps, I think. Lost count.
                  Nope..3 out of 4

Casey & Raptors playoff history:
                  Lose in 7
                  Lose in 4
                  Win in 7
                  Win in 6
                  Lose in 6
                  Win in 6
                  Lose in 4
                  Win in 6
                  Lose in 4
                  2019: Raptors ???, Casey Lose in 4

Raps have a chance to get back to .500 in playoff series since 2014, which actually isn't god awful considering 15/16 teams end every run with a playoff loss.

Comment

Nope..3 out of 4

Casey & Raptors playoff history:
                    Lose in 7
                    Lose in 4
                    Win in 7
                    Win in 6
                    Lose in 6
                    Win in 6
                    Lose in 4
                    Win in 6
                    Lose in 4
                    2019: Raptors ???, Casey Lose in 4

Raps have a chance to get back to .500 in playoff series since 2014, which actually isn't god awful considering 15/16 teams end every run with a playoff loss.
                    I thought we were talking about elimination series. Casey's last 5 playoff exits:

2019: swept by Bucks
                    2018: swept by Lebronto
                    2017: swept by Lebronto
                    2016: 6 games (Lebronto & Co partied for 2 games)
                    2015: swept by Wizards

People always seem to remember how you exit.... if you went down swinging, or bent over (not backwards).

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I thought we were talking about elimination series. Casey's last 5 playoff exits:

2019: swept by Bucks
                      2018: swept by Lebronto
                      2017: swept by Lebronto
                      2016: 6 games (Lebronto & Co partied for 2 games)
                      2015: swept by Wizards

People always seem to remember how you exit.... if you went down swinging, or bent over (not backwards).
                      Fair enough. Thoughts and Prayers for coach Casey. I'm on nuttin but the positive train today! Choo-Choo!! Raps in 5!

Comment

• Can't really blame Casey too much on this one. His roster is pretty bad. He probably could have had a better strategy but he was up at the half two games in a row I believe. I mean what can you do when your best player is basically a shell of what he can provide. And his second best player seems dumb as bricks.

Casey had to use Thon Fucking Maker for a long stretch.

Outside of Pops (and even him really) a coach needs talent to do anything in this league. You can't just get by without it. But, SVG never got to the playoffs. Casey did. Despite being in the East that's still an upgrade.

Case may not be the right coach when you are trying to get to that next level. But if you are just trying to get to that first level or sustain it.. Casey is alright. I bet if Casey was coaching a team like the Wizards they each may have made the playoffs even without Wall around.

Comment

• A short break from what promises to be the effing best semi final and final round of the playoffs in the east for a decade.

Here is why some teams continually just suck out loud.

The Suns as the articles point out are on their 7th coach in 8 years. Statistical probability says that one or even three of those guys were probably good coaches and suffered head scratching dismissals at the hands of one of the most inept bungling shortsighted ethnocentric executive offices in all of sports.

I don't have a clue what Igor K was like as a coach but his international wins for Slovenia.. hardly a basketball power... where he had them go deeper into Eurobasket competitions than they should have been. They fought above their weight class.

So why whack him now ?

Heres a dirty little take on the NBA. They are ethnocentric to the core. From obscure quotes such as " he has to much African in him" to categorizing Eruros as to soft and not basket ball savvy enough to warrant being picked high in the draft (see Gobert Rudy and last years laughable debate on Luca Doncic) the NBA mantra is a "Murica... Murica.. Murica" league to their detriment.

The Suns have been a pathetic franchise for a decade... This year they are poised to actually put some players moulded by a team concept on the floor. They have a big man in Aayton.. a SG in Booker (jury is out on him as he has yet to play a meaningful game in his 4 year career) and if the balls fall right and they pick 2nd they get the point guard in Morant they have needed since they inexplicably had 3 good ones and rid themselves of them all .. (Dragic/Bledsoe/Thomas).

They have some cap space they can use to get a younger vet with some leadership qualities and purpose at a position of need at SF. I am thinking Tobias Harris. This would give an actual coach some players to work with instead of the woeful pieces of shit the front office has foisted on them for a while.... Josh Jackson / Dragan Bender / Alex Len / Earl Clarke / Kendal Marshall / Tyler Ennis / Marquiese Chriss are all lottery picks.

Firing Kokosov a non American non African head coach now as they again shift gears midstream to pursue ,Monty Williams, is just so NBA. Williams failed miserably in Nawlins despite the presence of Anthony Davis. He is a dime a dozen kind of guy. But armed with talent Williams could potentially bring the Suns back to releveance.. or to at least in NBA-esse being a team on the rise. Korokosov with a year under his belt in the NBA and with Aayton and Booker could have done that as well.. perhaps better.

The NBA .. where ethnocentrism rules.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Apr 23, 2019, 11:28 AM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

And not comparable to what just happened. Detroit was an 8 seed without its best player being able to do anything much. Last season, Casey had a very good team that couldn't close out two games it should have won, including a game 1 that could have changed the series. Casey deserves heat for his Toronto failures, not for what happened with the Pistons.

Comment

They should hire Dave Joerger. That guy deserves another shot at coaching after the job he did in SAC.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Can't really blame Casey too much on this one. His roster is pretty bad. He probably could have had a better strategy but he was up at the half two games in a row I believe. I mean what can you do when your best player is basically a shell of what he can provide. And his second best player seems dumb as bricks.

Casey had to use Thon Fucking Maker for a long stretch.

Outside of Pops (and even him really) a coach needs talent to do anything in this league. You can't just get by without it. But, SVG never got to the playoffs. Casey did. Despite being in the East that's still an upgrade.

Case may not be the right coach when you are trying to get to that next level. But if you are just trying to get to that first level or sustain it.. Casey is alright. I bet if Casey was coaching a team like the Wizards they each may have made the playoffs even without Wall around.
                                SVG did make the playoffs in his first year, with much worse roster (and also got Lebronned). Reggie Jackson was the "star" of that team, lol. SVG was a terrible GM, but at least he got them Griffin, and Casey is the beneficiary. Imagine Drummond and Reggie Jackson as your 1-2 punch. Yikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X